Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering, what's the 'recommended' iLevel for a WW monk to solo older content (not talking about original or the burning crusade stuff) easily? I haven't been playing my monk THAT long since I've been screwing around on other characters. But I am planning on trying all the stuff you guys did :-) And could it be done with PvP gear? seeing I'm more of a PvP'er in current content :-)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went and solo'd Kael for teh lulz and Ashes dropped. To bad I already have it. Hahahahahahahaha

pvp gear is just pve gear of the same ilvl + pvp power and defense on top (without ilvl costs). So yes obviously you can.

You have a better time with arena gear though

Are the nerfs to chi wave, chi burst, zen sphere going to have a large impact on soloing old stuff? Do these talents account for a large percentage of your self healing?

Chi wave has admittedly got me out of some tight spots while soloing... hell, ive even used it to tank some of the current content bosses without a healer (stupid people dying on blades of light in SM, or being locked out for being slow in TotJS) so i am kinda disappointed that i am losing some of its healing, but, in most cases its not always needed while soloing old content as a BrM.

Deleted
    Just solod Temple of the jade serpent heroic as brewmaster.

The first boss is too easy, the second challenging but still quite easy, then the third is quite hard and you have to use the guard glyph + chi torpedo to survive it, and on the last one use diffuse magic and xuen tho for that one I needed 4 tries so its quite hard compared to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Asnerek View Post
    Just solod Temple of the jade serpent heroic as brewmaster.

The first boss is too easy, the second challenging but still quite easy, then the third is quite hard and you have to use the guard glyph + chi torpedo to survive it, and on the last one use diffuse magic and xuen tho for that one I needed 4 tries so its quite hard compared to the others.
    Admittedly..i've done the last boss without a healer, and with only 1 dps from 50% so i would imagine that is definatelty doable, however, im not 100% sure the trash would be let alone other bosses except for Wise Mari ofcourse.

And if im completely honest, id be reserved on wether or not to believe the full dungeon can be solo'd atleast until i've seen a video, aswell as possibly your armory too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Admittedly..i've done the last boss without a healer, and with only 1 dps from 50% so i would imagine that is definatelty doable, however, im not 100% sure the trash would be let alone other bosses except for Wise Mari ofcourse.

And if im completely honest, id be reserved on wether or not to believe the full dungeon can be solo'd atleast until i've seen a video, aswell as possibly your armory too.
    I can show you what I do have right now and I have to say I regret making more screenshots as I was not even thinking of it while doing the dungeon ( Im more interested in personal achievements than fame so to speak ).

I tried to post my screenshot but my account is too new to be allowed that sadly and I do not own any recording software as of now to make a video but I will look into it and might make one in the future and ofcourse post the screenshot when I am able to.

besides that my next project is scarlet halls wich I will attempt later today.

For my armory as you requested - Jonov on Silvermoon-eu

I supose on the internet trust only goes so far when it comes to proof of soloing and such but feel free to contact me ingame and I can explain in full detail how I was able to and heck I might even boost you :P
    Last edited by mmoc1b92c624c4; 2012-11-10 at 03:01 PM.

Haha im just curious as to how you managed some parts of it... i do think that Brewmasters and Blood Deathknights both have the tools needed to more or less eventually be able to solo one or two heroics... and i do know that the first and last boss in the instance probably are soloable right now(first boss easily, last boss i posted about in my previous post) on either of the classes/specs i listed.

Im assuming you actually must have kited the trash to do it aswell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Haha im just curious as to how you managed some parts of it... i do think that Brewmasters and Blood Deathknights both have the tools needed to more or less eventually be able to solo one or two heroics... and i do know that the first and last boss in the instance probably are soloable right now(first boss easily, last boss i posted about in my previous post) on either of the classes/specs i listed.

Im assuming you actually must have kited the trash to do it aswell?
    Most of it without too much kiting but ofcourse it comes in handy when you do a backwards chi torpedo when you have 1 chi and are a tad low on hp then heal yourself generate 1 more chi and trow a chi wave in before having them hit you again or a guard on yourself whatever feels best at that time.

Overall you can have most packs just hit you all the time as long as you manage your selfhealing properly and not to forget have your ox statue take over a mob when things get rough, the only trash mob that was challenging was the fish before the second boss cause of the bolts he shoots at you all the time.

The third boss had alot of kiting going on and the only one where a magic guard (+10% glyph) is vital because her jade attacks will just destroy you so you make sure you stay close for chi wave but every time you can you will have to chi torpedo around the room to kite and heal and do watch out for the green stuff on the ground, once you have reached the serpent phase it is more or less a guaranteed kill and that boss will stay quite hard untill you got some tier bonusses.

The second boss however was very easy compared to the 3rd and 4th because if you manage their anger buff well you hardly get enough damage on you to get below 50% just treat it as if you were a dps in a party, switch at 6 or 7 stacks and make sure you heal yourself with chi wave, the 90 talent for this one is Rushing Jade Wind cause it will hit both of them and ofcourse give you shuffle.

