Page 16 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Does anyone have any tips for soloing Razorgore post patch 5.1? I've been trying in WW and as MW (for healing aggro on RM) and haven't had any luck. Razorgore always dies during the second MC phase because i can't seem to get aggro on the adds =/

EDIT: I have since been able to get him, I did it in MW, made a focus macro for renewing mist and set razorgore as my focus. At a few seconds left into the control I made sure he was close enough to cast my macro and used that to break the control, which puts a hot on razorgore and gives myself healing aggro. SCK'd down the adds, mc'd, repeat.
    Last edited by Vraizan; 2012-11-28 at 05:24 AM.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Vraizan View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for soloing Razorgore post patch 5.1? I've been trying in WW and as MW (for healing aggro on RM) and haven't had any luck. Razorgore always dies during the second MC phase because i can't seem to get aggro on the adds =/

EDIT: I have since been able to get him, I did it in MW, made a focus macro for renewing mist and set razorgore as my focus. At a few seconds left into the control I made sure he was close enough to cast my macro and used that to break the control, which puts a hot on razorgore and gives myself healing aggro. SCK'd down the adds, mc'd, repeat.
    I just did this as WW without a problem. Make sure you're killing eggs as fast as possible, and use expel harm/chi wave as soon as the channel breaks. It seems they've made the channel a lot harder to break so it makes this fight piss easy.

I am seriously concerned about WW's survivability now with the big hit to Chi Wave, but I'm yet to try it out on intensive fights. Am about to do Onyxia now, but she's never really been a problem.

I just solo'd Razorgore as Brewmaster. Easiest ever. Summon the Ox statue in the mid of the room. When youre ready to break the MC on Razor, take him to the statue. Break MC and use Leer of the Ox. Kill the adds around you, and go back to egg destroying. The statue will tank all the adds it taunted for the fight. They can't kill it, it has to much health. I destroyed all the eggs with Razor still have around 70% hp.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Any tips for doing Bloodboil in BT? everything else has been easy, can't get this guy

can someone help me with soloing heroic zg? I keep getting killed by the first mob i have no experince with monk tanking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piznik View Post
    Any tips for doing Bloodboil in BT? everything else has been easy, can't get this guy
    Really? I had no problem with him. Killed him as WW with ~430 ilvl gear.

DPS him as normal, pop the occasional heal when damage gets tough, save Fort Brew + Touch of Karma for the end when stacks get high, but nothing insurmountable at all.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 06:51 AM ----------

Took my first foray into Monk soloing the day before yesterday:

90 WW with ~450 gear. No epics, mostly blues, few greens (at the time).

Fully Cleared:

Karazhan (full) -- Difficulty: 0/10
    OS3D 10 (on second try) -- Difficulty: 7/10 (easy if you can do the DPS)
    EoE10 -- Difficulty: 0/10
    VoA10 (all except Toravon, still think he's doable though) -- Difficulty: 3/10 depending on boss, mostly just tedious though
    BWL -- Difficulty: 2/10, did razorgore as WW, no real issues
    BT -- Difficulty: 3/10 (had no problems killing RoS, went BM in DPS gear with the ox and found the fight super easy, Ox didn't take any damage at all from being hit. All other fights were easy, council was probably the hardest for me. Cursed Vision dropped, too).
    TK -- Difficulty: 3/10 (easy as long as you remember to equip the staff)

So, how doable is ZG/ZA for monks? I've been wanting to get that one 24 slot bag you get from some quest reward in one of them, was thinking of just trying to solo it as I already claimed Ony and Sarth's bags. But I'm not sure of how much the difficulty ups, or if you need to use BM or not (I'm WW). Any thoughts/suggestions/tips?

i'd imagine the only thing to watch out for in ZA is the Bear charge (bear boss and zuljin). but since you only need to kill 2 bosses to be able to clear now, they are both doable. I've done every boss in ZG apart from snake myself... granted that was before vengeance nerf, and they were all fairly easy to do once you worked out a strategy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Piznik View Post
    As WW, keep Chi Wave up 100% and Expel Harm on CD, glyph of Fists of Fury for the parry. Just burn the crap out of him.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 01:40 AM ----------

I'm having so much fun getting my ass kicked by Brutallus cause Blizz has Xuen taunt while in Brewmaster spec, but still makes him want to stand behind the boss. SO I keep getting hit by his freaking meteor slash cause Xuen is turning him all over the place.

