Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder to everyone that we do NOT support links to exploits or sites that support them here. Don't post links to videos of anyone doing this themselves or sites that show them doing it.

You shouldn't have pissed off Jaina Proudmoore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    every hacker in prison hacked for monetary gain. this has nothing to do with that.
    Theres also a huge different between clientside and serverside hacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    You are amazingly ignorant about how businesses function.

These actions have disrupted the game for a measurable amount of time. This costs money. There is also money being spent to recover whatever damage may have been done and, more importantly, to seek better ways to prevent this in the future.

I guarantee you Blizzard will go after the people who did this very hard, just as any company beholden to shareholders would do (regardless of industry) if their bread-and-butter service was attacked and disrupted.
    they don't lose money when the servers are down lol

they have people on staff who deal with this. if they COULD find someone to press charges against they would, so far of their 37 lawsuits the past 8 years, 1 has been against anything like this and that was glider....and they 100% lost

hell they have lost 28 of their lawsuits. blizz is VERY litigious but isn't very successful

Quote Originally Posted by Envisionist View Post
    Servers aren't down, auth servers are fucked up. Maintenance was already going to happen before this.
    We have two options here.

1. Either Blizzard extended the down-time to address this "hack." However since they don't want to address the hack directly, they created a vague story about "encountering issues."

2. Blizzard knows (they have to by now) about the "hack" but doesn't care and isn't addressing it at all. At least not yet.

Which do you think is happening?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roeliekt View Post
    Same on Ragnaros EU, people dieing out of nowhere and same with NPCs like garrosh, guild vendor etc.
    Suicide pact? better dead than sieged by Alliance on the last MoP patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    You are amazingly ignorant about how businesses function.

These actions have disrupted the game for a measurable amount of time. This costs money. There is also money being spent to recover whatever damage may have been done and, more importantly, to seek better ways to prevent this in the future.

I guarantee you Blizzard will go after the people who did this very hard, just as any company beholden to shareholders would do (regardless of industry) if their bread-and-butter service was attacked and disrupted.
    Ah, right. That's what people are whining about, that Blizzard took a hit. Your post has nothing to do with what I was questioning, which was people being butthurt over what happened, not which consequences this may have had for Blizzard. No, I'm not ignorant, I was merely talking about a whole different subject than you.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    Theres also a huge different between clientside and serverside hacking.
    what the hell has that got to do with anything, it's not really hacking in MMOs if it's client side lol. making it look like you're 1000ft tall but ONLY ON YOUR SCREEN is useless. you obviously have no clue what ownedcore is about or does, they have made TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS a year on their hacks, mostly dupes, and every time one is busted they have another waiting.

I wish I could log in to see this, this sounds fun as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Just a reminder to everyone that we do NOT support links to exploits or sites that support them here. Don't post links to videos of anyone doing this themselves or sites that show them doing it.
    It doesn't show him doing anything but running around selecting people and they die. No detailed or in-depth information is exposed, it's just verification that this is a hacker and not just a bug.

every hacker in prison hacked for monetary gain. this has nothing to do with that.
    I am not even about to try explaining anything to you. If this is really what you think, then, well. Eh.

once again, there are no hackers who have ever served prison time who did it for fun, it was for monetary gain. when you grow up you'll realize that if there isn't money to be made or lost, people just don't give a shit
    As if you know shit. There are at least 2 from my country extradited right now to US because they messed up with the NASA servers for fun. Stop living in the movies, if they do damage with their "fun" there is a risk they will get hunted down.

The Rogue Movement has begun!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    I think it's hilarious, but Blizzard still needs to do something about it.

By the way, the servers being down for 2 hours now isn't exactly "a corpse run or two".
    If they don't crack down on this hard and fast, it will become commonplace to use this hack.

That's how MMOwned works.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    As if you know shit. There are at least 2 from my country extradited right now to US because they messed up with the NASA servers for fun. Stop living in the movies, if they do damage with their "fun" there is a risk they will get hunted down.
    Implying screwing up NASA's servers didnt cost them a buttload of money to repair the damage and fix the security vulnerabilities?

Someone posted a video on youtube the title is hacker hits stormwind

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Don't post links to videos of anyone doing this...
    Why? It's just a video (not explaining how to do it)... Funny made up rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    It doesn't show him doing anything but running around selecting people and they die. No detailed or in-depth information is exposed, it's just verification that this is a hacker and not just a bug.
    The video you posted wasn't removed.

they don't lose money when the servers are down lol

they have people on staff who deal with this. if they COULD find someone to press charges against they would, so far of their 37 lawsuits the past 8 years, 1 has been against anything like this and that was glider....and they 100% lost

hell they have lost 28 of their lawsuits. blizz is VERY litigious but isn't very successful
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/06/07/th...nd-mdy-glider/

Doesn't look like they lost.

Either way I think it's hilarious that there are still people who believe that there are no hacks and there have never been hacks, surely the mighty blizzard is immune to all forms of hacks! They've always existed, and will continue to.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6o8e1abGlEk heres what happening on my server... some sort of server side exploite

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I don't think it was funny because the direct result of their childish nonsense is what is now causing the servers to be inaccessible.
    absolute truth. Couple little assholes fuck over tons of folks that just wanted to play a little wow.