Page 20 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalz View Post
    Yes :O Who is this?
    This is Reckebo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    10 man isn't a problem - I'm doing it on 25. And I'm pulling around 130k dps, but it's just not enough. Grr.
    You need around 200k dps to beat him on 25man, I 2 manned Sarth3D it with a DK.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Did ulduar 10 all bosses except thorim / vezax / yogg

First 2 bosses in icc10 as well prolly could have done more but didn't have anyone that wanted to come do gunship.

All done as Brewmaster in WW gear.

How did you get past Reliquary of Souls in BT if I may ask?

easy now =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    easy now =P
    As you can probably see that post is about 2 months old, Pre 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    As you can probably see that post is about 2 months old, Pre 5.1.

Ya thats why i changed my original post haha. I soloed ROS as a 86 ww monk.

[Windwalker 483] Just solo'd Naxx. Died once to Kelthuzad because I didn't realize you could simply keep your distance and he can never cast it. ("It" being his Frost Nova that does ~104% HP in damage over 4 seconds)
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-15 at 01:00 AM. Reason: clarification
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Not sure if someone else has already done it and posted about it (cba to go through 20 pages, lol): I just managed to solo Omnitron, Halfus, Valiona and Theralion, and Ascendant Council on 10 man normal.

Brewmaster spec, with the gear in my armory (link in sig). Was pretty fun!

Deleted
    A little offtopic but holy christ that offhand shek looks terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Not sure if someone else has already done it and posted about it (cba to go through 20 pages, lol): I just managed to solo Omnitron, Halfus, Valiona and Theralion, and Ascendant Council on 10 man normal.

Brewmaster spec, with the gear in my armory (link in sig). Was pretty fun!
    I'm seriously impressed. No joke. I have a ~lvl40 Brewmaster alt and was kind of enjoying it so I took my main (ilvl483) WW and made him a Brewmaster and tried to run Zul'Gurub. I nearly died to every bit of trash. I was only able to take out he Venom Boss because he stays at range and self-stuns.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

ZG trash is probably harder than most of the bosses. I haven't messed around with the venom boss but the panther and raptor bosses aren't too bad. I do panther as WW and raptor as BrM (as it's necessary to survive decapitate). Jin'do is a joke as well. For the trash, if you don't CC them properly, they can get pretty nasty but a little bit of kiting and self healing can usually keep you alive.

Deleted
    Just did Omnitron in item level 467 gear, talk about brutal. Healing elixirs is a great talent.

Going to have a whack at halfus, perhaps he could be doable as MW

Alright, definitely not on the mistweaver but hilariously easy as BM

You can skip the entire trash bar the staircase with an engineering glider to twin dragons, seem to get destroyed by blackout though. Guess I'll need to glyph guard because I don't feel like going out of healing elixirs is a good idea.
    Last edited by mmocf10b8a8948; 2012-12-16 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    A little offtopic but holy christ that offhand shek looks terrible
    Yeah, offhands bug out horribly on the armory for some reason. =/ Looks fine in-game!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm seriously impressed. No joke. I have a ~lvl40 Brewmaster alt and was kind of enjoying it so I took my main (ilvl483) WW and made him a Brewmaster and tried to run Zul'Gurub. I nearly died to every bit of trash. I was only able to take out he Venom Boss because he stays at range and self-stuns.
    Haha, thanks. I think a lot of it was gear-dependent and taking advantage of vengeance boosted self heals. It's a shame that the first tier of Cataclysm raids seem to have a lot of 'un-soloable' mechanics, such as Magmaw's mangle and Council of Wind's... y'know, being on different platforms.

Cho'gall 'might' be doable if I can figure out a way to avoid getting 100 corruption.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Alright, definitely not on the mistweaver but hilariously easy as BM
    Ye, the only issue I had was at the start. Once a drake or two was released/killed it was pretty easy. Same as at level 85 I guess!

You can skip the entire trash bar the staircase with an engineering glider to twin dragons, seem to get destroyed by blackout though. Guess I'll need to glyph guard because I don't feel like going out of healing elixirs is a good idea.
    I sometimes think I should've made this char an engineer for that glider alone Always so jelly of my Paladin co-tank in raids, haha.

As for the Blackout, it 'should' be ok if you use a CD whenever it's up. Just, not Diffuse Magic: it removes the debuff which makes it explode, deals damage, THEN starts reducing the damage you take. Weird order of things, but hey.

I found that sometimes she just didn't cast it on me, which was nice. Otherwise, Fortifying Brew/Guard just before it exploded worked well.

I also didn't use healing elixirs at all for any of the bosses I mentioned. Forgot I had it, tbh. >>; But then Diffuse Magic is a nice CD for most situations, so y'know.
    Last edited by Kisho; 2012-12-16 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    I can't meet the DPS on the twins just yet, can survive them but they enrage at ~ 25% so that's probably a gear issue. Elixir is pretty good it's a 10% heal every 18 or so seconds for the cost of a chi.

Yeah, I was REALLY close to the enrage. On my first attempt I died when they were in Touch of Death range, and I was literally just about to hit ToD when they enraged and killed me. =/ Alas.

Deleted
    Roughly what DPS did you kill it with? I had ~30k but that's including the increased amount of healing I needed to do and managing a glyphed guard.

Errr, that's a good question... I dunno, 40-50k ish? Around that range or so.

Deleted
    Damn, quite a bit to go then

The main thing that helped was using consumables (300 agi food, agi flask, pots), double potting, and syncing said pots up with Xuen. With the DPS I stated I ended up being about a minute ahead of enrage, a huge difference from my first attempt. That was simply proper management of DPS cooldowns/consumables.

But yeah, gear will obviously help a ton!

This tread is what got me interested in soloing old content as a monk and grats to all the people that have killed stuffz

I was able to kill Omnotron Defense System 10man as a brewmaster monk was quite fun, wiped a few times at 1-2% till i got it down pat, even noticed i forgot to put the stat buff up (woops) Screen Shot

been working on heroic 10man LK wiped on 0.1% to due enrage ill be trying again soon now that guild raid is taking a break and i can regem/enchant some gear for more dps..

How do i solo last boss in ssc? I just get chainfeared to death everytime.