Any advice for Illidari Council in BT? I've attempted it a few times as WW and every time i get them to low enough health and try to Touch of Death it brings the one i'm attacking to 1 health then brings him back up to 200k+. Every time I've been at that point my health is getting low and I can never recover, any advice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redman2112 View Post
    Any advice for Illidari Council in BT? I've attempted it a few times as WW and every time i get them to low enough health and try to Touch of Death it brings the one i'm attacking to 1 health then brings him back up to 200k+. Every time I've been at that point my health is getting low and I can never recover, any advice?
    Since all 4 of them share a health pool, imagine touch of death (Assuming a 350K damage use) doing about 87K to each of them. My best advice is to just get better gear, its amazing the difference a little bit of gear can make. Otherwise, remember Fortifying Brew when you need it and use Touch of Karma when you are ~50% hp as it will give you 8 seconds of free time to heal yourself up while also doing extra damage to them.

If you aren't already, use Expel Harm instead of Jab when you need the healing and I strongly recommend Chi Wave for soloing. In addition, it is the female Blood Elf (forgot her name) that uses Circle of Healing semi often. Interrupt it when you can but since they make each other immune to Physical or Magical damage occasionally she will sometimes be immune to interrupts. Finally, don't forget that they share a health pool and if you can't safely attack one without standing in consecrate/blizzard just move out of it and attack one you can. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zor-EL View Post
    can someone help me with soloing heroic zg? I keep getting killed by the first mob i have no experince with monk tanking
    Most of the named mobs, especially the casters, are extremely rough. I generally just ran around em, it was pretty easy. For the first mob, run INTO the green stuff, fast, click the cauldron, kill the bugs. Kite the add to that cauldron, make sure to keep the buff up, easy kill.

If your aim is mount, I would suggest going to left after entrance, over the water/bug mini boss. Careful of the Raptor riders, they pat, can be skiped (Tricky to), run past all the mobs, skipping em, kill the tiki-lord, kill the 5-pat, CC the priest (Or kill the priest, CC a bloodrinker), easy kill panther lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Things I have done over the past week.
    Ony 25: Took me 49 minutes
    ICC10: Had help for Gunship and Dreamwalker
    TotC 10: Quite easy no real issues.
    Bloodlord: Thanks to the russian who posted a vid how he did it.
    TK: I only do last boss for mount, very easy.
    BT: Was quite easy post 5.1 with the 15sec cd on disorient on the 2nd boss of ros.
    BWD: Omnomtron, wasnt that hard, with the right talents its quite easy. 2 shot it. http://imgur.com/PeyUM

Thats all I've dont atm still have a few raids and dungeons to go, but there's no rush.
    479 Ilvl ran everything as BrM. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%ACe/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc850d3f20a8; 2012-12-02 at 05:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got a bit bored this week and needed some old achievements so I went back and did:

Eye of Eternity 25 - extremely easy, last phase was much easier than I thought it'd be using 11123 rotation

Naxxramas 25 - Gluth was actually the only boss I needed to switch to 10man for, as his zombies heal him for 900k hp and are practically unkillable from range, Thaddius was my main goal which I managed although I did enrage him (30m hp, 6min enrage).

BWL - for anyone having problems with Razorgore, all you need to do is have a bar addon like bartender, cast expel harm on CD (you can cast spell on your main char while using the orb, it breaks the orb channel). It effectively resets the aggro from the boss and gets you aggro by healing yourself, and you can retake the orb straight afterwards. DO NOT double click the orb, you'll cancel the channel instantly and think its bugged.

