Page 45 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyric View Post
    Sure it is, if you kill the boss within 1 xuen, then yeah, but that would require about 200k dps. Do some fast math, you can get 4 stacks on yourself, max 3 stacks on xuen before he disappears and another 4 stacks on yourself, so thats 11 stacks overall, and he applies a stack every 15 secs. So 11*15 secs=165 secs to burn down 35 mill, about 210k dps, thoroughly impressed if you can push that as BrM without getting overwhelmed by the damage.
    You don't need to kill him within 1 xuen. There is a special ability we have called Transcendence. I'll let you figure out how I used it and when. As I said, the fight wasn't that challenging because it only required a tiny bit of ingenuity with 2 abilities and a glyph. I did have to use my defensive cd's pretty liberally and there were a couple times where I had back to back expel harms used if I got low. But it wasn't necessarily challenging. 2 wipes total before I figured out to use Trans.

You might be world first MW solo, but definitely not world first monk solo. Like I said, pretty sure Wan has done it all before us. I only went in there for the transmog stuff anyway, and I got what I went in there for. Wan is doing some pretty cool stuff with his solos as well, but the time he is taking is insane.
    Last edited by gynshon; 2013-07-08 at 12:14 AM.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    héhé nop, I didn't kill Algalon 25 before. I found a strat, to survive, but I considered it as a waste of time.

On another note I slained Conclave of Wind, the last normal boss remaining from Cataclysm. There's a part of bug, I'll do it properly with a bit more gear : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEqYScRR3kY

Oh last thing, I'll upload my attempt on the Sha of Fear 42%, 3mins30 remaining for tomorrow (which could reach 35% and 12min30 without this *bip-bip* freeze. Rest will come with more gear. This boss will surely fall during 5.4 ! I didn't used Lei Shi's hope buff, though.
    A small step closer to insanity, and a big step for the monk's potential in soloing !

Deleted
    well, saying that after ive posted the video....whatever man, but i just dont like claims without proof, i said i killed it and posted a video. I didnt claim to have killed it world first after someone has posted a video, and then listed what they did in the video as my own tactic, if you truely did use transcendence, then i believe you wouldve mentioned it before I uploaded the video, since its pretty vital. But whatever.

Edit: Nice kill Wan, was banging my head against it a few days ago, couldnt do it as MW due to the boss despawning after I left the platform, guess you solved that problem though, gl with spine
    Last edited by mmoc2dccaf01b0; 2013-07-08 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    well, saying that after ive posted the video....whatever man, but i just dont like claims without proof
    Well then neither of you have killed it world first monk, given neither of you have proof. Except that gynshon probably doesn't care at all about that, and you do from reading your posts. Gratz on the kill though.

well, saying that after ive posted the video....whatever man, but i just dont like claims without proof, i said i killed it and posted a video. I didnt claim to have killed it world first after someone has posted a video, and then listed what they did in the video as my own tactic, if you truely did use transcendence, then i believe you wouldve mentioned it before I uploaded the video, since its pretty vital. But whatever.

Edit: Nice kill Wan, was banging my head against it a few days ago, couldnt do it as MW due to the boss despawning after I left the platform, guess you solved that problem though, gl with spine
    Yea because it isn't feasible to consider a 13/13H Brewmaster in the #1 US 10m guild wouldn't think of cutting edge tactics to down a boss tiers ago? I mean, we wait till at least 5 videos are out on tactics before we do anything....o wait.

BTW - I didn't look at your video, or claim anything prior to your thread that I went in and did anything because I didn't think it was a big deal since I figured Wan already soloed it. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nsmogs!/page87
    Look at the post date. Well before your video release.

But here you go. Grats on your world first monk 25 Algalon with a video. Can I get an autograph?
    Last edited by gynshon; 2013-07-08 at 06:49 AM.

Having come to this thread and reading the first page where people were having trouble with Reliquary of Souls in Black Temple, I didn't even consider it would be of any difficulty. I've ran it three weeks in a row and didn't know people were even having issues with that.

As a Brewmaster, since you hardly take damage in that place, I've been using Breath of Fire after every Keg Smash. The dot is enough to kill it no prob.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMamming View Post
    Having come to this thread and reading the first page where people were having trouble with Reliquary of Souls in Black Temple, I didn't even consider it would be of any difficulty. I've ran it three weeks in a row and didn't know people were even having issues with that.

