How can you live with being homosexual?

Note: Don't take the thread title as what it sounds like, I just have no better way to word it.

But in all honesty, if you were gay, and couldn't help it, wouldn't you hate how cruel the world is? Examples being the fact that the word "gay" has ignorantly been turned into a derogatory term online, and common teenagers you might pass by may mutter something similar like "this is gay as fucking shit."

I won't go into further detail on how people have converged homosexuality into a insult or etc, but all I wanna know is if there are gay MMO C members, or intelligent people out there, how would you go about your life like this? Wouldn't it bother you?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Deleted
    I've been insulted in the street for being white in some places of my town.
    I'm insulted for being a nerd.
    I'm insulted for being over weight, for being tall.

Humanity blows. Gay people aren't the only people who are discriminated against.

I wouldn't take someone calling a situation "gay" literally. The meaning of words changes over time. That's language. Maybe not the best example, but 4chan has won awards for stripping away the derogatory meaning of the word fag. Lots of people I know throw around much harsher words than that as substitutes for things like "guy" or "kid". I don't see it as a big deal at all.

And this is all coming from a 6'5" guy who catches shit for having hair that hangs below his belt in public.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gay, but I suppose it would be difficult if you took every insult or offensive word you heard seriously. Im kind of fat and if someone says anything about a fat person, I don't get offended.
    Being an individual is awesome, embrace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Note: Don't take the thread title as what it sounds like, I just have no better way to word it.

But in all honesty, if you were gay, and couldn't help it, wouldn't you hate how cruel the world is? Examples being the fact that the word "gay" has ignorantly been turned into a derogatory term online, and common teenagers you might pass by may mutter something similar like "this is gay as fucking shit."

I won't go into further detail on how people have converged homosexuality into a insult or etc, but all I wanna know is if there are gay MMO C members, or intelligent people out there, how would you go about your life like this? Wouldn't it bother you?
    You know... you can always make use of your right NOT to be offended by something.
    Call me gay, I dont care. Not that I am, but I wouldnt be offended if somebody said I were.
    Call me an asshole, I wont be offended.
    Call me whatever you want... I wont be offended.

As long as you just call me names and you dont try to lie about things that concern me, I really couldnt care less.

I've never really understood why some people seem to care about what other human beings think of them.

So I wouldn't care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post

Eh? Same things could be also said about nerds, fat people, and god knows how many other "groups" of people.

Deleted
    It wouldnt bother me, ive been insulted for diffrent reasons all my life, its like water of a duck for me.
    I dont care what other people say/think about me, i live my life for me, not that other guy/girl talking crap.
    I have 2 gay friends and it dosnt matter at all too me, they are friendly and fun to hang out with so..
    And one of them is the only one i know that went to Harvard which i as a Swede think is totally awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Authary View Post
    I've never really understood why some people seem to care about what other human beings think of them.

So I wouldn't care.
    So you never ever care or cared when someone thinks or thought something nasty about you? i honestly doubt it

OT: I guess coming out to be gay isnt easy for people or dealing with the fact that they are gay at the beginning
    But you learn to live with it?

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    You know... you can always make use of your right NOT to be offended by something.
    Call me gay, I dont care. Not that I am, but I wouldnt be offended if somebody said I were.
    Call me an asshole, I wont be offended.
    Call me whatever you want... I wont be offended.
    I wouldnt be bothered if someone calls me gay either but i think when more people call you gay and really bully you with it i wonder if i'd still be pleased
    If i call a random girl a whore she'll probably be a bit offended but moves on, now if i told her whole street she was a whore and they would start saying it too
    that girl would be hurt!
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-10-10 at 11:48 AM.

It's alot more complex than you guys are thinking. If you were a fat guy, and went into a bar, no one would really bother you. However, if you were gay and you walked into a bar, it'd be troubling.

But I'm not good at wording this, so you guys might misunderstand.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

"if you're gay, and can't help it"

I think you should reflect on what you mean by this, and why you said it, and what it reveals about your attitude towards gay people. You obviously think it's a terrible burden being gay, but actually, thanks to the fact that people are more tolerant nowadays, it's probably more burdensome to be an ignorant, homophobic bigot.

Be proud of who you are. We live in a time where homosexuality is more accepted than ever, so this seems a bit of a strange question to be asking.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Easily, thats my answer. If they don't use the fact that a person is gay they'll just pick at something else. It's actually quite pitying that people feel the need to denegrate others to make themselves feel better.

As long as it doesn't affect my ability to get a job or my rights as an indiviual I coudn't give a flying fig what you have to say to about me.

Deleted
    Sexuality is listed in the site rules as one of the topics which should not be discussed on the forums. Please, refrain from making threads on the subject.