ICC 10 - really easy although monks with much worse gear would probably struggle with the effective enrages on Blood Queen and Festergut (if you run out of time on debuff on Queen, or if you reach 10 stacks on fester, you die instantly).

Ulduar 25 - This is by far the most enjoyable thing I've done and I'll sort of recommend a few things for people that might want to try it:

- Flame leviathan is indeed soloable, take a demolisher and clear all the trash, reset the boss once, move 3 demolishers into the room spread a little away from each other so the boss doesn't cleave, then it's pretty simple, get in one, stack to 8, refresh just before it runs out, jump to second demo when out of energy and stack straight to 10, sometimes dont even need the 3rd demo.

- Ignis is straight forward tank and spank, I do him as Windwalker because I hate BrM but it would be much easier as BrM, he hits hard enough to sometimes get me low as WW.

- Razorscale I found isn't bad for WW, wait for her to cast a breath and use 2 rolls + Flying Serpent Kick around 2-3 stacks, she won't reach you in time to refresh.

- Xt, while I haven't tried on HM, is pretty ok in terms of difficulty, I'd say go BrM and just make it a long fight although it's doable as WW, the problem with HM is it's not really possible to push the heart as BrM but probably wouldn't be survivable as WW.

- Iron Council I found not doable as WW as Fusion punch still hits too hard, I doubt HM would be doable as BrM as the damage buff wouldn't be significant enough from Steelbreaker to do 10mill damage before you die. (I've done Medium mode 3 times as BrM).

- Kologarn has picked me up a few times, no idea why, I've done him as both specs but if you want "If looks could kill" (the reason i went) go BrM as you can then run out of melee range and just tank the breath he does until beams go away.

- Auriaya hits a little too hard for WW, went BrM.

- Thorim - Not doable in my current gear, the tactic used when soloing 10man forces hard mode which does too much damage for me to tank at this point, got him to 20% on HM, could not attempt normal solo. (I've heard of another tactic using statue or something as a sub in arena but can't find it).

- Mimiron - Not doable in current gear, hit enrage as BrM because of lack of ranged attack, died in p1 as WW due to massive damage, might be doable with better gear/cd usage.

- Freya was simple enough on normal, haven't given her a good attempt since I enraged her on HM (3 trees) but seems doable enough with good execution.

- Hodir was probably the second hardest boss, he needs about 80k dps to beat his enrage timer, the lightning buff doesn't affect you solo and he hits pretty hard with frozen blows still hitting for 40k and melees critting up to 80k, break as many adds as possible and try stay in light making sure to keep yourself alive with orbs.

- Vezax was the only HM I was able to do, on 25man he chain casts Searing Flames for the entire fight which hits for about 10k damage, I went BrM and did the fight as normal, killed the Animus after it had already stacked 99 stacks, Vezax enraged about ~30% but all that did was increase his flames damage to around 60k, which was still healable for me. The only problem I had was sometimes when he does his "Black Blood of Yogg Saron" buff thing he melees, which one shot me twice, best to try to save CD's for when he casts that and hope the melee doesn't simply one shot you.

- Yogg, this was the only fight that actually made me have to really think. When Freya is up Malady will never have a minimum threshold so you will have to stand in the beam, meaning 2 crushers will be up and it'll be extremely hard.

For this reason I went 3 lights (left freya out). Kill first crusher as normal, you should have either the numbers 4, 16 or 28 sanity after the first malady, if its 4 you need to be extremely careful in portals as its extremely easy to get hit by a skeleton and just get MC'd straight away. If its the ICC portal then its easy enough, aoe the 3 groups of tentacles and you should have ~40 seconds on brain, which is enough to flip it in one phase at least in my level of gear. If its another then you have to be careful, do not rush, when you get out do as much damage to whatever you can and go back in the next portal and flip the boss.

