10+ Year Old Account

Feng the Accursed Help 10m

Was raiding tonight and on his Phase 2, every time he drew flame it was 20 or more stacks. Nobody was hitting extra flames even during the draw flame phase. We had some attempts where it was only 16-20 stacks so we managed to get to Phase 3, however most were 24 or higher stacks with no explanation. We had a hunter with a pet that may have gotten hit during draw flame, but we couldn't confirm it. Has anybody else had this issue or know what we may be doing wrong?
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Put the null barrier in the path of the flame when he draws it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpiredmilk View Post
    Put the null barrier in the path of the flame when he draws it.
    We are but you can still only do that every other time.

Deleted
    You can't heal through the stacks? have your raid chain-use defensive cooldowns (devotion aura, healing tide, rallying cry, banner, divine hymn, tranquility, etc.) and heal through it, when you don't have the barrier up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozak View Post
    You can't heal through the stacks? have your raid chain-use defensive cooldowns (devotion aura, healing tide, rallying cry, banner, divine hymn, tranquility, etc.) and heal through it, when you don't have the barrier up.
    Our healers are doing it, as I said we are getting to Phase 3. But it is a lot to heal through and after a point it just burns their mana out.

Deleted
    Providing logs would be helpfull

Deleted
    I don't know then. Our healers managed it just fine. Wiped once in flame phase then we easily got past it. I know telling people to get better is a bit weird but that's basicly what seems to be your problem.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually had the same problem tonight when we tried it. Unless I'm misreading, Feng should only be taking 5 stacks when he does drawing flame assuming no players are spreading the fire but somehow we were getting him with around 20 stacks per draw (excluding the ones with nullify barrier). Is that intended?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderWolf View Post
    Actually had the same problem tonight when we tried it. Unless I'm misreading, Feng should only be taking 5 stacks when he does drawing flame assuming no players are spreading the fire but somehow we were getting him with around 20 stacks per draw (excluding the ones with nullify barrier). Is that intended?
    That is what I read as well, which is my confusion. I can understand 6-12 stacks, but 24 seems excessive. We did get one draw where he only had 6. I just do not understand why that is happening.

Make sure the tank has Barrier up for first Draw. Use Barrier on that one, won't be ready for 2nd Draw. Heal through whatever stacks the boss got (use cooldowns as necessary) and barrier the third. If the boss casts 4th Draw Flame, find better DPS. If the healers can't heal through 2nd Draw, get better healers.

We had that as well but we still killed it. Like already mentioned, use nullification barrier on the first draw flame and every cd after. For the ones you can't prevent, you just need to have ranged and healers stack to heal through it. We reached 24 stacks at one point but he only had 1-5 stacks left in P3. Just need to use raid cd's and individual defensive cd's to heal through it.

Flame is getting stacks when it hits pets. Pull them off. Also make sure your melee are at max range.

Killed it tonight and he never got more than 15 stacks. We even went through 4 total Draw Flames.

Farabee beat me to it. After having problems with every Draw Flames being 20+ (the ones where Barriers weren't up), I went through the logs and found out that our pets were getting hit by the fires pretty hard, as he drew them in. Had both hunters put their pets on follow whenever he was drawing flames. Killed him not a couple attempts after that.

If sitting through all of his stacks in one sitting is killing you, have the OT taunt him across the platform for the rest of the stacks. Those few seconds usually are enough to let the healers catch up on healing and get through the remaining charges. Repeat as needed.