Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Soloed h LK 25man, no mount. :[

As BrM in full DPS gear. RoRO balanced stats but I didn't use a RoRO instead using Renataki's for hard expertise cap. Agi food and flask and it died exactly on enrage.

That felt like a 16 minute Brawler's guild fight and was really fun ^^

Shoutout out to Daught for having a vid on YouTube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Another LK 25 hc solo, this time as windwalker! After weeks of farming for mount it got boring doing as BM every week so this time i wanted to switch it up.
    I must say i was really disappointed by the difficulty, even if my gearlevel is quite high(542). Killed him on my 3rd try, tho first try was 20% where i messed up really bad so should have been a 1shot.
    Not sure if i will upload to youtube, but i made a highlight of the kill on my twitch (/maebybabe).

For anyone else who wants a go as WW, glyph fists of fury, retreat and unglyph blackout kick so it always heals, BoK is the main source of healing.
    Spell prio will be abit different from normal, as you might not have the luxury of using rising sun kick on cooldown.
    - Keep RSK debuff applied
    - Keep tiger power up
    - BoK if less than 90% hp
    - Try saving chi wave for infest to top yourself
    - Save FoF for Soul Reaper

As you see in the start i use glyph of retreat to force aggro to xuen, this makes me get the disease so i dont even have to worry about the adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just went through and soloed icc normal, first time soloing anything other than 5 mans on my dk. Any tips for heroic?

Here's my armory if anyone has suggestions on talents/gear/glyphs.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dorje/advanced

Thanks.

how did you solo airship? I was struggeling on that one

A 390 brm monk can live through 12 minutes of the Ley Guardian Eregos fight in The Oculus heroic. I found this out... Unintentionally of course.

SO MANY WHELPS!
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

Quote Originally Posted by Waruck View Post
    how did you solo airship? I was struggeling on that one
    ALWAYS clear the adds on your ship, as the marine's firebombs do the real damage.

So basically: Get on gun > Purge @ 90% heat, repeat til either Adds on your ship or Mage freezes cannons > kill Mage/Adds > get back on gun and repeat.

Deleted
    Today, I propose a first look on Heroic Spine of Deathwing (aka the hell) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIFbL2I_28U

Two passages on the first tendon. I'll not give up.

Deleted
    Managed to solo my way up to Ultraxion 10 normal, the incoming dmg is insane. Managed to get 3 mins in and he was on about 40% hp.
    Anyone have any tips?
    BrM (os) 529ilvl
    WW (ms) 536 ilvl

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Today, I propose a first look on Heroic Spine of Deathwing (aka the hell) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIFbL2I_28U

Two passages on the first tendon. I'll not give up.
    I admire your fortitude. I tried normal Spine on my DK, but quickly gave up after ~14 fruitless RNG wipes.

Anyway, why is this boss so hard? Isn't it just a case of having very good luck/RNG?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sostratus View Post
    Managed to solo my way up to Ultraxion 10 normal, the incoming dmg is insane. Managed to get 3 mins in and he was on about 40% hp.
    Anyone have any tips?
    BrM (os) 529ilvl
    WW (ms) 536 ilvl
    Doable in BrM spec only (actually).
    Everything's in the CD timing.

Glyphs :
    Guard
    Healing Spheres
    Fortifying Brew

Important Talents :
    Chi Burst
    Diffuse Magic
    Xuen

Never move in order to generate two packs of healing spheres that you'll use later

Timing :
    5:10 remaining before berserk (50 secs of fight thus), first hour of twilight, use your Fortifying Brew.
    3:40 remaining before berserk, use Fortifying Brew.
    3:30 remaining before berserk, use Diffuse Magic.
    2:10 before berserk, use Fortifying Brew.
    2:00 before berserk, use Diffuse Magic.
    Between 1:30 and 1:00 before berserk, walk on a pack of healing spheres (right or left, chose).
    For the last min before berserk, until the 7th hour of twilight, you must use the bouton a lot. More, use your second pack of healing spheres.
    Just after the seventh hour of twilight, use first Fortifying Brew and then Diffuse Magic in order to survive to the incredible damages and finish the boss. The five secs of enrage's incantation can help you a lot.

