Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    Lol i must have forgot, between my 7 months break. hmm aighty, still un-fair
    They count WFs by time from when the content is released per zone, so it all comes together. It's not like the race puts EU behind 24 hours to play catch up, so it's fair (ish).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    Lol i must have forgot, between my 7 months break. hmm aighty, still un-fair
    If you consider the EU/US skill gap it's quite fair, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rooting for exodus. They're 2/6H just like Blood legion and Vodka at the moment.
    Albeit they got it AFTER them.

Go exodus go!
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by pipboyedshadowmourne View Post
    if they have aggro, if they just do dps role in tank spec no way
    Yeah, if they have agro which they have when tanking. Point is the dps vs tank argument is useless at the start of progress when tanks beat most dps on meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Because it's been like this since Classic. US has maintance un a thuesday, EU on a wednsday.
    They could just have it open at the same time after they do maintenance ... just saying.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously think vodka has a good shot, pulling for em

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    Vodka has managed to run 74(!) toons through a full 6/6 normal modes.
    My observation from 2 days back, before US scheduled maintenance.

Vodka was the only US guild that managed 3 heroic kills at the first day they became available!

Hard work pays off, and it seems that Vodka means business more than ever!
    Last edited by mmoc4cbbce03d2; 2012-10-10 at 08:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope no one wins. I just don't get the whole world first thing.

Paragon will win it, despite people claiming that 10s don't count, they will win and the rage will flow through all the 25 man raiders like never before when people accept they've won.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Paragon will win it, despite people claiming that 10s don't count, they will win and the rage will flow through all the 25 man raiders like never before when people accept they've won.
    Why would rage flow? It would just confirm that 10 man is easier, like they've been pointing out all along.

People are saying 10 mans don't count because it's impossible for the fights to be identically balanced for 10 and 25 man, and most of the big name guilds are still 25 man. That's why there are two races - 10 and 25 - and not just one.
    Last edited by mmoc148b5469e6; 2012-10-10 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how the EU guilds do and who gets to 6/6 heroic first. Top 10 as I post this:
    1. vodka (25) - US-Alterac Mountains - 3/16 (H)
    2. Blood Legion (25) - US-Illidan - 2/16 (H)
    3. Exodus (25) - US-Cho'gall - 2/16 (H)
    4. Crimson Blade (10) - US-Frostmourne - 2/16 (H)
    5. Fierce (10) - US-Bleeding Hollow - 2/16 (H)
    6. Swims in Lava (10) - US-Blackrock - 2/16 (H)
    7. Dualíty (25) - US-Zul'jin - 2/16 (H)
    8. Midwinter (25) - US-Sargeras - 2/16 (H)
    9. Accession (25) - US-Stormreaver - 2/16 (H)
    10. Suit Up (25) - US-Frostmourne - 2/16 (H)

Credit: http://www.wowprogress.com/
    TBH i think the whole gating thing isn't helping the world first race much. By the time the next raids are released most guilds would of caught up. So the race will need to be split up per raid instance and not 16/16.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maladicta View Post
    Why would rage flow? It would just confirm that 10 man is easier, like they've been pointing out all along.
    Not really, basically if paragon don't win it confirms 10 man is harder because they were world 1st in 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzles View Post

Not really, basically if paragon don't win it confirms 10 man is harder because they were world 1st in 25 man.
    Blizzard would never let a 10 man raiding guild come first because of the public outcry, 10 mans will be tuned harder per player to make sure of that, if Paragon manage to still get world 1st then they are freaks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzles View Post
    TBH i think the whole gating thing isn't helping the world first race much. By the time the next raids are released most guilds would of caught up. So the race will need to be split up per raid instance and not 16/16.
    Yes, totally agree.

I was pointing out the lack of logic in the comment I was replying to

I'm really interested to see how Paragon do, they've lost so many members and are stuck doing 10 mans when they've been so derisory about them in the past - both factors that must be pretty demoralising. I wouldn't be surprised to see them have a pretty poor tier.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    Blizzard would never let a 10 man raiding guild come first because of the public outcry, 10 mans will be tuned harder per player to make sure of that, if Paragon manage to still get world 1st then they are freaks.
    Well, that's just silly In fact, given that such a large majority of players are 10 man raiders, surely Blizzard would want 10 man guilds to do better if they were just trying to appease public opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see Vodka beating Blood Legion, I dislike Blood Legion.

I expect the EU Guilds to show them who is boss soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    This was probably Blizzard's intention. It spreads of progression, making it more entertaining for people 'watching' the race as well as giving the guilds racing more rest time rather than going for 16/16 in a long, drawn-out race like with tier 11.
    I honestly don't think Blizzard gives a crap what the people "watching" the race think; we're such a small minority compared to the overall playerbase. The only reason this tier is as gated as it is (ridiculously so) is to artificially make content last longer, so that it won't be as stale when they release patch 5.1 in several months time.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by maladicta View Post
    Well, that's just silly In fact, given that such a large majority of players are 10 man raiders, surely Blizzard would want 10 man guilds to do better if they were just trying to appease public opinion.
    25 man raiding is already hanging by a thread, if 10mans start getting world 1sts it will encourage more top guilds to drop down, they don't need to please 10man raiders because everything else outside of raiding is so much easier to organise when it comes to 10mans.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 08:48 AM ----------

Pulse and Envy (AKA Half ensida) get 1st EU kills

Paragon just got 1st EU 10man kill, really seems like they mean business as a 10man team, this will be interesting.
    Last edited by DreamCast; 2012-10-10 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    25 man raiding is already hanging by a thread, if 10mans start getting world 1sts it will encourage more top guilds to drop down, they don't need to please 10man raiders because everything else outside of raiding is so much easier to organise when it comes to 10mans.
    Why would you assume that Blizzard cares about 25man raiding? It's their actions that have caused 25man raiding to lessen every expansion, they're the ones making it happen. Eventually it'll get to the point where it'll seem justly for them to stop 25man content all together, just like 40man content, and they'll just have to balance for 10man.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Vodka is currently in the lead but that isn't really relevant since Paragon will surpass them when things start to get nastier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    25 > 10.

Always no matter even if the fight is tuned to favor 25 man. Why? Because finding 25 good players is so much harder than 10. And to communicate boss fights between 25 people is way harder. Thus it will always considered its superior.
    Are you really using the argument that it is harder to find 25 decent raiders...that is just stupid, and as someone else already said, in 25 man you get more buffs and battle resses etc. While yes, it is a bit easier to coordinate a 10 man raid, I dont see why you cant compare 10 and 25 man raids to each other since they both have their up and down sides, this is of course my own opinion but yeah, dont see a problem why you cant compare 10 to 25 man raids when you are talking about world first, gj DarthThrall

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premonition have disbanded

lololol Nihilum in the race.

Also Premo is either a casual guild or 10man guild.

lolol
    Hi Sephurik