Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've seen these kind of Monks myself. Alot of BRs during that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I'd love to see it. Sorry to seem like a doubter, not calling you a liar or anything, it just doesn't seem right to me. If nothing else, you'll teach me something.
    I understand. I have been doing as much research on this class since beta, and I am trying to be the best i can. For example, last night on the stone guard, I tanked 2 dogs, other tank took equal damage to me, and i was top dps in the entire raid at 108k on two targets. If i recall correctly, my shuffle uptime was about 95%, top three damage skills were Keg Smash, Melee, and Improved Reflexes.

If you ever want to talk about brewmaster tanking (what ive been focusing on) or mistweaver healing (thats next) please message me and talk away! I would actually love to be wrong and learn something new!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Clash is also very buggy, I'm not sure if it's related to me having the Glyph and the server just doesn't know how to work out the extra distance. Lot of time I'll rush to where I'm supposed to be and cast the AoE stun but the target mob has only made it like half way to me, very annoying.

That and the fact you don't even get to move on "immune" targets and it eats the CD anyways...
    I was actually going to post a thread about this, but will post here instead. Clash, in my opinion, is the biggest pile of $$$$ ability we have at the moment. Right up there with Zen Meditation. I wish they would do away with the whole meeting in the middle and either give us a "death grip" or a "charge" and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    I was actually going to post a thread about this, but will post here instead. Clash, in my opinion, is the biggest pile of $$$$ ability we have at the moment. Right up there with Zen Meditation. I wish they would do away with the whole meeting in the middle and either give us a "death grip" or a "charge" and be done with it.
    Personally I love it. I haven't had it bug out on me at all that I have noticed, but whenever something runs away I am just like "nope"
    Or when I am tanking one mob, and i want to stun it, maybe for an interupt, or to reduce damage. If everything else i have is on cooldown, *roll backwards* *Clash* It is honestly one of my favorite combos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Or be belf. Arcane Torrent + EH = 2 Chi pre-pull. I briefly considered going belf for this very reason.
    Eh 1 free Chi every two minutes isn't all that wild. I'm happy with Bouncy and Epicurean just fine
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueeagle View Post
    I understand. I have been doing as much research on this class since beta, and I am trying to be the best i can. For example, last night on the stone guard, I tanked 2 dogs, other tank took equal damage to me, and i was top dps in the entire raid at 108k on two targets. If i recall correctly, my shuffle uptime was about 95%, top three damage skills were Keg Smash, Melee, and Improved Reflexes.

If you ever want to talk about brewmaster tanking (what ive been focusing on) or mistweaver healing (thats next) please message me and talk away! I would actually love to be wrong and learn something new!
    Any chance you could post your toon's name and realm?

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 03:17 PM ----------

Personally I love it. I haven't had it bug out on me at all that I have noticed, but whenever something runs away I am just like "nope"
    Or when I am tanking one mob, and i want to stun it, maybe for an interupt, or to reduce damage. If everything else i have is on cooldown, *roll backwards* *Clash* It is honestly one of my favorite combos.
    I can't be for certain, but it feels like that the ability doesn't work when I'm in combat. I need to test that on my character tonight after work. I still hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't be for certain, but it feels like that the ability doesn't work when I'm in combat. I need to test that on my character tonight after work. I still hate it.
    There is some odd behavior with Clash not working on "tapped" mobs. This seems to carry over into grouping especially if over eager DPS pull the pack before you engage it will often lock out Clash.

I really like the concept of the ability and when it works right it's beautiful, but for now it's buggy as S!@$t.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Any chance you could post your toon's name and realm?[COLOR="red"]
    Bluebeagle Illidan --- Going for hit cap + 15% exp first, then I am going to find a good balance of haste + crit for elusive brew, then all parry from there. (just in case anyone asks =D)

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    There is some odd behavior with Clash not working on "tapped" mobs. This seems to carry over into grouping especially if over eager DPS pull the pack before you engage it will often lock out Clash.
    Clash shouldn't work on tapped mobs. It would be a way to grief people. You can't death grip tapped mobs either.

Obviously the same behavior happening in a group is a bug.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a group setting is when I notice it most.

our monk tank does this and not only is the amount of dps he does hilarious, but it works great. problem?

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    our monk tank does this and not only is the amount of dps he does hilarious, but it works great. problem?
    If it's working it's working. I spam SCK as much as anyone, but I make sure to at the very least keep shuffle up for some mitigation. If just doing randoms I heir on the side of caution because fuck if I know how good the healer is or isn't.

Deleted
    Ive had to heal a few terrible monks, that take insane amounts of damage and pull massive groups with the spinning thing - i dislike monks now...

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I shouldn't have to tell someone how to play their class. Especially players in the mid to upper 80s. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that spamming SCK over and over again isn't a good way to tank.

I'm just getting the word out now before this becomes a wide spread practice.
    as a lvl 83 BrM I can't say other BrM but yeah WW and MW when I see them spamming SCK I know it's going to lead to bad things. Around BRD up into about halfway through outland I started noticing a massive amount of spamming SCK it got to the point where I didn't want to group with other Monks cause people EVEN HEALERS would just sit there and spam it...even on single target..

Leveling with no guildies while doing a lot of instances as a tank is a f'ing nightmare which gets worse the higher level you go. I was a happy "what ever" tank in 60+/- levels I now completely understand the prima donna tank syndrome....I have yet to finish BRC on normal last attempt...#10 everyone but myself and the healer died to the first bosses smash..and not all at once...but one at a time. So it's not just monks and SCR..

I've seen healers who let me and the group die cause they were too busy texting.
    Healers who let the group wipe cause "ARMG SPRRINGNRAINCHECK"
    DPS who just put people on follow and afk, no one wants to kick cause "That's mean"
    DPS who try to tank, usually ends bad for them and after about the lvl 40 range I stopped taunting off of them.
    Locks and Hunters who still keep their pets "taunt" on...REALLY?...STILL???
    Tanking speced DKs who just I..I don't know what they're doing.
    Enh Shaman in cloth using a staff casting chain lightening and using an earth ele every cool down.

So yeah it's not just monks it's like the wow population went full retard..and I thought those people went to play Zerg Wars 2. I honesty don't think I'll make it to panderia before I give up.

http://imgur.com/95CVy

There is a link to the damage meters of last night, sorry for no individual break down, ill work on that next.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    I like how the OP posted the thread then hasn't come back to say anything else about what he means. That basically makes this a QQ thread instead of anything even approaching being constructive.
    Pretty much this.

Everyone is an arm chair expert.

For christs sake, the expac has been out, what?...two weeks to the day, and people are getting seriously QQ over some Monk tanks style of tanking?. Give it a rest for some people to figure out the dynamics and how they actually work mechanic wise. In saying that, you get some terrible monk tanks, and some awesome monk tanks...i just hope through trial and error those terrible tanks get better through practise. it just baffles me that people dont allow a little breathing room for people playing a brand new class to have some errors in rotation etc.

You do realize that the dog that is farther away from the "pack" does increased bleed damage, right? It also takes 90% less damage. Try tanking the single dog next reset and see how your numbers look.

Now I'm tanking the single dog, taking half as much damage as the other tank, about 40k dps average

http://imgur.com/95CVy

There is a link to the damage meters of last night, sorry for no individual break down, ill work on that next.
    well blow me down. Kudos to you sir.

I disagree with the OP and Agree.

Disagree that using SCK is useless, with many small adds or tanking a huge boss it can be difficult to pick up other targets and SCK can do the job, it has it's use.

However, I agree that it isn't the best to use this, there are far better things you can spend your energy with.

Ultimately it comes down to two important priorities that all tanks must master:

1: Keep Aggro.
    2: Take less damage.