Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunai View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6o8e1abGlEk heres what happening on my server... some sort of server side exploite
    Holy crap. Quick Blizz or you will loose your 12+ teen rating!

remember remember the 7th of october.
    As a matter of fact we do have an event for october 2nd, 1968 in mexico" :P we had carnage and blood just like this. just 5 days later in wow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/06/07/th...nd-mdy-glider/

Doesn't look like they lost.

Either way I think it's hilarious that there are still people who believe that there are no hacks and there have never been hacks, surely the mighty blizzard is immune to all forms of hacks! They've always existed, and will continue to.
    I came across a rare spawn surrounded by trash. I cleared the trash and was preparing to engage when it was "tagged" and began combat with...someone. I saw Hunter debuffs on it and watched as it spun and swung like in combat. The odd thing is that there was no other player anywhere near me. I never saw a pet, never saw another player, never saw anyone loot the body.

It's some hackers from a well known wow exploit website playing around. They have posted videos of them doing all this + 1shot raid boss kills.

Why do you think the server is still down? being fixed (hopefully).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    what the hell has that got to do with anything, it's not really hacking in MMOs if it's client side lol. making it look like you're 1000ft tall but ONLY ON YOUR SCREEN is useless. you obviously have no clue what ownedcore is about or does, they have made TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS a year on their hacks, mostly dupes, and every time one is busted they have another waiting.
    These dupes are still performed by the clientside, every so called "hack" you know from ownedcore is.
    Your always exploiting a bug in the clients code / the communication between client and server but never do you actually get on the server.
    Hacking the server itself to perform serverside shit is highly illegal and prosecuted.
    Google my name if you like.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    they don't lose money when the servers are down lol

they have people on staff who deal with this. if they COULD find someone to press charges against they would, so far of their 37 lawsuits the past 8 years, 1 has been against anything like this and that was glider....and they 100% lost

hell they have lost 28 of their lawsuits. blizz is VERY litigious but isn't very successful
    Random made up numbers, claiming the glider creator won, troll.
    Last edited by mmoc78c97bc234; 2012-10-07 at 08:19 PM.

nothing on my realm because its dead

First, hacking servers is still considered a federal offense, and Blizzard can and should take legal action against these people. Because these servers are for paying customers to have fun on. And when a hacker exploits and hacks a server that is being paid for by thousands of people at any given time, it is illegal. Second, those saying "This is cool" or "This is just hilarious" I actually don't find it hilarious or cool personally.

It was probably these same hackers who forced everyone to have to change their password recently because they hacked the account servers and took files. So instead of giving applause to the hackers, I feel the community should come together and demand them hackers dealt with more permanently and/or legally. That's just how I feel about it.

Posted by the creator of the hack : "Blizzards lawyers already contacted me for the crash tool. But why should I care? It's good and free paper to wipe your ass." on ownedcore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by destia View Post
    Posted by the creator of the hack : "Blizzards lawyers already contacted me for the crash tool. But why should I care? It's good and free paper to wipe your ass." on ownedcore
    Being intelligent does not protect you from arrogance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, Twisting Nether-EU was bombarded by some evil force today. here's the Screenie!
    http://imgur.com/lhd4W

Deleted
    only 1 thing we can do...the sword of a thousand truth!

Quote Originally Posted by destia View Post

Been many hackers say the same things, that spent many long years in prison.

This is the world event that we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerandir View Post
    This is the world event that we deserve, but not the one we need right now.
    so true lol

Deleted
    The 3 guys are members of 0wnedcore, one of them being Elite user. Check the forums if you want their names or more information.

Black death happening again!
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Server-side scripts handle that. Clients only report and receive data. They should NEVER be able to modify the health directly, or kill. That should be handled by the server based on controlled input from the clients. When the server receives data, it processes it in an efficient manner. Your example could be something like;
    - Client reports dealing (Total HP -1) damage > Server verifies this, then applies this to the mob, and then reports it > Other clients see this data in the form of the mobs HP dropping

It shouldn't ever be;
    - Client reports dealing (Total HP -1) damage > Server accepts this input regardless of access or permissions > Other clients see this data

It was a good thought, but unfortunately not correct in this case.
    That's what I thought too until i started to play battlefield and realized that clients can just tell the server that they killed someone with knife anywhere on the map... I'm sure even if WoW is not a FPS they do it too in a few (encrypted and obfuscated) instances because of network performance issues. And for what it's worth I still think it would count as "hacking the server" because you send it invalid data that it reacts (badly) upon.

So don't do it kids!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Been many hackers say the same things, that spent many long years in prison.
    Ah well the only place they deserve to be. The funny thing is looking form a generalization point of few they are generally white skinny boys between the age of 15 and 25 which will like yahtzee says it make them: link
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-10-07 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was, in some way, tied to the "extended" down-time.
    Has to be. They will have hot fixed it immediately and performed rolling restarts.