Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Look, either buy online or get over it. You're getting laid, and taking responsibility to ensure you have safe sex, which is good for you and respectful of your partner. What's to be ashamed of?

How about next time you look them in the eye and ask them if they're free tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    I think it really depends what "other items" you got...were they mayonaise and a plunger?

But why would you expect the cashier to judge you less than you're judging yourself? If you only need birth control, why mask it with other things?
    that would have been awesome, didn't even think of that

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 04:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ayonel View Post
    Look, either buy online or get over it. You're getting laid, and taking responsibility to ensure you have safe sex, which is good for you and respectful of your partner.

How about next time you look them in the eye and ask them if they're free tonight.
    great line! I'll remember this one.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel9696 View Post
    In highschool a friend of mine went to the checkout at walmart with some straws, a razorblade, and a mirror. He told everyone she looked at him real funny said "Be safe and next time to split the purchase through multiple checkouts because 'some people aren't as nice as her'"

Sometimes some judgement from a cashier isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    Pretty stupid on her part. Knowingly selling drug paraphernalia to a minor to snort coke is pretty illegal.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_night View Post
    A cashier should NOT be shaming you no matter what it is you're buying.
    Quote Originally Posted by D_K_night View Post
    Personally I just shrug off the "look" and carry on with my day.
    These two sentences contradict each other.

If you don't care, then why make this thread?
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    These two sentences contradict each other.

If you don't care, then why make this thread?
    to see what other people think and get opinions and possibly witty comebacks. Thanks for listening

It's not the TL forums thank goodness

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 04:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Pretty stupid on her part. Knowingly selling drug paraphernalia to a minor to snort coke is pretty illegal.
    well if you take each item on its own, nothing out of the ordinary. but then when you put everything together, then it looks suspicious. so IMO the cashier was "just saying".

if he had bought pop, cups, shaving cream, etc, than it'd totally just pass
    Last edited by D_K_night; 2012-10-07 at 04:31 AM.

As someone who works customer service at a grocery store, where we sell things like that...I really don't give a fuck and just want to get you out of the store with what you want and the money in return for what you want. If you come through my line with lube, condoms, a can of compressed air, a funnel, and some chai tea concentrate...I'll note it in my head but won't say anything I wouldn't say to the woman buying a couple cans of soup and the latest issue of Southern Lady.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

If it makes you feel better, I work in a video store and we have an adult room. So when I am ringing up some 70 year old fat guy with a video called "1 in the _ 1 in the _" or the like I just kind of smile on the inside and chat about and do my job. It's not my job to judge, I just want to make sales make the consumer happy and be on my merry minimum-wage way.

Also, I have old women calling about Magic Mike and if there's going to be a movie called "50 shades of grey" talk about yuck...

10+ Year Old Account
    I go through something slightly different at my job. I'm a donation attendant at goodwill, and you'd be surprised the crazy shit people donate.

The one that I've seen the most reaction to is when a woman brings me a bag of clothing, and say the bag rips/breaks and a pair of panties or a bra falls out...they look absolutely mortified lol. I really don't care personally, and I make no reaction either. I just pick it up and continue on with my job like nothing happened.

I've actually seen people quickly pull such items from their bags before giving them to me. What, you're afraid of me seeing your lingerie? Seriously? It's not like you're wearing the shit. And it's just underwear, woo hoo. But they come out of their car blushing and hand me the bag. I mean, I can take this two ways: Either they think I'm some sort of creeper (which I most certainly am not, nor do I think I look/act like one) or they think I'm cute and are embarrassed to hand me said items. I dunno.

The ones I DO respond to, are the people who try to sneak in sex toys and such. Who the fuck is going to buy a used vibrator? Why the fuck would you donate that to goodwill? I will seriously run the fucking car down and make a big deal out of it. Embarrasses the FUCK out of them, let me tell you. Do you fuckwits not believe in the garbage can? It's there for a reason!

When I go to the store to buy 'unmentionables', I make it as obvious as I can. That is usually ALL I'll get, I won't hide it. 99.9% of the time, nothing is said. But the cashiers where I shop know me lol, and sometimes they get bold enough to go that extra mile. Hilarity ensues. I usually have some witty, embarrassing comment to throw back at them, so they're beet red and chin on floor as I walk away lol. I don't give a fuck. They shouldn't sell the shit if cashiers can't deal with ringing it up.

I guess I'd get uncomfortable if I was younger and the cashier was a hot chick. But after what I've gone through in life, this sort of thing doesn't phase me at all lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Think about it from an observers perspective. You see a grown adult male with condoms, lube and alcohol purposely seeking out the youngest girl they can find to check out said items. That doesn't strike you as off?
    It is a bit sadistic yes, but it is fun...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Cashiers who only process your items are called self-checkout.

Also, I've never really seen any cashiers do anything of the sort. The 'worst' was a girl who said 'have a good time... err night' and who was embarrassed herself.

the only time it was shameful to buy condoms is when i was around 13-14 years old. I guess i dont blame them for giving me that look. I didnt realize how young i was back then lol.

There's no reason for anyone to be embarrassed. Protecting yourself and/or your partner is never a bad thing; I'd take a glare from a cashier over a baby or STD any day.

At least you're getting condoms and not birth control pills / morning after pill-- where the potential of getting more than a "shameful look" is probably higher.

I'd never worry about it. "Abstinence only" is not my thing, nor is putting myself at unnecessary risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go about my business, not thinking about how some random right wing cashier may judge me via my purchases, because frankly I couldn't care less.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    A a cashier, I've never done this.
    We don't sell birth control pills or things like that, you have to get them from the pharmacy but we sell condoms, lube and pregnancy tests. I just bag them like everything else.

EDIT: Though I'll admit I'm one of the people who doesn't like to buy said items from actual people. When I buy things like that I always go through the self service lane.
    Last edited by Anakso; 2012-10-07 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Shit like that is another reason why kids don't use birth control. I admit I was embarrassed to buy them when I was like in high school and it shouldn't be I view it as a sign of responsibility saying hey, at least I'm wrapping my shit so I don't have a kid I can't afford.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel this way when I buy pokemon games.

So much shame, but I'm addicted.

lol try to buy condoms everytime i do i ALWAYS get a look or some kind of reaction!!! or even better - buy condoms with your GF around!!! especially if you are young!

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I work in a video store and we have an adult room. So when I am ringing up some 70 year old fat guy with a video called "1 in the _ 1 in the _" or the like I just kind of smile on the inside and chat about and do my job. It's not my job to judge, I just want to make sales make the consumer happy and be on my merry minimum-wage way.

Also, I have old women calling about Magic Mike and if there's going to be a movie called "50 shades of grey" talk about yuck...
    Emma Watson is going to be naked in that 50 shades movie, so I wouldn't call it yuck.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think about it from an observers perspective. You see a grown adult male with condoms, lube and alcohol purposely seeking out the youngest girl they can find to check out said items. That doesn't strike you as off?
    What a silly thing to say, are we really so judgemental nowadays?

Anyway, I always enjoy buying condoms, it can be a pretty entertaining experience. Make a few jokes with the cashier etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Emma Watson is going to be naked in that 50 shades movie, so I wouldn't call it yuck.
    Fuck me, im there.
    Last edited by Xothic; 2012-10-07 at 06:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's the fact that I have 70 year old women who are dripping wet thinking about dungeon rape and bondage that is yuck. The fact that Emma Watson in it means nothing to me, she's not attractive to my tastes as weird as it sounds. Years ago maybe, but I've developed a different taste. I also dislike that stuff as it stands. Regardless of how "tame" it might end up being, it still grosses me out.