Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You do know that enchanters will unlock a large income source as soon as they hit Shado-pan and celestials reputations? Sha crystals are gonna skyrocket as soon as demand increases with, oh you know, 1000%

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Yes. I never saw a gem sell for 80k.
    I've never seen a card sell for 80k

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You do know that enchanters will unlock a large income source as soon as they hit Shado-pan and celestials reputations? Sha crystals are gonna skyrocket as soon as demand increases with, oh you know, 1000%
    I want a 24 hour CD that insta gives me 10k the moment I click the button, you know, like the one you use to make those damn cards. And I don't care about what will happen in 6 months time. I want to deal with the AH max 2 months every expansion and then forget about it. You know, like Scribes do.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

That would be 8 cards selling for 80k. 8 cards which have a mats cost of several thousand k each, which can only be produced in limited numbers, which are to some extent the result of random proc chance and which can only be turned into a useful trinket one week a month. If you could make one gem a day, had no choice about what gem of 32 possible options it was going to be, it cost you a couple of grand to do it, and you were only able to socket it once a month when the DMF was in town you'd probably see them selling for more at DMF time as well.

I want a 24 hour CD that insta gives me 10k the moment I click the button, you know, like the one you use to make those damn cards. And I don't care about what will happen in 6 months time. I want to deal with the AH max 2 months every expansion and then forget about it. You know, like Scribes do.
    /facepalm

https://theunderminejournal.com/item...rne&item=79255

Starlight ink - which you need 10 of to make cards, is current valued at ~400g each (average across US servers - see above link). That means each and every card (even the crappy ones) costs you 4k in ink, plus your daily cooldown. It isn't a magical fairy that just pops up and gives you 10k at the push of a button.

Beyond that not all cards are worth 10k. For example;

https://theunderminejournal.com/?rea...search=of+oxen

As you can see several of these are below ink cost.

You have a really messed up idea of how it works. I'm not sure what your GM told you, but there's more to what he's done that you seem to grasp. You already have enchanting, it's a perfectly viable profession, you are misusing it. I'd suggest simply learning to use what you have properly as a good first step if you wish to make more gold.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-10-07 at 04:01 PM.

You complain about acctually gaining a lot of money what about blacksmithing? Yea sure we make belt buckles and chains, but they are very expensive to make and means I have to farm ore, have an alchemy alt, and it still only makes 1LS bar to make a chain for, sure the entry gear sells for some, but that's the first 2 weeks, and i don't make 120k I made about 40 if even that much, even engs make more money than me thanks to pets and mounts......
    oh and in before "but the epic bs patterns sells" no they do not still trying to sell several plate items on ah that I make and 0 has been sold......

Deleted
    Gotta love my inscription. When it hit 600 suddenly i had crazy amount of cards in my bags.... not

Inscription allows one to make an entire expansion's worth of cash in just two (2) months through the sale of cards/trinkets.

One can make 160k in the space of thirty minutes without even using the Auction House. They do that just by spamming the trade channel offering the new epic trinkets for sale.

The Inscription level 90 epic trinkets sell for 80k apiece.

In comparison, an enchanter makes about 60 k PER BLOODY MONTH FFS, and in order to do that they need to spend hours each day in front of the AH interface, do literally THOUSANDS of 1 silver undercuts, run THOUSANDS of times from the auctioneer to the bloody mailbox and back, not to mention the amount of disenchanting and buying of materials one has to make.

A Scribe does NOT have to bother with the AH, does not have to spend hours in front of the AH, does not even have to deal with undercuts and stuff. They just produce their cards, bind them together, and sell them for 80k within seconds ater having spammed the Trade Chat.

They really need to nerf Inscription to bring it in line with other professions' gold making potential, making an entire expansion's worth of cash in just 2 months is just plain wrong, not to mention it's just ridiculous.

EDIT: Our 24 hours CD as enchanters is not even worth to use, as a Sha Crystal costs less at the AH than what the mats needed to produce it do.

Would you come play my inscription mage please? He is my poorest toon, so obviously I am doing it wrong.
    The amount of headache I have to deal with to sell Glyphs is retarded. There are SO MANY glyphs, and SO MANY people selling glyphs, that use a ton of AH addons I might add, that selling items that are 1 use items, meaning you get it, you have it forever, end up selling them dirt cheap, compared to lets say Gems, which you swap out all the time. It makes no fucking sense.
    A 1 time purchase glyph should not sell for 8 gold, and a gem that you re-buy all the time sell for 200g.

And then to make the cards you are talking about, well, that takes so much time to farm the mats, make the card, then rely on luck to possibly get a deck without having to resort to buying the other cards. It's a huge time sink that I have no desire to participate in. I have other characters I want to play and level, not to mention real life activities outside of the game.

So yeah, please come make me a small fortune on my scribe and I will bake you cookies.
    Last edited by Eldrad; 2012-10-07 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's called a Sha crystal. Does my inscription provide 10k per cd? Absolutely not.

Oxen card? 500g max
    Multiple cards on the AH? 4-5k max
    Value in herbs bought and the starlight ink when measuring income.

Perhaps instead of whining you should remove one of your professions and then learn the other one, since no one is forcing you to stay at enchanting.

Deleted
    Its also very easy to rip numbers out of your ass. At stormreaver alliance side, there has yet not been any complete decks. There is some cards going around 3-5k and oxen being llike 400g. Stalight inc is 250g a piece. You need 10 of em + your own scroll which has one day cd. Getting mats 10 starlight inks from ah costs 2,5k + your own valued scrolls.
    2,5k + scroll for card. You get a serpent card and you might make 500g - 2,5k for yourself
    Get oxen and you just lost 2,1k for nothing. Of course you dont understand the point

Op please just get inscription and see for yourself

Deleted
    Me neither, but I did see 10 gems being sold every day for 1k STEADY profit.

Let's face it, you can theoretically be extremely rich with inscription: you can make 9 cards and end up exactly with a full Deck (let's say it's Crane, the most expensive, because if it's Oxen, then congratz, you just blew 20k gold worth of mats on a trinket that tanks wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole).

But it's like saying that the lottery is so much better than having a real job, because a friend of yours got extremely rich. It's totally random.

As a JC (on one character) and Scribe (on 3 characters) I made some very nice money off DMCs in the past, but it was mostly through AH playing, cross-faction AHs and a lot of trade channel spam (WTT or buy 3 of Embers... I had made a macro at a point).

Now it's even worst: you need 10 of the most expensive inks to make a card, and YOU CANNOT EXCHANGE THE INFERIOR INK for the one you need, like you could in every other expansion. The scroll of wisdom limitation is a joke, you can circumvent it with alts. The real problem is that you need about **5** stacks of Fool's Cap to make a card. That's... a lot of money on my server!

Me? I'd still prefer a good job than trying the lottery.

You don't even need to bother with glyphs. You make so much money through the cards, that in fact you don't even have to bother with professions or gold-making for the remainder of the xpansion. This is what they need to nerf.

And no, I do NOT agree that inscription's money making potential was nerfed. Not when a single card which you make every day spending a few seconds sells for 10k, which is what an Enchanter would make in the space of 5-6 days through spending hours in front of the AH, the mailbox and Auctioneer.

First of all, your speech pattern is insufferable.

Inscription would have been brought in line with other professions when your 24 hours cooldown is as worthless as hours. Like I said, it's not even worth it for us to use our 24 hours cooldown b/c what we make sells for less than the mats required to make it. Don't even DARE to speak about nerfs until they make your 24 hours cooldown as useless as ours.

EDIT: My guildmaster, who has been spending all of his play time in dungeons and levelling his alts, has made I think around 380k so far from inscription, which will allow him to play for FREE for fourteen (14) months, and he will still have 30,000 gold for pocket change. Needless to say that my GM won't even need to touch the AH for the next 14 months or so.
    Second. 380k gold? Okay. the games been out for 12 days as of yesterday, that is 12 cards he could have made 380k / 12 = 31,600 gold. Either you are lying, or he is. On my realm anyway, the most the best cards sell for is 12-14k, there was some for 15-18k at first but Idk if they ever sold.

