Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Jadd's youtube account:

@Those who think it's private server: Many people just witnessed some intense nuking of Stormwind and Orgrimmar across a few servers and factions. I'll have a 30 minute video up tomorrow of me doing it.
    @Those who think I'm going to get banned: Not likely... but why should I care? $10 for a SoR account with free Cataclysm and level 80? $40 for Mists? I have nothing of value on this account anyway.
    He REALLY thinks he is unlikely to get banned? He must be out of his mind.

I guess a permaban on an expendable account is the worst he can receive. Cen01 on the other hand... Blizzard frankly should have pursued legal action after the server crash attacks last month.

It worries me that they are able to hack the game in such a serious matter. And the fact that t hey were able to go around doing this for around an hour? Surely Blizzard's first reaction would have been to ban them immediately. I sincerely hope that Blizzard cracks down on this behaviour before we see more instances of hacking madness.

EDIT:

We were mostly running Baradin hold (each boss dropped 600g). One of Master's friends got banned today so we figured it was going to be detected any time soon. This is the result
    So there was potentially a 4th person involved for some time...

If he got banned for this very hack, that means that not only were the hackers using the hack for quite some time BEFORE the city griefing, Blizzard noticed for at least one of them, then apparently allowed the others to run rampant for an hour. I just think Blizzard could have handled this a lot better.
    Last edited by Dragonwing; 2012-10-07 at 06:02 PM.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Hmm long server restart and this. Coincidence? I think not...

Wait so 4 people who play WoW hacked it by being able to insta kill people? I'm confused. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Wait so 4 people who play WoW hacked it by being able to insta kill people? I'm confused. lol.
    They have a hack which has the teleport/flyhack/speedhack stuff, and they somehow found a server mechanic which could be exploited by the program so that they could instakill both players and any npc. They were testing it out in instances, one of them got banned, so they went on a rampage in the major cities for about an hour on multiple servers.
    Stulti se laudant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    They have a hack which has the teleport/flyhack/speedhack stuff, and they somehow found a server mechanic which could be exploited by the program so that they could instakill both players and any npc. They were testing it out in instances, one of them got banned, so they went on a rampage in the major cities for about an hour on multiple servers.
    Some people will find that funny, but I don't. That's just beyond stupid. It would be awesome if they get more than a ban. Legal action. Wouldn't happen, but THAT would be funny.

I don't think it was funny because the direct result of their childish nonsense is what is now causing the servers to be inaccessible.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Some people will find that funny, but I don't. That's just beyond stupid. It would be awesome if they get more than a ban. Legal action. Wouldn't happen, but THAT would be funny.
    I don't know, if their antics end up costing Blizzard money, I wouldn't be surprised if legal action doesn't follow, especially since they're out there bragging about this when Blizzard can't afford bad PR. Maybe crashing servers at the end of an expansion cycle when barely anyone cared wasn't a big enough issue for Blizzard to pursue, but 2 weeks into a new one? I hope Blizzard takes a hard stance on this. It's their reputation on the line right now.

the only thing i found funny of all of this, was the guy in the video saying : GOD SPARE US ! lul

As funny as this is, I do hope all their accounts get perma-banned and that Blizzard decides to go after them. Stupids deserve it.

It's especially not funny when you consider that one of the hackers playing around just now was the very same one who released a program that was basically a DIY wow server crasher, which caused mass server downtime for up to a day. That is most definitely illegal, but it seems like NOTHING was done.

And the thing about this is, surely Blizzard could have seen the hackers and stopped them right away? The first priority should really be to STOP them from interrupting other people's play. They were doing this for at least an hour, across several realms.

Then let's consider how they were ABLE to do it. They are also able to teleport, speedhack, flyhack and probably noclip too. AND THIS IS A PUBLIC HACK, which they are selling for a subscription fee. Botting is one thing, but it seems like it is becoming increasingly easy to hack your way to GM ability and even bring down servers, and that is worrying to me.

So yeah, not funny in the slightest.
    Stulti se laudant.

Well this expansion we're meant to be out in the world so those dying in major cities had it coming.

Deleted
    The anarchist in me is smiling.

Yeah, this shit happened to Blackrock Horde as well, every player in Org just died. Like, alive, then dead. Its like a GM commanded everyone to die.

Sounds like an awesome bug tbh xD

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    It's especially not funny when you consider that one of the hackers playing around just now was the very same one who released a program that was basically a DIY wow server crasher, which caused mass server downtime for up to a day. That is most definitely illegal, but it seems like NOTHING was done.

And the thing about this is, surely Blizzard could have seen the hackers and stopped them right away? The first priority should really be to STOP them from interrupting other people's play. They were doing this for at least an hour, across several realms.

Then let's consider how they were ABLE to do it. They are also able to teleport, speedhack, flyhack and probably noclip too. AND THIS IS A PUBLIC HACK, which they are selling for a subscription fee. Botting is one thing, but it seems like it is becoming increasingly easy to hack your way to GM ability and even bring down servers, and that is worrying to me.

So yeah, not funny in the slightest.
    If they're allowing people to buy this program that they have created, Blizzard is going to be ticked off big time. Bragging about it is one thing, but selling it? I'm not sure if the show "world's dumbest criminals" is still on, but if it is, they would be on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh must be passing gas again.

If they're allowing people to buy this program that they have created, Blizzard is going to be ticked off big time. Bragging about it is one thing, but selling it? I'm not sure if the show "world's dumbest criminals" is still on, but if it is, they would be on it.
    Yeah. Cen01 also used a dropbox method to host the hack files for the crash hack, which makes him pretty easily traceable, yet nothing was done. Maybe Blizzard is waiting for the right time, or something?

Thing is, people at ownedcore have been doing this for years, although I don't recall any hacking incidents as serious as these (the worst I remember was gold sellers using flyhacks to make advertisements). It is wrong of the people doing this, but it is not like anyone is going to convince them to stop by giving them a stern talking to, so two things need to happen: Blizzard needs to ensure that such serious hacks CANNOT happen on live servers, firstly. They have a warden, but evidently it needs updating, because WoW+ proudly advertises its "anti-warden" functionality. And secondly, this point probably doesn't apply to today's incident but it most definitely applies to the crashing debacle 2 weeks ago; Blizzard needs to find the people responsible and pursue appropriate legal action.

The major issue is that it is just too easy for these people to use such devastating hacks, and to get away with it.
    Stulti se laudant.

10+ Year Old Account
    But But....many of you here posted months back that it was wrong of blizzard to go after a German company that was selling bot programs...among other things....either you want a clean game or you don't care about bots ..hacks.... make up your mind....so don't jump down blizzards throat when they do go after botter or company that makes them...even if they are overseas..which for blizzard to go after is already dang hard enough....just like that crap about swifty...the out cry that got him off his ban...he should of stayed banned for good...I don't care how good of gamer he is ...he screwed up realms and crashed them.....and yes it was his actions ...his video and live feed that got those folks to follow him like a pied piper....

10+ Year Old Account
    This is awesome, it's like something on the news

"massive reports of death and carnage in the cities of Orgrimmar and Stormwind! details after the break!"