As a Brewmaster, since you hardly take damage in that place, I've been using Breath of Fire after every Keg Smash. The dot is enough to kill it no prob.
    You used to get stunned constantly

Deleted
    Anyone had any luck in Firelands? I'd love the offset druid gear from that tier, looks boss

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks and any class with a pet could always solo Reliquary, classes that didnt have a pet were 100% disoriented the whole fight and just ended up dead.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    Anyone had any luck in Firelands? I'd love the offset druid gear from that tier, looks boss
    I soloed all of 10m normal last night, 530ish itemlevel. Heroic could be difficult, the rag damage was pretty mean at times, as was staghelm madness jumping. Needs to be said that i just went in and facerolled though, I didn't even flask etc.

Rag has been soloed on heroic iirc, but that's not comfortable "every week soloing" I imagine, given how much damage I took on normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranoch View Post
    I soloed all of 10m normal last night, 530ish itemlevel. Heroic could be difficult, the rag damage was pretty mean at times, as was staghelm madness jumping. Needs to be said that i just went in and facerolled though, I didn't even flask etc.

Rag has been soloed on heroic iirc, but that's not comfortable "every week soloing" I imagine, given how much damage I took on normal.
    I assume as BrewM?

Deleted
    Well done for Fireland soloing Aranoch.
    If you're able to kill Domo and Rag, the 5 first boss in heroic should be pretty easy. Heroic Rag is a huge difficulty beyond everything in this raid.

Otherwise, here is the soloing of the Sha of Fear until 42%. (3mins 40 remaining on the enrage timer). Do not be blinded :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZNfe...ature=youtu.be
    I'll give it a few others attempts, but the gear is now the best thing which will help me.

I like going back to Burning Crusade content and solo farming all those raids.
    I do Temptest Keep every week for the mount.
    Karazhan for the mount and pets
    SSC for pets

And whatever cool xmog gear I can snatch up along the way is bonus.

I do it all as mistweaver.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranoch View Post

Think you could write a guide on how to do them as brewmaster? I want to start soloing normal FL aswell!

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Think you could write a guide on how to do them as brewmaster? I want to start soloing normal FL aswell!
    Shannox, I find it easier if you're an engineer, what I used to do when I first did it was start him at the bottom of the ramp to the entrance, then run up when he through the spear, and parachuted back down when he did it again. Resetting stacks every 1-2 spears is crucial, try to save CDs for soft enrage near the end.

Lord Rhyo, it's vital to hit the volcanoes that are active, as they will eventually rip you to shreds, and don't forget to kill the adds, fairly simple though, try not to use keg smash when you're trying to turn him

Alysrazor, probably easier to go WW for this, although if you don't have the dps, BrM can survive the tornado plus adds and go through multiple flying phases

Baleroc, make sure you have Elusive Brew up for Decimation Blade, this will end up being an RNG mechanic for the most part, as long as you dodge 1 you'll be fine, there's no crystals or tank buff/debuff

Bethilac, Just go up top at the start, don't bother jumping down until she goes down as the aoe won't kill you, it can get a little hectic if the fight doesn't bug out here, pun not intended. I've still finished the fight when all the adds heal her, but quite often they won't

I always 2 man the last couple on my pally for xmog, but the way I can see it going is:

Staghelm, he'll never be a scorpion, since it's just you, meaning he'll just stay in cat form and keep leaping to the point where he'll just be spam leaping, just kite him around the room (maybe you can stand in fire for vengeance?) and dps him down

Ragnaros, the damage can get high as the fight goes on so be careful, I personally wouldn't bother with the sons of flame and would just diffuse magic thru it. I'm not sure if you get meteors if you're solo so I can't help you there, if you do, just try to chi wave it as often as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Artaius View Post
    Shannox, I find it easier if you're an engineer, what I used to do when I first did it was start him at the bottom of the ramp to the entrance, then run up when he through the spear, and parachuted back down when he did it again. Resetting stacks every 1-2 spears is crucial, try to save CDs for soft enrage near the end.

Lord Rhyo, it's vital to hit the volcanoes that are active, as they will eventually rip you to shreds, and don't forget to kill the adds, fairly simple though, try not to use keg smash when you're trying to turn him

Alysrazor, probably easier to go WW for this, although if you don't have the dps, BrM can survive the tornado plus adds and go through multiple flying phases

Baleroc, make sure you have Elusive Brew up for Decimation Blade, this will end up being an RNG mechanic for the most part, as long as you dodge 1 you'll be fine, there's no crystals or tank buff/debuff

Bethilac, Just go up top at the start, don't bother jumping down until she goes down as the aoe won't kill you, it can get a little hectic if the fight doesn't bug out here, pun not intended. I've still finished the fight when all the adds heal her, but quite often they won't

I always 2 man the last couple on my pally for xmog, but the way I can see it going is:

Staghelm, he'll never be a scorpion, since it's just you, meaning he'll just stay in cat form and keep leaping to the point where he'll just be spam leaping, just kite him around the room (maybe you can stand in fire for vengeance?) and dps him down

Ragnaros, the damage can get high as the fight goes on so be careful, I personally wouldn't bother with the sons of flame and would just diffuse magic thru it. I'm not sure if you get meteors if you're solo so I can't help you there, if you do, just try to chi wave it as often as possible
    Shannox - No real issues with him. Do alysrazor first and then kill Shannox in that room.