Plus you are so disingenuous. "Spend 5 mins making a card". It takes approx 14-22 stacks of herbs to yield the uncommon ink to make the 10 ink needed. There is no conversion for Pandaria ink yet.

BTW It's been like this for the last 3 expansions. The WOTLK trinkets were viable practically the whole expansion, and I also made a good amount at the beggining of Cata. It's a good investment, like everyone else has said, at the beggining only.

Either lvl a scribe next xpac to benefit like we all have, or don't, just don't make another thread next expansion.

Deleted
    I see no point in why you are crying.
    If you check abit around enchanting itself, you could have seen infinite dust sold for 5-8g/dust in cata.
    I stockpiled around 100 stacks of hypnotic dust which were 1g in cata and now go for 4-5g/dust

Which is a profit of 8k-10k just by keeping disenchanting mats.

Deleted
    There actually is a magic button for enchanters - its pressed by blizzard and called "patchday". Every new-Tier-patch i push some ah-addon-buttons on my enchanter and earn 100thousends of gold.
    Every expansion has different opportunities to make gold - some steady, some only for a limited timeframe. You just have to know and (ab-)use them.

Enchanting was well and truly shafted the day Blizzard gave everyone our disenchants for free. Nobody makes gold in reasonable amounts from enchanting anymore. Blizzard look at the long term and give each profession it's time at being OP, unfortunately they forget that not all of us are able to max every profession.

"I see no point in why you are crying.
    If you check abit around enchanting itself, you could have seen infinite dust sold for 5-8g/dust in cata.
    I stockpiled around 100 stacks of hypnotic dust which were 1g in cata and now go for 4-5g/dust

Which is a profit of 8k-10k just by keeping disenchanting mats
    ." <<See my point? You don't even need to be an enchanter for that!
    Last edited by Kriaze; 2012-10-07 at 05:36 PM.
    Website made avatars are too large for this forum. Time they upgraded back to the old days when it WASN'T a problem. Curse you've dragged this forum down!

Quote Originally Posted by Kriaze View Post
    Enchanting was well and truly shafted the day Blizzard gave everyone our disenchants for free. Nobody makes gold in reasonable amounts from enchanting anymore. Blizzard look at the long term and give each profession it's time at being OP, unfortunately they forget that not all of us are able to max every profession.

I not only get your point, but I accept your premise. (DE for all)

But OP didn't make a thread about the low yields of enchanting, but rather of the high yields of inscription.

Regardless, I think enough has been said to conclude that currently, incription is a better gold-maker than enchanting, but that doesn't mean incription needs to change in any way IMHO.

@OP Please ask your GM how much he really made so far from Inscription.

Valid comment noose, maybe I got carried away with the thread. I'm not one for sticking to original posts though unfortunately, if a conversation moves on I see no reason not to interject so long as it's relevant to the subject. Well pointed out though
    Last edited by Kriaze; 2012-10-07 at 06:11 PM.
    Website made avatars are too large for this forum. Time they upgraded back to the old days when it WASN'T a problem. Curse you've dragged this forum down!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriaze View Post

Actually I just prospected ores, made gems which were good and with rest I made rings which I disencahnted so yes, I used multiple proffesions.

Windfury you pretty much summed it up.
    Bane

Going by my server rates (100g/stack of common herbs, 200g/stack of fool's cap) - at the moment it takes 8 days and costs around 12K to produce one trinket that will sell for ~150K. That's ~ 17.25K profit per day. That's capped per scribe you have. So having 2-3 scribes is very very handy. This will only last for 3-6 months tops and trinket prices will drop to probably 50K after a month.

Enchanting can make ~3-5K per day selling enchants for the rest of the entire expansion.

Don't hate on it, simply level a scribe and join in the fun.

Since when does a deck selling for 80k directly result in 80k clean profit?

meh

i have 2 inscriptionists and don't even bother trying to make money

most of my glyphs don't sell and I always have them at the cheapest rate.

never bothered with decks.