Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

WoW is finaly dying

Deleted
    alliance has invented nukes!

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Sounds like the "boom" exploit I've heard so much about.
    almost spit out my drink laughing. thanks mate :3

Anyone heard anything from Blizz about this Hack ?

martin thunder strikes again!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    This is what happens when Blizzard constantly allows hackers to get away with this stuff and never takes any legal action over it.

Then again who knows, maybe they're hacking their own game for publicity.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 07:19 PM ----------

Edit: Unlisted youtube video.

Posted on owncore. Seems like it's the same people who hacked the game around a month ago or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLhOb4NjWEs
    what legal action are they gonna take? if they were smarter than the hackers they'd hire the hackers to take better preventative measures with this stuff.

IBM did exactly that in the 80s

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaaaaaaaaa, oooooh. Really loving this. They're genius, just genius.

As for 'legal action', I strongly doubt Blizzard will be able to take any. People who are capable of this most likely know their way around proxies. Or rather, they have to, or they might be in for some deep shit (I'm imagining that this isn't the worst these people have done in terms of hacking.)
    Last edited by Dassen; 2012-10-07 at 07:40 PM.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    what legal action are they gonna take? if they were smarter than the hackers they'd hire the hackers to take better preventative measures with this stuff.

That happens rarely. The guy who hacked Yahoo is in prison for life.

They need to track him down and have him arrested. Maybe they'd hire him, but either way they need to do something. They can't just let these guys hack their game whenever they want.

10+ Year Old Account

They need to track him down and have him arrested. Maybe they'd hire him, but either way they need to do something. They can't just let these guys hack their game whenever they want.
    I don't get why people are so butthurt over this. It's not like they actually broke anything. It's not like anyone lost anything but the time of a corpserun or two.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

They put them in jail. Forget about the legends with the hackers hired by those they got fucked by them. The vast majority of them went to prison.

The problem is that is very hard to prove things like this and a game company might not want to chase shit like this that will only cost them money. It's not that they can sue for damages and actually get them. Most likely the "hacker" is some zit filled virgin in some basement, a very sad person neglected by his parents

Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    I don't get why people are so butthurt over this. It's not like they actually broke anything. It's not like anyone lost anything but the time of a corpserun or two.
    I think it's hilarious, but Blizzard still needs to do something about it.

By the way, the servers being down for 2 hours now isn't exactly "a corpse run or two".

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/07/re...ertain-realms/

Complete with video.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was, in some way, tied to the "extended" down-time.

I think it's hilarious, but Blizzard still needs to do something about it.

By the way, the servers being down for 2 hours now isn't exactly "a corpse run or two".
    Servers aren't down, auth servers are fucked up. Maintenance was already going to happen before this.

Yup, everyone died on Tarren Mill EU earlier today. Blizzard hates us all for being in Org, they're forcing us to Panda City. /joke.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-10-07 at 07:50 PM.

Dunno if this was posted yet.. [link removed]
    Last edited by Rivin; 2012-10-07 at 07:51 PM.

every hacker in prison hacked for monetary gain. this has nothing to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Anyone heard anything from Blizz about this Hack ?
    Blizzard won't comment on things like this. In fact Blizzard probably won't even admit that it happened at all, despite the videos.

In many ways Blizzard is like the Federal Government. If something they don't like is happening they perform a "restart" and the issue, if they get what they want, just disappears. And they never once even mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    You are amazingly ignorant about how businesses function.

These actions have disrupted the game for a measurable amount of time. This costs money. There is also money being spent to recover whatever damage may have been done and, more importantly, to seek better ways to prevent this in the future.

I guarantee you Blizzard will go after the people who did this very hard, just as any company beholden to shareholders would do (regardless of industry) if their bread-and-butter service was attacked and disrupted.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    They put them in jail. Forget about the legends with the hackers hired by those they got fucked by them. The vast majority of them went to prison.

The problem is that is very hard to prove things like this and a game company might not want to chase shit like this that will only cost them money. It's not that they can sue for damages and actually get them. Most likely the "hacker" is some zit filled virgin in some basement, a very sad person neglected by his parents
    once again, there are no hackers who have ever served prison time who did it for fun, it was for monetary gain. when you grow up you'll realize that if there isn't money to be made or lost, people just don't give a shit