If you want to try it here is my talent setup for every boss

first boss - Tiger's lust, Chi wave, Power strikes, Leg sweep, Healing elixirs, Rushing jade wind (glyphs - Fortifying Brew, Leer of the ox, Touch of death)
    second boss - Tiger's lust, Chi wave, Power strikes, Leg sweep, Dampen harm, Rushing jade wind (glyphs - Fortifying Brew, Leer of the ox, Touch of death)
    third boss -Celerity, Chi wave, Power strikes, leg sweep, Dampen harm, Chi torpedo (glyphs - Fortifying Brew, Guard, Touch of death)
    Final boss - Tiger's lust, Chi wave, Power strikes, Leg sweep, Diffuse magic, Xuen(glyphs - Fortifying Brew, Leer of the ox, Touch of death)

On trash Tiger's lust, Chi wave, Power strikes, Leg sweep, Rushing jade wind ( glyphs - Fortifying Brew, Leef of the ox, Breath of fire)

Breath of fire is very good for cc for those few seconds when you dont have chi wave up or guard is not yet ready to make sure you dont die.
    Leer of the ox gives you a very nice spell that makes your statue your offtank for a few seconds and can save your skin when things get rough.
    Last edited by mmoc1b92c624c4; 2012-11-11 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draziusk View Post
    I've got a couple of Q's myself..excellent thread so far.
    For Ony 25 is there an increased drop rate on the mount or should I just worry about clearing the one time for the ach then farm on 10?
    In Black Temple is the strategy earlier in this thread what everyone is using for the souls encounter to not get constantly CC'd?
    Is there any Monk specific strategy for Malygos?

My Solo Progress so far..
    Naxx 10
    Kaelthas
    Ony 10/25
    Kara up to chess.
    Gruul's
    Mag's
    OS 3d 10man
    All Wrath & BC Heroics.. only need 1 ach for my red protodrake.. the one in the troll dungeon where you have to let the boss spear 5 unique group members.. no one in my guild wants to do it..
    For RoS in BT you have to go brewmaster, and use your black ox statue to split disorients (can also use xuen to help with dps and disorients, but basically you keep your statue up(she WILL kill it if you dont use every split second between disoreints to put a new one down when the CD is up) and she will spam cast at the statue instead of you when youre disoriented, giving you 1 second windows for interupts = dmg = eventual kill. It is stressful though with the shield constantly going up right as you get out of a disorient, when you do get to dmg you want to keg smash and breath of fire for the dot dmg on shield, keg smash is hardest hitting abilitiy and applies the daze. But yea if you keep your statue up the entire time you will always get random windows for interupts and like i said interupt = dmg = kill just keep statue up if it goes you die painfully. Im not sure about the drop rate in onyxia's lair you could probably find out on wowhead or something.

Also i saw you only did kara up to chess, chess is soloable (look up a youtube vid), basically you just have to move out of the fire the cheater puts down, to make sure you have room you basically start out by moving every pawn 1 step forward (prioritizing the ones in front of king and healers) besides that its just luck and fighting it out.

Deleted
    Stormstout Brewery Heroic solo'd aswell

Now with kill screenshot at 1%

I am still not allowed to link images so swap the (dot) and (slash) with dots and slashes and you can view it

imageshack(dot)us(slash)f(slash)803 (slash)wowscrnshot111412222844(dot)jpg

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 05:14 PM ----------

Gate of the setting sun 3/4 heroic solo'd so far still working on a tactic for the last boss but I will report later how that went, also looking into making a guide how to solo some of these heroics for those interested but it is ofc way more fun to figure it out yourself.

Whew, just finished soloing shadopan heroic, been wanting to do that from back when I needed the fist weapon. This turned out way harder than I expected, basically it starts going downhill after the second boss. Sha trash is brutal, had to learn what's causing so much damage and use focus paralysis. Panda trash was more manageable after I got the CC down, but I still barely survived a few times. Finally, Taran Zhu himself was ridiculously annoying - you barely have time to dps the boss between killing all the orbs, and that while struggling to keep yourself up. Had a very annoying wipe when at 20% he placed an orb right in a middle of a trash pack I chose to skip -_-

Going to have a youtube vid in a few hours, taking forever to render..

10+ Year Old Account
    Any tips for killing the Lich King on 10 man?

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzz View Post
    Any tips for killing the Lich King on 10 man?
    If you know the fight you just do it like you normally would while at 80, just remember to kite the orbs in transitions and it's a kill

So for you guys that have solo'ed Cata content, which 5 man would you guys say is the quickest to farm for Chaos orbs? And which spec?

If you know the fight you just do it like you normally would while at 80, just remember to kite the orbs in transitions and it's a kill
    Wouldn't it be easier to stand on the stairs and ignore them? Also, I'd imagine Infest might cause trouble, because monk healing doesn't work very well at full health so if you don't top yourself off quickly, you're done for.

Shado-pan heroic solo: http://youtu.be/uY_yGi4hGhM (screwed up the quality a bit).
    Last edited by d07RiV; 2012-11-16 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d07RiV View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to stand on the stairs and ignore them? Also, I'd imagine Infest might cause trouble, because monk healing doesn't work very well at full health so if you don't top yourself off quickly, you're done for.
    As BrM my guard never really fell off so keeping myself healed for infest wasn't even a priority, but if it is for others then you can make sure you have EH and whichever lvl 30 talent you chose and use it just as infest is cast. I will definitely try standing on the stairs to not have to worry about kiting, CRJ can also be used on the orbs as the adds don't really do much dmg

I've managed most stuff people have listed here, though as I'm Mistweaver main spec I CBF going brewmaster for a few fights to be able to do them solo, Windwalker is able to get most things down. However I am curious as to if it's possible for WW to get Kologarn 25 down, I've been getting fairly smashed. Anyone had any luck?

To date I've managed:
    All of BC raids except RoS and Vashj (both duo'd easy enough), Sarth+3D (10), All of Uld10, first 2 in ICC 10
    Last edited by dasquee; 2012-11-18 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    It'd incredibly easy, even on heroic. Standing on the stairs for transitions works fine. For infest just make sure your Chi wave is ready for every one and you'll never have any problems.