Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    there is no way one could just hack things like this, unless the game security is complete joke.
    I wouldn't be so sure. Best kind of game security simply requires best kind of hacking skills. It could be anyone from Annonymus to Marianas Web dwellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. Best kind of game security simply requires best kind of hacking skills. It could be anyone from Annonymus to Marianas Web dwellers.
    Again, it was the creator of WoW+, a wow hacking tool.

Video of a level 1 flying around, instant killing everyone in stormwind

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    It could also be a group hired by blizzard to attack their system, finding flaws etc - paying them to find the flaws. It's not uncommon. (Tinfoilhat on)

Deleted
    why the hell am I never online to see this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by PolarVargen View Post
    It could also be a group hired by blizzard to attack their system, finding flaws etc - paying them to find the flaws. It's not uncommon. (Tinfoilhat on)
    I'm pretty sure that in that case, the "hackers" would spend their time writing reports, not trolling...

Ninjas. Ninjas EVERYWHERE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius7x View Post
    Reminds me of Hakkar's disease spread back in vanilla.
    That was awesome. Did you know back then that scientists used that incident in vanilla to study how an epidemic would spread in the real world since it was all based on human reaction patterns and thus was similar to a real epidemic? How cool is that?

Just an update: the owner of WoW+ at ownedcore.com denies involvement

Quote Originally Posted by Jadd
    Nope. Not us. Must be a rogue GM or Jesus himself.
    [link removed]

Also, is this still happening? Is it happening only on Twisting Nether EU, or other servers? If on other servers, is it happening on US realms as well?

My guess is a GM gone rogue.

EDIT: Apparently it is happening on multiple servers, although Twisting Nether was the most severe. There were also apparently several level 1 trials that were seemingly hacking.

Jadd, the owner of the WoW + hacks also posted this on ownedcore:

Quote Originally Posted by Jadd
    Just asked around. Someone found a way to get into the gm control shit. Hacker hits Stormwind - Tichondrius - YouTube is a little video of this actually happening.
    Hey it's me! I'm famous! And no, this isn't GM control. It's just another server mechanic exploit.
    EDIT2: I have seen some forum posts on the European general forums saying that this is happening on US servers as well, although no one is mentioning which ones.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2012-10-07 at 07:42 PM.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    EDIT2: I have seen some forum posts on the European general forums saying that this is happening on US servers as well, although no one is mentioning which ones.
    Some people in this very thread posted it was happening on their server (US).

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    US Proudemore - Stormwind not long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiddi View Post
    Happening on Aggramar-US. A alliance characters yells (jibberish obviously I'm Horde) then BAM everyone, NPCs, the works, dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Envisionist View Post
    Happening on US-Tichondrius. It's almost like someone is using a GM .kill command lol. Just got insta-dead from nothing, and nothing in my combat log.
    Just a few of the posts

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Some people in this very thread posted it was happening on their server (US).

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 06:46 PM ----------

Just a few of the posts
    Yep, looks like people are starting to notice on the US realms now

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794981417
    Stulti se laudant.

IMPORTANT:

Yes, it was WoW+. Jadd, the owner of the hack, just admitted:

So, it looks like it was a team of people doing it. Apparently, the credit for the hack goes to a user named "Cen01", who was also responsible for the mass server crashing hack 2 weeks ago.

And while the screenshots in the quote aren't really anything new, this certainly is:

http://i.epvpimg.com/Cjmlb.jpg

Yep, that is the main culprit right there, the name matches with what people were reporting on the forums, and what other screenshots were going. That was posted by a user named "Master674"

Cen01 also mysteriously made a post in a thread 4 hours ago (just before the hacking started):

Quote Originally Posted by Cen01
    Since this will be fixed soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoM_sOC7jMA

More videos later.
    So the exploit seen in that video DID have something to do with it, and this was all a planned event by a group of hackers from ownedcore, possibly headed by the same person who caused mass server crashing 2 weeks ago. Frankly, I think Blizzard really needs to crack down on this, and probably pursue legal action (particularly over the server crashing stuff).
    Last edited by Dragonwing; 2012-10-07 at 05:28 PM.
    Stulti se laudant.

Awwww I thought it was the return of "Martin Fury."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing this is why the realms are being restarted

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol well blizz did say they didn't want us just sitting around in the major cities.

Earlier today, I randomly dismounted in the air and died. Thought it was just a bug or something but /shrug.

Small update:

This was just Cencil, Jadd and Master647 messing around
    Soo, there are your 3 hackers.
    Stulti se laudant.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's kind of hilarious.
    I don't have an explanation.