Demo aoe - Harvest life vs. Hellfire ?

Hello fellow warlocks! I've been wondering which one of these is the better choise ?

They both generate the equial fury for the same time, but which one is superior in dmg ? With targets, more than harvest life's limit, Hellfire is the obvious choise, but does it do less dmg ?

Any thoughts/observations ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not entirely sure what happens from a day to day basis considering hotfixes and all, but after the hellfire "spam" fix I'm pretty sure harvest life comes on top. This is considering both fury generation and damage, as long as hellfire hits the same number of targets.

Harvest Life
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    harvest life comes on top. This is considering both fury generation and damage
    It's worth it for the fury generation alone because its so huge, spam harvest life until enough fury to burn through a few immolation aura/harvest life's in Meta, rinse and repeat. i never touch hellfire

Hellfire and harvest life generate the exact same amount of fury.

Have you tried hellfiring on a single target and watch the fury meter?

Hellfire also does around 30% ish more damage than harvest life. The choice is simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strictly speaking, Hellfire does more damage, You can also move while channeling Hellfire, but not while channeling harvest life.

however you can still talent into Harvest Life and use Immolation Aura+Harvest Life once you switch to Meta

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Hellfire and harvest life generate the exact same amount of fury.

Have you tried hellfiring on a single target and watch the fury meter?

Hellfire also does around 30% ish more damage than harvest life. The choice is simple.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1949/hellfire

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=108371/harvest-life

well there's an extra 7 Demonic Fury per second on Harvest Life, but another reason I use it is so my healers don't hate me, instead they love me. also the range on harvest life is pretty big so the movement issue is somewhat moot
    Last edited by Xandy; 2012-10-07 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1949/hellfire

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=108371/harvest-life

well there's an extra 7 Demonic Fury per second on Harvest Life, but another reason I use it is so my healers don't hate me, instead they love me. also the range on harvest life is pretty big so the movement issue is somewhat moot
    So you didn't try doing what I asked. Your loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tooltip on Hellfire is incorrect, it generates the same amount of fury that harvest life does, it also does more damage, can be channeled while moving, and is effected by Mannoroths fury.

The only time you should be using harvest life is if you need a ranged AoE that Mannoroths fury isn't covering, or if you think that the healing from harvest of life is necessary.

i also prefer harvest life + demon form + immo aura

How do you guys handle the dmg your demon takes then? It seems mine always takes some damage eventually killing him, and health funnel heals really slow which is a dps loss ofcourse.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    How do you guys handle the dmg your demon takes then? It seems mine always takes some damage eventually killing him, and health funnel heals really slow which is a dps loss ofcourse.
    Soul Link + Soul Leech + Siphon Life.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-10-08 at 11:19 AM.

That did not answer my question. I meant when using harvest life, which makes you unable to use Soul Leech.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    That did not answer my question. I meant when using harvest life, which makes you unable to use Soul Leech.
    Soul Link splits the heals between yourself and your pet. The question is, if you're letting your pet tank, why are you using Harvest Life?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-10-08 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Soul Link splits the heals between yourself and your pet. The question is, if you're letting your pet tank, why are you using Harvest Life?
    I'm using my pet to tank while leveling solo, yes. But I tried the harvest life glyph in a dungeon last night and my pet (Wrathguard) died about 4 times. Maybe I was unlucky and my pet managed to get aggro a few times or so but I'm not sure. I double checked that I had the taunt off so it was not that.

I was wondering if MoP dungeons perhaps had AoE that pet can't avoid and how you guys deal with it while using the Harvest Life glyph. But if this is not the case, I guess i'll have some more testing ahead of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using my pet to tank while leveling solo, yes. But I tried the harvest life glyph in a dungeon last night and my pet (Wrathguard) died about 4 times. Maybe I was unlucky and my pet managed to get aggro a few times or so but I'm not sure. I double checked that I had the taunt off so it was not that.

I was wondering if MoP dungeons perhaps had AoE that pet can't avoid and how you guys deal with it while using the Harvest Life glyph. But if this is not the case, I guess i'll have some more testing ahead of me.
    As has been said above, Harvest Life is a DPS loss for AoE so there's no reason to use it over Dark Regeneration or Soul Leech which both apply direct heals to your pets. Similarly, the defensive cooldowns; Dark Bargain and Sacrificial Pact are kinda superfluous when we have Unending Resolve available, especially in dungeons where damage is overall not that high, so it's perfectly reasonable to pick up Soul Link, and that does in fact have nice synergy with Harvest Life should you continue to insist on using it in dungeons, as well as while soloing.

Deleted
    it all depend on how meany mobs ther areifther is hell of alot of mobs then Hellfire is best other whise it is harvest life all the why =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    it all depend on how meany mobs ther areifther is hell of alot of mobs then Hellfire is best other whise it is harvest life all the why =P
    Correct me, if I'm wrong but isn't the Hellfire damage is hardcapped at 10 targets and Harvest Life only hits 10 targets tops so there wouldn't be any difference in damage with lots of mobs either way?

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 01:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    and is effected by Mannoroths fury.
    That's not always a pro.