Page 28 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Avutu View Post
    What's that unitframe addon, loving the look + how chi/combo points look on it! Also what's the addon for the bars that count down your buffs and dots, is it weakauras?

Gj on the solos, I've been leveling my monk for a while and I've been reading this thread eagerly, can't wait to do some soloing on mine! Gotta have warglaives first though
    It's all part of ElvUI : http://tukui.org/dl.php
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    How difficult would Zul'Aman or Zul'Gurub heroic be? Never did them in cata so I have no idea if there are any stupid mechanics and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascor View Post
    How difficult would Zul'Aman or Zul'Gurub heroic be? Never did them in cata so I have no idea if there are any stupid mechanics and such.
    I did Zul'Aman the other day, only real problem I had was with the Bear boss (he uses a move called charge, small damage but it debuffs you so that the NEXT charge deals 500% more damage, the damage soon becomes unhealable). This isn't MUCH of a problem though, as you only need 2 of the 4 bosses to open the gets to the last two bosses, and the other bosses are pretty easy . The first boss past the gate is cake, scary warlock guy with a couple of adds, even as a noob geared brewmaster he was no problem. the problem comes with the LAST boss... who copies the abilies of 2 of the previous bosses... guess which one he copies for me EVERY time... yeah.. bear..

Not tried ZG... but off the top of my head I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be soloable. so crack on !
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Trying myself to get Algalon(10) down. My best try was a wipe at 33%. I've been working my way around phase punch with Xuen, glyph of retreat and Terracotta Fragment. Seems to work well, just the cooldown on the trinket makes it hard to get some good practive with the aggro swapping.

Deleted
    I'd like to show you this video of Stone Guards :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujEgQ...ature=youtu.be

I should beat their enrage timer with a better and properly reforged gear.
    Last edited by mmoc535bd6987d; 2013-01-18 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I did Zul'Aman the other day, only real problem I had was with the Bear boss (he uses a move called charge, small damage but it debuffs you so that the NEXT charge deals 500% more damage, the damage soon becomes unhealable). This isn't MUCH of a problem though, as you only need 2 of the 4 bosses to open the gets to the last two bosses, and the other bosses are pretty easy . The first boss past the gate is cake, scary warlock guy with a couple of adds, even as a noob geared brewmaster he was no problem. the problem comes with the LAST boss... who copies the abilies of 2 of the previous bosses... guess which one he copies for me EVERY time... yeah.. bear..

Not tried ZG... but off the top of my head I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be soloable. so crack on !
    Was this on heroic? I almost died against the first trash pack, actually, my stagger brought me to 0% after the pack had died. I'm in all 463 blues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Misanthrope View Post
    Do General Vezzax as Windwalker to speed it up. Just don't interrupt searing flames and he will just spam it the entire fight doing absolutely pathetic damage. Just every once in awhile throw a spinning fire blossom at a saronite vapor to keep the animus from spawning
    Yeah i know but i needed the achievement so i didn't kill any saronite vapor and thus needed to spec BrM to tank both vezzax and animus and vezzax enrage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naekiwi View Post
    Yeah same question as above, also yeah I've been able to do all TBC content before Black Temple (SSC, TK, Gruul, Mag, Kara though chess event still sucks), all level 80 heroics, the first boss of ToC10m, gonna see how far I can get in Naxx25, I doubt I can get them but I would really love a sword off 4horseman.

Tried Sunwell but Brutallus' meteor strike still stacks too hard n high, Kalecgos is unkillable as it requires one person in the portal realm and one in the real realm. But yeah, ROS is hard to do even with two or three people because of the stupid fear spam. I assume you used Xuen somehow and maybe that weird Mogu relic trinket, but even still there's not enough interrupt going on.
    easy soloing BT as WW monk- RoS is faceroll- on this phase u need to bring xuen, pop fortyfying brew when u nuke him (dmg will go back at you ) and remember- dont do my mistake- DO NOT use touch of death without Touch of Karma or u will kill urself
    so far im doing 10m:
    Onyxia
    Naxx (even with achiev on 4 horseman - bit of running tho )
    ICC first 2 bosses
    and 25
    BT
    Tempest Keep
    plus all old ones (gruul, maghteridon karazhan, ahn quirajj etc)
    also- tip on Razorgore in BWL- go as Brewmaster with Leer of The OX glyph- put Ox statyue on middle of room for taunts- enjoy your loot

Deleted

How do you kill Daakara when he has the bear ability? It three shots me at the moment and my tiger won't take aggro for some dumb reason so I get hit every time. Can't possibly survive that for 80% of the fight, barely 10%.

