Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    If you don't mind dark fantasy, the Wayfarer Redemption series by Sara Douglas is quite good. L.E. Modesitt's Recluce series is amazing, and up to I think 14 books now. he also has several other extremely well written fantasy series you'd probably enjoy. I'm sure I'll think of a few more in the morning.
    I would second the Wayfarer Redemption series, though I only enjoyed the first 3. Rhapsody series by Elizabeth Hayden is good too. I think there's at least 4 books in the series. While I am not sure they could be called "epic" fantasy, as I never really heard an actual definition of what an "epic fantasy" actually is. And no, listing off a series does not make a definition.

Other than those 2, you have already read the other ones I would have suggested.

Ordered The Black Company. Looks quite awesome. If anyone else has any suggestions not mentioned keep them coming. I'll be returning to this thread periodically.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever it gets completed, I'd say Brandon Sanderson's The Stormlight Archives series will be a good one to mention, but since only the first book has been published, it really isn't worth mentioning. I am not sure if it will have the same quality consistency that WoT had (sans a few books that were a bit weak in the entire series).

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Brandon Sandersons Mistborn stuff is very good and very epic, although his newer book "the Way of Kings" is the start of an epic ten book cycle.
    This. Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive is epic already, and it's only 1 book in. The world, the characters, the magic, the technology is extremely deep. Plus, it's over 1k pages in length plus a decent appendix. I read it two summers ago and have been impatiently waiting through his other projects for his next book to come out. It's easily one of my top three, potentially number one, books ever. I can't say it enough, you have to try this book if you're looking for epic fantasy!
    Last edited by Delanath; 2012-10-08 at 11:01 PM.

Pretty good suggestions already and little to add.

Although it's kind of overexposed at the time, you could read the complete horror related works of H.P. Lovecraft. It's pretty epic but few stories exeed 100 pages, but there are many and they are good. Just skip the Dream Cycle, I found those stories are of lesser quality. I know, it's not what you are looking for, as it lacks one definate story arc and presumely ~10k pages but on the offchance you haven't read anything I am posting it here.

Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, never read much fantasy, buddy at work was reading the first one(he has had the whole series for a while, first book was written in 1990) and he talked me into reading it, after the first one I was hooked. 7 books total in the series.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    This. Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive is epic already, and it's only 1 book in. The world, the characters, the magic, the technology is extremely deep. Plus, it's over 1k pages in length plus a decent appendix. I read it two summers ago and have been impatiently waiting through his other projects for his next book to come out. It's easily one of my top three, potentially number one, books ever. I can't say it enough, you have to try this book if you're looking for epic fantasy!
    Mistborn is pretty darn good though, I know some people like to complain about how he likes to kill off characters who aren't always bad guys, but out of the books he has written that I have read (I honestly couldn't get through Warbreaker, it was boring as hell), he doesn't do that sort of thing with any consistency that I have seen. I still need to read Alloy of Law, but the Mistborn trilogy is bar far one of the best trilogies out there.

A Trial of Blood and Steel series by Joel Shepherd. It is 4 books and complete. It has a lot of politics, philosophy and action. There isn't any magic but if you enjoyed A Song of Ice and Fire you will probably enjoy this.

Brandon Sanderson is awesome. Mistborn is a great series. Elantris is stand alone but extremely unique. Warbreaker is an amazing book and Way of Kings is mindblowing. The more he writes the better he gets.

My Girlfriend turned me on to Mercedes Lackey and Elizabeth Haydon(this is 3 books for the original series then another 3 that tie in), they both have really good series. Lackey has a crap load of books all set in the same world spanning thousands of years.

Deathgate cycle is still one of my favorite Fantasy series.

I'll echo exactly what Zao said about Memory, Sorrow, Thorn. It's been about 15 years since I read it but I have very fond memories. Otherland, also by Tad Williams is a great series although it's a mixture of sci-fi/fantasy.

I'm not really sure what you consider "aimed at teenagers" but I read the Belgariad and Mallorean by David Eddings at 16 and I still enjoy them now that I'm 32. His other series The Elenium and The Tamuli I suppose could be considered a little more adult.

L.E. Modesit's Magic of Recluse series was interesting to me at first but got a little repetative to me over the years.

Adding on the the Thomas Convenant I'd suggest A mirror of her dreams and A man rides through. Only two books in the series but they're long and "epic".

If you don't mind the language (meaning you will have to re-read parts to understand what's going on do to it being an interpretation from a greek epic poem) The Odyssey + The Illiad are great. They are both two epics (do not confuse them with novels) and each very long.

Any of the dragon lance ones from whatever age are good

Terry Pratchett (discworld is now 30 odd books)
    Neil Gaiman (his collaboration with Terry Pratchett "Good Omens" is awesome, and his other books are really good too)

been said before but dragonlance has many books and it's not just one big story but well...the black company by glen cook is also a very cool series and, you may hate me for this if you decide to start it, but the stormlight archive is probably gonna be an epic one..problem is sanderson only released the first book so far so the wait is gonna suck :P and even though it's not a long series, i can't but recommend the kingkiller chronicles cause rothfuss is awesome and they're my favourite books

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't been mentioned here but Adrian Tchaikovsky's Shadows of the Apt series is very well done, has 8 of the 10 books out right now with the next one scheduled for next year.

Deleted
    Not sure if you'd agree they are EPIC, even though I think they are, but have you considered James Barclay's 'The Raven' series? Also the Elves spin-off books.

James Barclay is a British author, so I wouldn't be surprised if you've not heard of them outside of Britain. Try a preview from Amazon

Otherwise, I agree with obdigore for the most part. Some really successful trash out there.