Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    azshara wants to be a ruler above all. she was probably thinking about using the old gods just as they were thinking about using her.

deathwing wanted to destroy the world.

as you see, their interests are incompatible.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

As far as I know regarding her power and abilities have been speculative (though coming from a character as hot headed as Mannoroth, its safe to say that she is more powerful than he) But has her powers been demonstrated before in lore?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Maybe a few hair short of the Dark Titan.
    I'd say she's for sure stronger than Kil'jaedan at this point. Which is why I'm starting to set up expansions like this.

1. Legion invasion

2. Legion defeat

3. Azshara
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That I really doubt. Sargeras is as far as we know the most powerful being in the wow universe, the old gods my have empowered her, but if she would be nearly as strong as Sargeras the world would be doomed, though she controls all of Azeroth oceans right now, since she took over Neptulons realm.
    Actually unless the lore has been altered over the last year each of the old gods could very well be more powerful than sargaras, All we really know about them is that it took all of the other titans ganging up on each individual old god to imprison them.

Also I don't recall lore ever stating that sargaras was the most powerful being in the universe, it just said that he was the strongest of the titans before becoming currupted, I don't even remember the lore actually stating if his powers grew or diminished when he joined the dark side.

We do know however that when he left the pantheon that his sword "the most powerful weapon in the universe" shattered itself into two pieces.

No, it was just meant to be a underwater raid, not with Azshara in it.
    Azshara is too big a of lore character, and too powerful to be fit into 1 raid. She deserves a expansion.
    Or yknow, a dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Or yknow, a dungeon.
    What about a dungeon?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the title of strongest mage goes to Medivh, but neither of their powers have really been showcased, so we just have second hand assessments of their power.

What about a dungeon?
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Well_of_Eternity_(instance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

A: That was set back in time.
    B: She wasn't a naga then.
    C: She didn't fight.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    azshara wants to be a ruler above all. she was probably thinking about using the old gods just as they were thinking about using her.

deathwing wanted to destroy the world.

as you see, their interests are incompatible.
    And what was Sageras purpose of Azeroth?

Why do people care so much about how 'powerful' a character is, character shields trump everything in WoW lore.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

That I really doubt. Sargeras is as far as we know the most powerful being in the wow universe, the old gods my have empowered her, but if she would be nearly as strong as Sargeras the world would be doomed, though she controls all of Azeroth oceans right now, since she took over Neptulons realm.
    Old God > Titan, every time. This has been made pretty clear, that even Sargeras would not want them around. But still, Sargeras would mop the floor with Azshara. I figure she has roughly the same power as the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Shengar View Post
    And what was Sageras purpose of Azeroth?
    As far as we know Sargeras doesn't really want to destroy worlds, he just wants them to be massive demon filled places. They didn't actually destroy Draenor or Argus, although I guess it depends on how you are defining destroying really. He just wants to turn the planets into demon stomping grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Old God > Titan, every time. This has been made pretty clear, that even Sargeras would not want them around. But still, Sargeras would mop the floor with Azshara. I figure she has roughly the same power as the Lich King.
    Can I get a source on the whole "Old God > Titan" issue. As far as I know, C'thun killed a lesser Titan in combat but was mortally injured himself (I need to check up my sources as well). If that is indeed true, the power scale would look like: Lesser Titan<Old Gods< Parthenon Titans<Sargeras

Deleted
    "Mannoroth discovered, to his chagrin, that Azshara was far more powerful than he, and that only Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras could've matched her."
    "Azshara is often thought to be the greatest mortal mage ever to live - although she may no longer be mortal."
    Medivh would kick her ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say who'd win in a one on one fight. But I don't think its even debatable who'd win in a fight with all the titans versus all the Old Gods since its current a 1:0 ratio at the moment. What I am really interested in however is that it has been hinted in the past that the Old Gods are not native to Azeroth, they seem like the opposite to the Titans more so than Sargeras does. Though they both want to undo the Titans work, that is where Sargeras' motivations end, the Old Gods on the other hand want chaos to rain surpreme in the Universe (or at least on Azeroth since for all we know their could be benevolent Old Gods (unlikely but who knows)) and the Titans desire to bring order to the Universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    She should be equally powerful than Archimonde and Kil'jaeden by now.
    How did you come to that conclusion? she just grew in power magically? Sure she is damn powerful and even more powerful since being "Old Goded" but she is not as powerful as Kil'Jaeden (ofcourse this is all speculation), he is the most powerful demon in the universe (excluding Sargeras since he's on holiday) and enslaved the Dreadlords with ease which is a huge feat in itself. I would go as far to say he's about as powerful as an Old God or maybe a tiny bit off, Azshara is not close.

Maybe a few hair short of the Dark Titan.
    Nowhere near, can't exaggerate this enough, not even in the same league. You don't just become as powerful as the most powerful being in the warcraft universe by going emo, she's likely not even as powerful as KJ.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'd say she's for sure stronger than Kil'jaedan at this point. Which is why I'm starting to set up expansions like this.

1. Legion invasion

2. Legion defeat

3. Azshara
    I would definitely disagree because of the reasons above. Also the Legion won't be defeated until Sargeras is killed, since it makes no sense for him to be killed anywhere other than last in the whole franchise it's not likely to be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Actually unless the lore has been altered over the last year each of the old gods could very well be more powerful than sargaras, All we really know about them is that it took all of the other titans ganging up on each individual old god to imprison them.

Also I don't recall lore ever stating that sargaras was the most powerful being in the universe, it just said that he was the strongest of the titans before becoming currupted, I don't even remember the lore actually stating if his powers grew or diminished when he joined the dark side.

We do know however that when he left the pantheon that his sword "the most powerful weapon in the universe" shattered itself into two pieces.
    There is no written in stone power level of the characters, the Old God vs Sargeras debate has come on god knows how many times :P obviously no one knows the answer apart from Blizzard themselves but how I do love to speculate. I am in favour of Sargeras as you have probably already noticed, this is because he's a fighter/Warrior with the brains and manipulative capabilities of a deceiver, aka he has the brains and the brawn whereas most other villains only have one. The Old Gods rely on minions to do their work and operate behind the scenes so to speak, they don't engage in actual combat often, this is why I think Sargeras would wipe the floor with them. They're likely to send minions against him to try and weaken him which I would likely say is similar to sending a beetle to stop a nuke. I honestly don't see anyway they could beat him, the only thing I do think would beat him is Azzatoth (spelling) which is the huge entity (like a super Old God) imprisoned AS Azeroth, but there's speculation to whether that even exists and whether Blizzard plan to use it. I would love to see that though :>

Its honestly kind of hard to determine her relative power because we haven't really seen her do anything. She was obviously fairly powerful, but not as powerful as Sargeras, otherwise the Old Gods would of never created the Demon Soul to control him to free them, they would of just used her. Until some of the quotes posted, I never really thought of her as being that powerful herself, her power mainly came from her position and her ability to manipulate.

I would agree with that level of power imo, something right up there close to Kil'Jaeden but nowhere close to Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    That has definitely not been made clear, it's clearly the other way around if anything..

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

I would definitely disagree because of the reasons above. Also the Legion won't be defeated until Sargeras is killed, since it makes no sense for him to be killed anywhere other than last in the whole franchise it's not likely to be soon.
    Can you find me where they said Sargeras is back.

Last I had heard was the lore team saying Kil'jaedan has pretty much taken full control of the legion since Sargeras is still missing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)