Beth - To prevent a heal, do jump down for the AoE, and then immediately go back up.

Staghelm - You can sit in the pools for extra vengeance. Just slowly kite him around in an orderly fashion to ensure the 1st set of pools disappear. Not too hard, but could be a gear check.

I haven't done Rag yet, so Wan would be a good source for info.

Deleted
    Wondering how far you are with spine wannoob, doing it as MW seems to be possible, maybe, next tier since the dispells are pretty much crucial, but im having a hard time keeping up because of the add damage...I've actually had one try where i made it to the second plate but then died immediately after, the damage adds is just insane at the end. Only solution is to burst through the 9 stack add before more than 3 adds spawn, which is like a nightmare.

Edit: Spine hc ofc since no dispellable debuffs on norm. Also, do you have any idea what causes the tentacles to grip the tank? if theres any way to avoid it or get out of it? nimble brew doesnt seem to work, have yet to try the pvp trinket.

Deleted
    Heroic Maloriak DOWN !!! 12/13 T11 HC, I died with the boss on the enrage, in extremis, with 450k AP vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I haven't done Rag yet, so Wan would be a good source for info.
    Rag normal or Rag heroic?

When I did it :
    Ragna normal = 501 ilvl
    Ragna heroic = 525 ilvl

Rag normal strat :

Glyphs :

1) Guard
    2) Healing Spheres
    3) Zen meditation

Talents :

1-3
    2-1
    3-2
    4-3
    5-3
    6-2

P1's the most exigent phase. You must use the corners of the platform and the magma zone from Ragna, to manage fire traps intelligently. Use transcendance before the pull, that can save you if you fall in the lava because of the bumps while trying to place traps. Between 13 and 17 stacks, you must take distance in order to destack. However, Ragnaros atomize you if you're not close to him. Therefore you have 2 choices :
    1) Use Xuen that tanks the boss whereas you are destacking.
    2) Use Zen med + Diffuse magic to survive (you can wait 2 stacks before zen med, to gain time).
    Repeat this manip if necessary, but that's not, normally.
    You can use enginner cloak if a trap isn't at a good position.

Transition is pretty easy. 1fire elemental = 130k. Diffuse magic or Zen meditation if necessary. Keep Fortifying Brew for this phase.

P2's the easiest phase. Just destack between 13 and 17, like P1. The seed is ridiculous, the elementary from it too. Avoid engulfing flame... Well.

Second transition is most difficult. Here are some priorities :
    1) Sons of flame are ALWAYS the priority.
    2) Nitro boost + Zen Meditation (you should use a macro, that's the only one that I use).
    3) Keep the two big elementals (I don't bother with names ) to have more vengeance during P3. Shorter the P3 is , easier is the boss.

P3's the ultimate and the most unforgivable phase of the fight.
    First, you must have a clean room. Well, you did it (just imagine ), traps are not at dangerous positions. Alone, meteors are still presents. 3 choices to manage them while you're in a corner of the platform :
    1) Use CJK (only works while 1 or 2 meteors, that's better for Heroic)
    2) Use transcendance to avoid them.
    3) Use roll.
    More, you need to destack, like P1. That's not always easy with meteors. Do not wait for 13 stacks, 10 are enough.
    Persevere, you'll do it!
    60 wipes, for me.

Vid link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjztiXdShe8

Heroic Rag strat : (We considere that normal strat's OK)

Glyphs :

1) Guard
    2) Healing Spheres
    3) Zen meditation

Talents :

1-3
    2-1
    3-2
    4-3
    5-2 (Dampen Harm can save you if you are hited by a meteor, and you will)
    6-2

REQUIRES ENGINEERING

P1's more exigent than normal mode. Indeed, you can't use the magma zone from the boss to place your fire traps since this safe place dissapears in P4. You only have the corners. Use a reroll immadiately to reach the center or the room just after the second trap, there's only 1 sec.
    About the destacking, you have only Xuen = 1 destackage. For this reason, wait for 16 stacks.
    Then, you must pass the boss in transition before to die.

Transitions phases are unforgivable in Heroic Difficulty. You must use Fortifying Brew + Zen meditation, and destroy fire elementals with bad positions, if necessary.
    Eating fire elemental's explosions to gain AP vengeance's primordial

P2's the coolest phase of the fight. Maybe easier than normal mode since you can always destack at 7 stacks if you're taking distance for the World in Flames.
    Not dangerous ability, except World in Flames. Wait World in Flame at 40% to ''pick off'' life from the boss and have maybe less meteors during P3 and P4.

