Hunter lvl 90 dps

i'm ilvl 453 and although I cannot post my armory due to posting restrictions... about how much dps should I be doing single target? I do have a 463 bow, but VERY bad trinkets.

I'm doing about 30-50k as survival depending on fights and about the same as MM to be honest.

You should be pushing about 30-45k DPS with MM. With Survival it's different as for what I don't know. I play MM basically exclusively.

Deleted
    Your dps with Survival(my fav spec) is going to be up and down, As it seems very proc based at the moment, single target when lucky with lock & load and alot of crits i can top tables. otherwise i lag behind, i suggest waiting for your raiding epics before getting worried as the hit/exp cat has probably hit your crit rating alot.

I just hear that people are able to do 75k and I've never seen ANYONE do that much in a heroic.

You're forgetting that some ppl also get a 15% damage buff from going on their own. Lets not forget that on fights like the first boss of the siege of niz temple, your burst will also be incredibly high since the fight shouldn't be lasting very long, which could up the DPS numbers on short encounters like those, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azyle17 View Post
    I just hear that people are able to do 75k and I've never seen ANYONE do that much in a heroic.
    There once was a story about a troll...

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    You're forgetting that some ppl also get a 15% damage buff from going on their own. Lets not forget that on fights like the first boss of the siege of niz temple, your burst will also be incredibly high since the fight shouldn't be lasting very long, which could up the DPS numbers on short encounters like those, too.

This is a good summary of what almost all people on the forums talk about when they talk about dps. I have done 130k dps on first boss in setting sun (nothing special on the fight and did not have the 15%) however it was a 20s so that dont really say anything about overall dps. I just killed the darkmoon rabbit and did 49k as SV while not playing 100% serious and think i lacked some buff but I have ilvl 472.

My dps was really bad as SV and BM before I got above ilvl 460 so just keep gearing and worry about dps when you have full 5 man gear tbh.

as BM I have around 120-140k burst and then stable 75k. Avg ilvl: 469

I can pull a good amount of dps in heroics and I'm not even geared, my buddy pulls 100k+ on certain pulls and has gone up to 175k before too and he has basically all heroic gear. It's all about rotation and knowing what you're doing.

You mean dungeon dps? I hold a consistant 100k dps on aoe pulls without cooldowns (done a 190k for lolz popping trinket/RF), single target about 55k.
    Ilvl 361

as BM hunter ilvl 462, i can pull 90k dps burst for around 30-40 seconds, then it starts to drop, and end up flat at 50-60k dps on boss fights. That is with lynx rush and barrage talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyle17 View Post
    Really, I am 472 ilvl, and On simple nuke bosses i am slighlty above 100k right now.

Btw is BM still best specc or has it changed by now ?