So expertise/hit now?

So I'm really confused. Do we need a total of 15% BETWEEN Hit/Expertise or do we need 7.5% expertise and 7.5% hit?

Also is it the same as Cata? I've tried looking things up but am a bit lost; Mastery > Haste > Crit for assassination? Thanks!

Deleted
    It's 7.5% hit to cap, and 7.5% exp to cap.
    You will want to cap both in all specs.

Assassination is currently looking something like:
    Hit to cap > Agility > Mastery > Exp to cap > Haste > Crit

Combat and Sub play more or less the same - they both value very high hit and exp. Assa, as Incineration said, values mastery more than exp, but still with current rating i found decently easy to cap both.

The cap for both is 7.5% - having more than this is useless (overcapped hit has still some impact on your damage, but is really minor compared to the other stats).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    I may be mistaken, but the reason I think expertise became a much more worthwhile stat now (for Assassination) is just because of the Blindside proc. If an attack is dodged it'd usually just refund energy, however, if Blindside is dodged, the proc is wasted and you lose out on 1-2 combo points, resulting in some rather nasty dps loss.

For a simple answer, just get both to exactly 7.5% for Raid bosses and you will be good to go.

Expertise gives spell hit along with parry/dodge negation, which is why its so good. with 7.5%hit and 7.5%expertise, your melee soft capped(yellows), spell capped, and dodge capped.

Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post
    Expertise gives spell hit along with parry/dodge negation, which is why its so good. with 7.5%hit and 7.5%expertise, your melee soft capped(yellows), spell capped, and dodge capped.
    This is a misinformed post, due to the big confusion there was at the beginning of expansion and the changes of poisons.

Spell hit is useless for rogues. Poisons go on melee hit table - having hit at 7.5% and 0 expertise would still make ALL your poison procs to connect.

For us rogues, expertise only negates parry/dodge, and parry isn't a requirement since we attack only from behind bosses - this requires 7.5% exp to be capped.

Expertise is good for combat and sub, and slightly better than before for Assa due to spec mechanics.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post
    rogues don't need spell it bud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to add for those who don't know know 7.5% = 2550 hit /exp
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."