Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Prot warriors now outdps and out pvp Sub Rogues. It is bad!

Our damage is not good enough to even get past second wind or there cooldowns.

It is pitiful. Really.

Everyone's CDs 2-3x as short, and 2-3x as powerful.

Sorry to say, rogues are pitiful in the extreme.

Deleted
    Been there... Couldn't out dps second wind... Died inside...

Rogues are about control, not ganking mindlessly.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Deleted
    When Rogues are in a less than optimal shape with regards to damage, you either have to do 3s with a control team like RMP or when you're in BGs stay with someone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    But only because the playerbase couldn't handle a rogue as they are in all other RPG type games. i.e. jumps out of shadows, kills someone fast and then either gets away fast or dies fast.

Nowhere in fiction or other RPG style stuff do you get a stealthy assassin type who leaps out of the shadows and expertly controls his target for 2 or 3 minutes while not hurting them very much. Low damage rogues are conceptually like a sniper who delivers flowers by rifle.

In the truest sense of the words thats a rogue.. blow you up quick and gtfo.. we are not mages that will fuck with you kiting you here or there.. or a warrior who will straight up raw dog you in a stand up fight.. we are meant to be sneaky and stealthy and blow shit up.. thats the point of being a assassin... a assassin doesn't sit there fighting his target for 5 mins while guards rush to help the victem.. despite how hollywood might depict it.. we kill and get out or die.. thats it... the reality is this all is backlash from the tidal waves off QQ from all the other classes over how its not fair that rogues can stunlock them to death that has been present since vanillia itself.. Blizz tried to change us to accomadate the other classes sense of fair play and ultimately this lead to them breaking the damn class... on top of this all other classes take great pleasure in our frustration and thus make it that much more of a bitter pill to swallow. if blizz retroactivly put us back the way we were in vanillia or TBc the outcry would be so horrendous that the tears alone would wash blizz hq completely off the face of the earth... and thus the reason rogues will never be fixed how "we" see the class but only how blizz can make us that doesn't put the other classes up in arms..

Deleted
    Low damage rogues are conceptually like a sniper who delivers flowers by rifle.
    Love it ;P

Rogues should be Melee mages in the sense they're glass cannons.

When they put CS and KS on the same dr - the was the beginning of the end imo, it wasn't major, but it was a inidication of things to come. Rogues in WoW are know something entirely different. They're pretty much the guy that holds someone down in a fight when someone else beats him.

People cry when Rogues beat them - because they had all their cooldowns, catch a Rogue with their pants down, they're fucked. Cata and MoP they made it so much easier to catch
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Your crying that as a melee you cant kill a melee tank? Really? Thats what your crying about?

Second Wind is really really OP on prot because they take so little damage and have such high health pools.

But its not like he can actually kill you. If he did you fail at rogue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Your crying that as a melee you cant kill a melee tank? Really? Thats what your crying about?

Second Wind is really really OP on prot because they take so little damage and have such high health pools.

But its not like he can actually kill you. If he did you fail at rogue.
    It's actually pretty easy for him to kill you. His auto attacks are enough to out-dps your Recuperate, and our poor energy regeneration forces us to either choose between damage and sustain. You can go for damage, and die while trying to kill him. Or you can go for sustain, and it'll take you slightly longer to die. Alternatively, you can use your stuns, vanish, etc... To get away complete, which in my book counts as a loss.

Either way, you won't ever win against him. By surviving and by out-sustaining you, he will have the exchange.

Deleted
    Oh.. Rogues tears, how I love them.
    Now i just need the mages, and the warriors once again.

Mod Edit: User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by Kelticfox; 2012-10-08 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1v1 doesn't matter.

Nobody can kill a blood dk 1v1 either.
    Bane

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    Nobody can kill a blood dk 1v1 either.
    arms warrior can

they can burst them down then stun/disarm and right now, full pvp gear vs full pvp gear, the dk is dead

Oh lovely, This is turning into 1v1 battle. That's not the point. The point is rogue dmg is horrible in pvp. And I'm not pvping or even trying to pvp this season due to it(inb4 shut up 2k hero)

Deleted
    People say 1v1 does not matter when in fact it does.

As you all know when in 3s there will come a time when you end up being 2v2 and then 1v1.

Lets say your rmp vs hunt shaman war.

You kill their shaman, they kill your mage (it could happen)

You get the hunter in a good spot, no cds, no healer.. you got for the hunter as hes low... you get the kill and make it back to the war but he kills your priest.

Are you just meant to leave?

This was just a random set up but 1v1 can happen, when it does why should we be out of luck when going against a warrior? was the point allll this was trying to make

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Low damage rogues are conceptually like a sniper who delivers flowers by rifle.
    Well they did add farmville to wow, go to your garden Rogues
    joke aside - I prefer vanilla wow rogues were they kill 1v1 but they die if someone get them out of stealth... Rogues should be all about assassin targets
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    People say 1v1 does not matter when in fact it does.

As you all know when in 3s there will come a time when you end up being 2v2 and then 1v1.

Lets say your rmp vs hunt shaman war.

You kill their shaman, they kill your mage (it could happen)

You get the hunter in a good spot, no cds, no healer.. you got for the hunter as hes low... you get the kill and make it back to the war but he kills your priest.

Are you just meant to leave?

This was just a random set up but 1v1 can happen, when it does why should we be out of luck when going against a warrior? was the point allll this was trying to make
    For ages warriors where saying the same thing...I cant solo shit 1v1. The reply always was... L2P its not balanced around 1v1. Sucks to be on the side that cant solo stuff aint it?

Fact is its unlikely you will ever see a prot warrior in arena. If you do thats some wierd combo. And an Arms warrior YOU CAN BEAT 1v1. Its burst cycles are one big one every 3 minutes and one very painfull one every 5 minutes. Second wind heals up to 35%. You can always vanish and reset full. Thats the difference.

Anyways, I can smell the warrior nerfs coming from a million miles. The rogue/mage QQ will flow until blizz will set things back to its "right" place, with warriors being the dummy you beat up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    I love controlling people when my Blind gets dodged. I love rooting someone when my Shiv get's dodged or parried. I love controlling someone running away from me, yet they can either heal themselves or kill me before I catch up to them. Yea Rogues are about control. Control the team as a distraction for you to right click and get free stuff from. It's okay though guys because Rogues are about control and that's all that matters.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I did kill a lvl 90 blood DK. He was on the horde city (cant remember the name, something about 2 moons or some shit like), he has just ressed so I opened with Cheap Shot, Rvs, a few hits, kidney, vanish, garrote, and disarm after garrote. He was in like 70% and there was other guy hitting him.

Hey, at least I killed a blood dk

On a side note, I feel like second wind is a bit broken. I just can outdps second wind alone, not even having a chance if the warrior is at least hitting his keyboard with his face.

And for the guy who said that Second Wind only heals up to 35%, you can use the AoE LAst stand (cant get the name) and the HP banner.
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c: