Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yea, I'm 2 minds about it really, but partly because I also solo on Pure DPS classes.

I kind of don't like "Vengeance Cheesing" to solo old encounters. It's nice as a DPS boost sure, but avoiding cleaving adds, chaining trash mobs or standing in the fire to do "moar DPS" has never sat right with me. I know, I'm weird. I of course, used it to my advantage, but it's kind of like the toy I wish I was never given, because then I wouldn't miss it when they take it away... kind of how I feel about flying mounts really.

So if there's anything I currently can solo, that I wont be able to in WOD, then I'll be a bit grumpy, but everything currently soloable, stays that way, but we just can't push much further, then I'll be ok with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    4 wipes, ok fuck it, gonna derp around and go ww and get instant gibbed,
    One shotted LK l0l..
    Yeah, tried it as BrM, but wasn't really able to do it since I usually don't play the spec.
    So for me, it's waaaaay easier as WW too. I feel like once you've got past Phase 1, where damage can spike a bit, it's quite a pushover - and unlike with tank specs, you don't have to worry about the enrage at all.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-02-15 at 10:44 AM.

So, question.

Naxx 25, been trying it.

Maexxna, hits me harder than I can heal, essp with the healing debuff
    Patchwerk, same
    Instructor, same

How do you people kill those?

WW -> ilevel 543

10+ Year Old Account
    Go BrM? I would think at ilvl 543 you could just roll cooldowns and burn them down before healing would get difficult.

I solo all of Naxx in about 25-30ish minutes, minus stupid KT, as BrM and I've never had a moments trouble.

How do I solo 25 icc dreamwalker? My monk doesn't have healing gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucemighty View Post
    as WW i dont think 25 man is possible, i managed it on 10 man but was OVERWHELMED like crazy when i hit 16minutes and there is to many of the adds that reduces healing on her.

http://i.imgur.com/zpkkTzr.jpg (look at chat for time)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Spec BrM, use the targeted Expulsion Glyph, remove all your gear then re-equip (to get your health below 30%) and Spam Expel harm on her. Haven't done it on 25 man, but that's how I do it on 10.

Does switching to my healer toon work? I mean invite someone just so my healer toon would get locked to 25 dreamwalker... or is it just better to get healing gears and mistweaver spec??

Does switching to my healer toon work? I mean invite someone just so my healer toon would get locked to 25 dreamwalker... or is it just better to get healing gears and mistweaver spec??
    why dont u just get a friend to help you if you gonna make it that troublesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

The healing balls explodes heals her without starting her, but it takes a while but if you really want to get past her.

Finally stopped being lazy and got ultraxion down as Windwalker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QWx8QjUQjY those 2x fading lights at start really annoy me :P

163 minutes 15 seconds - heroic faction champions 25. Don't EVER want to do it again.

Deleted
    Any tips for Ultraxion as BRM? I'm failing hard at it, my health drops too fast. Current ilvl is 533 with a mix of LFR and Timeless gear, no tanking gear or set bonuses. 4500 haste, 15% expertise and stacking crit.

I have no issues on a similarly geared Blood DK, especially with rotating cooldowns. As BRM do our cooldowns get reduced also, or did Blizzard neglect to update the fight?

Can one solo LK as MW? Or will they certainly hit the enrage timer? If that's the case how much of an ilvl does a WW monk need to solo it rather easily?

Oh, and does one still need to kill every single boss before LK to reach LK or not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Can one solo LK as MW? Or will they certainly hit the enrage timer? If that's the case how much of an ilvl does a WW monk need to solo it rather easily?

Oh, and does one still need to kill every single boss before LK to reach LK or not?
    Yes you need all bosses dead to get to LK unless you have Engineering in which case there is a way to skip Valithria with a goblin glider. Soloing as WW only needs 522+ I guess. Trying it as MW will probably hit enrage, I don't know what MW DPS is like. You need that spec to solo Valithria since healing her as WW is extremely difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    As a mistweaver Lk is extremely easy i havent had to worry about enrage since 540+ ilvl and now at 570+ its just a snooze fest trying to stay awake for the 10mins to kill him is the hardest part, just make sure u dont have raging spirits up after transitions silence is the only ability in the encounter u need to worry about as a MW ( ok havent tryed to stand in defile but why would u :P )

I know it's late, but soloed Firelands normal. Oneshotted everything, and killed ragna after wiping due to knockback into lava.

I don't know if this has already been done before, but I did Algalon 25 man as a WW, ilvl is 575 although no HWF weapons.

Deleted
    New day, new boss, done a long time ago by DKs, but when the strat consists in not only running around the boss for the eternity, the fight becomes quite insane.

I had serious doubts about the feasibility, and I had to push dps on the water of extremely high survival to squeeze enough dps.
    Even with this, even with using EH out of the range of the adds (or the adds take damages instead of the boss = lack of dps) or just regarding tons of priorities, each try, whatever the crits or procs, during 50 attempts, each good attempt (only 10% of these) reached the enrage, always.
    Now, I have 573 ilvl with a weapon 574, so it's obvious that monks closer from 580/581 will done this much easily, but still, what's a dps race if you don't have to push yourself beyond the limits ? Imo, it's the only way to progress, as far I know.

I wonder if monotarget dps of BrM monks should be increased ? Oh wait, the edge isn't enough deep, it's obvious !

Deleted
    Take it to the next level :

Also Yan-Zhu Challenge mode down (Stormstout Brewery). So this + the 3 last of Shado-Pan CM already soloed before, means that 3 Challenge Mode instances have been soloed by Monks (Niuzao, Brewery and Shado-Pan) !
    20/33, who's the next, who's the next ?!

This encounter took 16 minutes and 7 seconds, and is a mix between survival (CD rota) + dps race + kiting + anticipation healing + timing... all the stuff we love :3