Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Take it to the next level :

Also Yan-Zhu Challenge mode down (Stormstout Brewery). So this + the 3 last of Shado-Pan CM already soloed before, means that 3 Challenge Mode instances have been soloed by Monks (Niuzao, Brewery and Shado-Pan) !
    20/33, who's the next, who's the next ?!

This encounter took 16 minutes and 7 seconds, and is a mix between survival (CD rota) + dps race + kiting + anticipation healing + timing... all the stuff we love :3
    What gear do you use for the CM solos?

Deleted
    It's not really a matter of gear since the stats are extremely low (about 5000 crit, 1200 haste and 600 mastery for Yan-Zhu and Gu Cloudstrike so roughly 7k stat).
    Now, regardless the fact it's mostly about survival skill, I would say that the mastery is the worst stat for BrM soloing (in most of the cases). Crit is the best in terms of both damages and survival (crit does approximately 3 times more dps than haste), even if haste is sometimes more valuable than crit, particurlarly in high motion situations (like Liu Flameheart).

About the gear, I use my raidgear, which already respects the main stat priority :
    Hit + Exp (15%) > Crit > Haste > Mastery
    However, it sometimes happen to find a boss where stats aren't the same. Don't take it as a general truth.
    To resume :
    * Dps need = Hit + Exp > Crit > Haste (mastery useless)
    * Survival Need =
    - On physical damages : Hit + Exp > Crit > Haste and Mastery (these two stats are bound so it depends of how comfortable you are with the shuffle timer + destag)
    - On physical + magic damages : Hit + Exp > Crit and Haste (now, it's a question of numbers. Ex : on majordomo, at the moment when ilvl was around 500 for N, it was better to use haste) > Mastery
    - On pure magic damages : Haste > Crit > Hit + Exp > Mastery (Like Lei Shi or Garalon [soloing version])
    Now, there's no real numbers like 8456 crit, 7849 Haste and ... nope. Everything is a question of fluency depending on the player.

Hope the answer is relevant cuz you may ask about my gear which is... let's say a bit neglected. I'm not doing Harlan right now.

I've been doing Ulduar with 2-3 other people for a while now farming the mount, I've gotten the legendary having ran it so many times. I've since learned how to solo Thorim, who was otherwise a pain because of one person having to stay in the arena and another person go through the gauntlet. On the same run managed to solo Yogg-Saron 25 0 keepers. So from now on I can farm the mount all on my lonesome.

I'm looking to change my OS from Brew to Mist. I enjoy brew for being able to solo a lot of stuff for transmog and mounts that WW cant. can MW solo anything that WW can't?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Cant specifically think of anything mistweaver can do that windwalker cant except maybe dreamwalker in icc which takes 10 times as long as ww. But besides mop raids I think windwalker can solo pretty much all raids if you are geared. Maybe not bot (havent tried it personally but the first boss would be a pain id imagine)

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    Cant specifically think of anything mistweaver can do that windwalker cant except maybe dreamwalker in icc which takes 10 times as long as ww. But besides mop raids I think windwalker can solo pretty much all raids if you are geared. Maybe not bot (havent tried it personally but the first boss would be a pain id imagine)
    How well could a War(LFR gear) and MW(heroic gear) do at 2 manning icc25 man heroic?
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2014-05-01 at 10:48 AM.

There's a MW solo thread around here somewhere. I'm fairly certain several people claim to have soloed LK as MW, so I see no reason you couldn't duo it with a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    How well could a War(LFR gear) and MW(heroic gear) do at 2 manning icc25 man heroic?
    Should be able to crush it

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    There's a MW solo thread around here somewhere. I'm fairly certain several people claim to have soloed LK as MW, so I see no reason you couldn't duo it with a tank.
    Not a tank. An Arms War.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Not a tank. An Arms War.
    Should still work.

Deleted
    You should be able to blink at the stuff in ICC and it'll die

you will have trouble with gunship and bloodfang. I would recommend dropping to 10 man just for those fights.

Deleted
    Is there an issue with Monk cooldowns and Ultraxion? The only one that seems to be affected is Guard. Fortifying Brew & the lvl 75 talents don't appear to have their cooldown reduced.

My DK and Guardian Druid have no issues, but my BrM is struggling like hell to get past 10%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Is there an issue with Monk cooldowns and Ultraxion? The only one that seems to be affected is Guard. Fortifying Brew & the lvl 75 talents don't appear to have their cooldown reduced.

My DK and Guardian Druid have no issues, but my BrM is struggling like hell to get past 10%.
    Ultraxion is more difficult for Monk since Diffuse Magic/Dampen Harm aren't scaling with the buff - so their cooldowns aren't divided by 2 as for their efficiency.
    The strategy consists in using Glyph of Enduring Healing Sphere and create packs of healing spheres that will only be used at 4min+ to get heal - question of timing so.
    The 15% nerf makes this boss infeasible without 525+ ilvl.

I would recommand to use :
    1st Hour = FB
    2nd Hour = nothing
    3rd Hour = FB + DM
    4 = nothing
    5 = FB + DM
    Here, only two minutes are remaining before enrage. That's where we have to walk intelligently on the healing spheres.
    6 = cross the finger
    Then, everything for the end.

Anyone know if the Deathwing and Rag mounts are Heroic only? I kind of skipped that xpac and keep hearing different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    Anyone know if the Deathwing and Rag mounts are Heroic only? I kind of skipped that xpac and keep hearing different things.
    Rag mount isnt. Deathwing mount theres 1 normal mount and 1 heroic

Deleted

Number of attempts : 183
    Lenght : 20m41s
    Main aspect : Survival

Only 3 Challenge Boss are remaining : Raigonn, Harlan, and Whitemane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if it's possible for a Brm (or anyone really...) to solo Trial of the Champion Hc? I know most of it will be cake, but I keep getting knocked off my non-scaling mount and then chain-stunned to death by that first boss... It's REALLY irratating that I can solo basically everything except a 3 expac old heroic...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Anyone know if it's possible for a Brm (or anyone really...) to solo Trial of the Champion Hc? I know most of it will be cake, but I keep getting knocked off my non-scaling mount and then chain-stunned to death by that first boss... It's REALLY irratating that I can solo basically everything except a 3 expac old heroic...
    I was able to do it with a lot of wide looping and frequent use of the charge/shield breaker combo. Took a bit of working out though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    While it takes a while, as a WW you should be able to just SEF two clones on two of the three NPCs and kite -> RJW your way to victory.
    Without using one of the mounts that is.