Second transition is pretty terrible. Like first transition, you must use FB and slain all fire elementals with bad positions to have only a pack of fire elementals. Wait that it approches Sulfuras and make a roll + macro Nitro boost + Zen med in order to kite the scions while fire elementals are exploding.

P3's like normal mode with one little that makes all the fight a NIGHTMARE.
    Meteors are increased their speed with time. This only stupid thing makes roll useless. Thus, you must use CJK, even if, you'll die with more than 2 meteors = dps race. Tips : you can jump into the lava and use transcendance, that resets meteors speed (omg I found so far ) !

Transition P3 > P4. Take distance, you must survive 10 secs while your Cenarius friends are wondering if they must (or not) freeze the meteors. Usually died here

P4's the real coolest phase WHEN AND ONLY WHEN you have killed all the meteors. First, you'll have 2 or 3 (all depends your dps capacity) bullets of death. Use Dampen Harm + FB. First, slow meteors with CJK, then, go quickly into one of the first lava trap in order to fly. At the highest point, use Goblin Glider to kite meteors.
    Now you must, during the 15 seconds in the airs, find the blue area and go into it ! Meteors will follow you and be freezing. Destroy one, and just one of them per area. Take the bubble of water to be immunate from Ragna stacks and fire. You killed all the meteors? The enrage is your last worry. Beware with stacks. Don't go beyond 15, you just have to kite the boss during 3-4 secs after entraping roots, do not forget .

This one, is the hardest boss I ever done, equivalent to Spine of Deathwing.
    138 wipes. Only attempts to reach P3 at 20%, 100 attempts to reach P4 (95 attempts for 10%), and 138 attempts with only 3 on P4 to slain it.

Vid link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsZmB0hqgCc

I hope this little guide helps you.

- - - Updated - - -

Wondering how far you are with spine wannoob, doing it as MW seems to be possible, maybe, next tier since the dispells are pretty much crucial, but im having a hard time keeping up because of the add damage...I've actually had one try where i made it to the second plate but then died immediately after, the damage adds is just insane at the end. Only solution is to burst through the 9 stack add before more than 3 adds spawn, which is like a nightmare.

Edit: Spine hc ofc since no dispellable debuffs on norm. Also, do you have any idea what causes the tentacles to grip the tank? if theres any way to avoid it or get out of it? nimble brew doesnt seem to work, have yet to try the pvp trinket.
    Spine normal slain with 509 ilvl a few months ago.

I didn't killed the first tendon yet on Spine H.
    Tendon has 7M PV. Debuff ticks for 875k. I must do 3 passages if I want to destroy a tendon. (-5% total life debuff when an amalgam explodes) That's not for nothing that I call this boss ''The Hell''.

Apparently, tendon doesn't grip you if you have the debuff (healing debuff yep), and if they stack it less than 4 times on you.
    I choosed to kill each tendon before 30secs timer grip. That's insane for the survivability, but that's the best way to slain this boss without this terrible RNG.
    Be strong, 163 wipes on normal difficulty. I'll upload a vid when I'll be able to kill the first tendon on heroic.

Deleted
    Baaah, engineering....gonna be a pain to get, wondering if theres a way around it for raggy.

As for Spine, Im at my wits end, i mean from what i understand and what you wrote, as long as the same corruption doesnt stack it 4 times on me, it wont grip me, which means i have a window of 4 debuffs to get the damn add down before a new one spawns since ill have to kil lthe corruption. Either I need to man up my BrM skills or wait till next patch and get int dps trinkets to make the dps timer since atm, its an insane requirement. Atleast I dont have to deal with the 875k dot, thank fuck for that. I was able btw, to make the tendon in 2 goes, but had to pot on the second, wait for xuen, chi brew, make sure i had the beneficial debuff on me, along with all other defensives....Its a nightmare, i understand extreme soloing, but doing this atleast 5 more times to kill the damn boss, with more adds every time, just doesnt seem possible atm. And its not like im undergeared, got like 549 ilvl as MW.

As for BrW, i dont really even understand how you plan to do it, as far as i could see, the 875k debuff was up about every 20-25 secs, and guard is 30 secs, so even if you diffuse the first debuff, third one will probably getcha. but gl man, looking forward.

Deleted
    In fact the first tendon is pretty easy. The fight becomes really difficult while you're attacking the second tendon since you have more bloods = more amalgams stacked = insane damages. The last is just... awful.
    About the grip, you must have at less 1 debuff, but not reach 4. That's annoying, and that's the reason why I don't practice this way.
    I'll make a vid when I'll kill the first tendon in Heroic.