Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The only time I've ever felt a little bit ashamed or embarrassed with a purchase was several years ago when I bought Mean Girls (I don't care what anyone says though, that movie is hilarious.) I don't guess I see what the big deal is with getting condoms, though. Sex is so oversold today, I'm surprised anyone would even raise an eyebrow at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    She might have been looking that way because you were paying so close attention to her face and her reaction, rather than just paying for your stuff, and leaving. Honestly most adults don't care, and most people in that situation probably wouldn't be looking to make a deal out of unless you do.

Honestly most cashiers are probably worried more about the clock and the end of their shift than you.

My most awkward experience when buying condoms was when I was 12. I was in a public restroom and just curious what the machine was all about. I popped in some change and turned the crank and out came my prize lol. The awkward part is when I came out of the restroom and my grandma was standing right there.

The most memorable was when I was in Japan and I was trying to be discrete about it because of the culture then 3 girls about 23-30 queue behind me. I get to the counter and hear giggles. I turn and look and all 3 are smiling at me with this look I will remember for a life time.

The funniest was in Singapore at a 7/11 station. An elderly woman of about 65+ was at the counter and she stated talking about practicing safe sex to me. I was wearing my wedding ring and she noticed and said I should be having kids not preventing them if it is with my wife. I explained my wife and I are not ready for kids just yet, but she kept firm that any time is a good time for children. haha Sweet lady.

10+ Year Old Account
    When they give you that look ask them which isle chloroform is in.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    As a cashier, i can assure that this is the case. Nowhere in my job description am i obliged to scare people from purchasing products. But it's hard to do my job when the condoms, pregnancy tests and all that stuff is behind the counter. Then every now and again some customer tries to be subtle about it, giving me little choice but to point at the product or make vocal references to the product they are trying to purchase. Luckily these nervous wrecks stumble into the store 30 min before close time.

But on point, i don't judge you for buying condoms or pregnancy tests. It's something everybody does, everyone knows everyone does it, but certain individuals cannot cope with it. In fact, people should be judged harder by society for purchasing tobacco.
    My point exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Here in the UK people don't really give a shit if you're buying condoms etc.

I think it's mostly only going to be an issue in the U.S. where there seems to be a worrying amount of people that believe abortion is murder. Either way, even if that is their opinion, it's not professional to let their personal beliefs intrude into their professional environment.
    Wut?

I never felt like I was being judged for murder when I bought some condoms. I was just embarrassed, when I was younger. As I've aged, like I posted earlier, I'd just give the cashier a shrug and a look like "hey, I'm getting laid."

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Never had an issue with it personally.
    Maybe the 'look of shame' is reserved for young lads.
    Although really, I don't see what's shameful about it - taking sensible precautions is a good thing. I've purchased condoms on behalf of one of my younger brother's friends as he was too embarrassed to do it himself (just to be clear, they weren't for use with me :P ). Then attempted to drum it into his head that there was nothing to be embarrassed about.
    If some dried up old prude gives you a disapproving glare because you're buying birth control products, you can console yourself with the fact that she's probably secretly jealous.
    Last edited by Kerath; 2012-10-10 at 08:58 AM.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember when we were like 13 and wanted to buy condoms (not for the actual "intended" use, though) and I was the only one with the "balls" to buy them... Felt good man. Though the cashier did indeed give me a slightly weird look, even if I looked older than my actual age back then.

So hardcore.

What we actually did with them was.... We blew them full of air like balloons and threw em off a balcony in the middle of the city and watched people "freak out", lol.

Nowadays not very embarassed to buy stuff like that as it's perfectly normal to buy them.

Buy 1 large cucumber, XXL condoms and rubber gloves. Then look at the cashiers face.

Buy a pregancy test and a single coat hanger. Just for the cashier's look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

don't know if I ever get any looks cuz I never look at peoples faces

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Buy 1 large cucumber, XXL condoms and rubber gloves. Then look at the cashiers face.
    And a gallon of olive oil!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Buy a pack of magnums, a couple of instant cold packs, a large tub of vaseline, some aspirin, and any random food item.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

15+ Year Old Account
    when i was at uni, whenever i needed to buy condoms i always made sure i purchased a cucumber and some KY jelly at the same time then you take it to the cashier and keep the straightest face you can, followed by giggling like a school girl once you get outside the door xD

I think I'm considered a gayer by my local pharmacy, me and my best mate went in and bought lub together, not only did the cashier look at us like "ok so thats a gay couple" but half the que gave us "curious" looks rofl... I didn't think about it until my mate said "dude did you see their faces, they think we are homosexuals". Good fun.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...