Ultraxion is a survival check. I did it with 509 ilvl while I had enough dps.

Sostratus,

Heroic mode makes all your movements and all your CDs timed at the second, since with all new amalgam appears a magical debuff which inflicts 875k. More the tendon has now 7M hp instead of 1M8.
    More, damaged and health are increased by 60%, about, and the healing debuff absorbs 182k heal.
    Finally, you lose 5% of your total life (stackable) by amalgam killed.

The magical debuff makes 80% of my wipes.

151 wipes, I'm so close to kill the first tendon !

Deleted
    Ty war. Im sure I can put that info to good use <3

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic mode makes all your movements and all your CDs timed at the second, since with all new amalgam appears a magical debuff which inflicts 875k. More the tendon has now 7M hp instead of 1M8.
    More, damaged and health are increased by 60%, about, and the healing debuff absorbs 182k heal.
    Finally, you lose 5% of your total life (stackable) by amalgam killed.

The magical debuff makes 80% of my wipes.

151 wipes, I'm so close to kill the first tendon !
    Do you think you'll actually be able to kill all 3 tendons with ilevel 560-570 gear next tier? It seems to be pretty rough with your 540

Deleted
    I should... No, I will

snip
    Sheesh that looks rough. Haven't tried out Monk soloing yet as I already have decently geared DK and Guardian while working on a Prot Warrior. Only downed Ultra and Madness solo on the DK so far but I'm sure my Druid could do it with some practice.

But yeah, surviving past 4 minutes on Ultra is incredible; my DK at similar ilvl would have gone splat even with the overpoweredness of Anti-Magic Shell.

Maybe I'm blind (which is a possibility) but I failed to find strategy for lk 25 hc solo. Could any of you soloing that give me some insight?

I plan to semi-duo it. With ele shammy helping in p1 and dying (obviously) in second phase as I doubt I'd be able to nuke down valkyrie.

Use healing spheres and spinning crane kick to proc GotO orbs liberally during tough infests. SCK is good to kill orbs during the transitions safely and reliably (you can cast it while silenced). There's not much to it other than handling infests. You should sit in defile for vengeance and DPS LK through transitions. There are a few videos on it, I know at least Daught/Maebe have uploaded kills.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Deleted
    LK 25 HC principal dangers :
    * Infest = no enough health
    * Shadowtraps
    * Silent from Spirits
    * Frostball during transition = KS or SCK.
    With an assist, the main worry, thus the dps check, just dissapears. Even with your equipment that should be easy to solo it.

Otherwise you can find a lot of tips in order to squeeze dps like :
    * Stay close to LK during transition phase and just destroy the spheres.
    * Increase vengeance on the infest with Diffuse Magic + 3 Healing Spheres anticipated.
    * Use Xuen at the best moments.
    * Take a Necrotic plague with 30 stacks on you and just survive with Zen Med + Diffuse Magic (pretty tough )
    * Keep all the adds in your back.
    * Stay in the defiles.

Thanks for the tips. Especially the ones about frostballs. I thought I'll need to use lightning because of the knockback issue. I didn't realise that you can use ks/sck to destroy them.

Thanks a lot

anyone have tips on soloing yogg? i managed to get all the other bosses without much of a hitch on 10 man, and most on 25 man

Deleted
    Yogg 10 or Yogg 25, to be more specific? There's a huge difference.

Anyway Yogg's one of the most difficult encounter of the game since it doesn't forgive. Try to destroy the brain in 1 or 2 phases, but no more. Use Detox on the black plague, and kill little tentacles with SCK. Plus, little tentacles can't spawn if you are on a big tentacle.
    There's a lot of things, thus what's the difficulty?