Deleted
    Damn I finally managed to solo festergut, the stacking bloat gave me such a hard time but with the help off ToD and Xuen I managed to down it in the nick of time. also used diffuse magic but don't know for sure if that helped out in gaining stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascor View Post
    How do you kill Daakara when he has the bear ability? It three shots me at the moment and my tiger won't take aggro for some dumb reason so I get hit every time. Can't possibly survive that for 80% of the fight, barely 10%.
    I didn't that's the point , he keeps going frakkin bear and nuking me. I can't see Lynx being a problem though, so I guess it's up to the RNGods if you can solo this place or not . At least on this tier, maybe later it might be possible.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    What gear level would be the lowest to solo sarth3d 10man and naxx10?

When I did Sarth 3d I was at around 463..maybe the same for Naxx 10

Finally got Magmaw down. Dumb worm.
    Now lets see if i get chim down the last 50%

Deleted
    I didn't that's the point , he keeps going frakkin bear and nuking me. I can't see Lynx being a problem though, so I guess it's up to the RNGods if you can solo this place or not . At least on this tier, maybe later it might be possible.
    Yes I've tried several times against the bear, I'm getting to around 50% before I die, so need more damage to nuke him down quicker (or more survivability I reckon, but that'll reduce my damage). I killed the cat/dragonhawk on the first attempt today though.

I went and played with Ulduar 25 last week while I still had a BrM spec (I'm normally MW/WW but we needed me to fill in for tanking) and cleared everything up to keepers and was only able to kill Freya (hit enrage on Hodir). That said, lot of bosses took quite a while to kill and I certainly don't have the dps for Thorim or Hodir as BrM. What bosses are people doing as WW and are there any specific glyphs that are a godsend to soloing (i.e. the FoF glyph that gives 100% parry during the channel).

Warlord Bloodhilt (A Change of Command - legendary questline boss)

I didn't actually solo Warlord Bloodhilt down to 0%, but i got it down to 9% before some other players joined the fight (I felt too busy to tell them to go away). Obviously, I feel i could have soloed it, but having got the fight done almost solo I'm not that eager to try it again. No video but i took a log. (Note that though I died and was brezzed at the end, this would not have happened if I was still solo, since I was killed by the choke' em out ability that doesn't target the tank - a pet had aggro)

Strategy:

Brewmaster spec

Focus all resources on healing rather than on maintaining shuffle. Chi wave and glyphed guard (for healing buff) on cooldown, fueled by keg smash and expel harm, avoiding wasting energy on jab if possible. Spend any remaining energy on healing sphere, if you don't need it immediately cast it nearby to pick up later and/or pool energy until you do need it. Remaining GCDs are spent on tiger palm. Use elusive brew frequently for healing elixirs, don't forget to grab any green spheres when you need them. Use fortifying brew, zen meditation and chi torpedo as cooldowns.

You can also use black ox statue to get him to charge it and give you some kite time, however if you cast chi wave before a charge and are a distance away from the statue you might lose bounces from it. Somehow it didn't feel to me that the statue was helping that much and I opted not to use the statue in my last attempt; I felt that with ascension i didn't need it and could stay on him for dps (I had been using power strikes earlier).

That's about it, but be warned that with 50k dps it will take you around 40 minutes to kill and you can die in the space of a few seconds.

Talent spec and glyphs used:

Celerity
    Chi Wave
    Ascension (you need only a fixed amount of chi for chi wave and guard but can use unlimited energy on healing spheres)
    Leg Sweep
    Healing Elixirs
    Chi Torpedo

Glyph of Guard
    Glyph of Fortifying Brew (might be counterproductive since i tended to use it at low health)
    Glyph of Enduring Healing Sphere

Buffs used: armor and haste elixirs, stam food. I forgot to cast legacy of the emperor.

Gear - around 496 ilvl with a lot of pieces being windwalker optimized since that's my main spec.
    Last edited by Audax; 2013-01-21 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    That's about it, but be warned that with 50k dps it will take you around 40 minutes to kill and you can die in the space of a few seconds.
    Nicely done!
    Sad on my realm iam pretty sure i cant spend 40 minuteso n that fight without getting some horde sniping me

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    Don't know if any other monks have tried yet but I managed Razorgore (BWL) solo last night! It was hard work and cost be about 125g in repair bills in failed attempts. I did it as a 487 BrM, but I don't think the gear mattered much, it was massively overkill. I reckon most lvl 90s should be able to do it.

The important part is to make sure you take Zen Sphere - the HoT seems to generate aggro while you're controlling Razorgore.
    Just glyph your statue (BrM), place it in the center of the room and you´re fine. No need to cast anything. Just control him twice and destroy eggs.