At this point you either have 1 crusher and maybe 1-2 smalls up (1 portal phase) or 2 crushers and ~4 small tentacles up, if its the latter you need to focus, pop all CD's to make sure you keep immortal guardians dead, while I started with the crushers I'd say start with the small adds as the debuffs they give can be quite brutal. Spec Diffuse magic to make sure you can get rid of the magic debuff thats an extreme energy killer, you can use Detox to dispell everything else except Doom which isn't a problem.

When all tentacles are down the patience phase begins, unless you have boss mods showing timers for the Cackle phase you need to be really careful, concentrate on the small adds, make sure no marked ones ever explode to give healing buff to others, pop CD's every chance you get. I found that the most damage I could do to the boss between Cackles was about 4-5 GCD's, any more and it was kind of cutting it too close for comfort. Eventually killed it about a minute before enrage on an attempt using 2 portal phases (and 16 insanity after initial cackles, if you hit 4 sanity and don't get the ICC portal you're kinda screwed).

Suícune - Silvermoon EU - 493 Ilvl

Deleted
    Every second their health gets balanced (redistributed) and since you're only dpsing 1 of the 4, it jumps up and down quite a bit, as you do damage to 1 then a second later it heals back up 3/4 of that damage and 1/4 of the damage is dealt to the other 3. Just keep dpsing and they will die.

Which one were you burning down? The female heals, so if you weren't on her, she probably healed as you touched. I just burn her and hand strike her circle of healing

Spent some time trying my luck in 10N Firelands earlier. Alysrazor is more or less trivial as WW. Spent a while trying Rhyolith as BM, but you just can't put enough pressure on the legs to get him to turn reliably. Survivability as WW is a little hairy, but he turns much better and the adds melt, so it's just a matter of steering him around well and volcano RNG not screwing you too badly. Hit defensive cooldowns once the shell's off and you're good.

I can get Shannox down to his 30%/no dogs frenzy in BM, but my 484 gear doesn't seem quite capable of keeping up with the damage output at that point.

Haven't tried Beth or Baelroc yet.

edit: Beth went down in just a few pulls as BM. Survive Smouldering Devastation, vengeance spikes up to silly levels, /lol to victory. Save Fort Brew and Xuen for when she goes to the bottom, since all the spiders you didn't kill earlier are going to hork acid in your face.

edit2: Poked around BWD a bit as BM as well. Omnotron is a straight tank and spank, Magmaw takes some careful healing but is doable. Can't dispel Maloriak's heal and he'll freeze the tank, dunno if there's a way around it. Stagger makes Chimaeron basically impossible for BM, WW kept getting mauled by Double Attack. Didn't try Atramedes.

Also poked my head into BoT, but Halfus + Slate Drake = nope.
    Last edited by ScizCT; 2012-12-04 at 05:48 AM.

That might be silly question but how do you deal with the trash in fl? Perhaps I'm overestimating it but better safe then sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScizCT View Post
    Alysrazor is more or less trivial as WW.
    Did you fly down and kill the hatchlings? Or do the old 85 tact of landing outside the fight area and kite up Rhyoliths stairs? If so what talents / ability rotation did you use to survive harsh winds?

Went on a bit of a soloing frenzy this weekend. Went through the majority of TBC content (MH, BT, SSC, TK, SWP, Gruul), and tried my hand at Ulduar. Tried 25 man to start with but didn't have quite enough DPS to burn FL down, so switched to 10 man to kill FL, then back to 25 for Ignis. That was doable but took AAAAAGES, then I went to Razorscale and died because of the tank debuff (5 stacks = can't move/attack/anything, which you COULD survive if you prepare for it). So soloing Ulduar 25 is doable, but takes forever. Longer than I could be bothered with, at any rate.

The only other thing of note to mention is that in SWP, I skipped Kalecgos and killed every other boss. Was pretty fun.