Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeRae View Post
    Finally. Some resolution. Wasn't Nerfed yet but it will be Tuesday. Now you have permission to cry.
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

At least people will have problems getting #1 feral feng now

At least people will have problems getting #1 feral feng now
    We will be killing it tonight (25 H), so I'll give it my best shot at taking it

Deleted
    Well, this nerf was more than expected. Yesterday I killed warlock and DK in a row within 45secs. They clearly had no idea about this talent, they thought I'm "only" resto druid. My biggest FB crit on dummy was 360k .....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzer View Post
    Well, this nerf was more than expected. Yesterday I killed warlock and DK in a row within 45secs. They clearly had no idea about this talent, they thought I'm "only" resto druid. My biggest FB crit on dummy was 360k .....
    Thats exactly the point. If people have any clue about the game whatsoever then its easily avoided. It will be nerfed harder tho. No doubt!

Well, Blizz did and did not do what I was hoping they'd do with it (at least from a Guardian perspective).

One aspect of HotW was that going kitty as Guardian was a complete waste of time, glad to see they're trying to buff it some.

With respect to the spell power change, there's a few things going on with that actually. First of all, if you didn't look at the PTR notes, Wrath is getting buffed for every spec of druid for the time being, as in increased SP coefficient. Second of all, at least from a Guardian (and likely Feral) standpoint, the SP damage reduction to HotW was strikingly close to how much SP I got switching to a caster weapon... while I wish Blizz would've kept the +SP% and make Feral/Guardian not able to benefit from SP weapons (kind of like the change to Enhancement shamans in Cataclysm, when their BiS weapon at one point was a caster weapon), I guess non-caster druids will still be searching for caster weapons to swap.

Similar weapon restrictions could be done with other specs of druids, and where double-dipping may occur still (such as Resto Wrath spam) just reduce the +SP%. Am I the only person that doesn't want to farm a weapon that I use just for a CD every 6 minutes?
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    All kids rejoice! Your QQ has been answered. The bads have had their way once again. Now restodruids will be back to being basically useless with on demand burst when going for the kill. I guess its only holydins, restoshams and discpriests who gets to be good at that.

Atleast warriors and hunters were nerfed and balanced too. Oh wait...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    All kids rejoice! Your QQ has been answered. The bads have had their way once again. Now restodruids will be back to being basically useless with on demand burst when going for the kill. I guess its only holydins, restoshams and discpriests who gets to be good at that.

Atleast warriors and hunters were nerfed and balanced too. Oh wait...
    Either I missed something or wrath didn't get removed. You can still DPS with wrath if you're going for the kill, you just won't get 900k rip crits any more. Sorry bro, sometimes things are OP and get nerfed.

Deleted
    Paragon Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults 10 Man World First

Setup: 2 Locks, 1 Priest, 2 Pally's, 1 Warrior and 4 (!!) Druids. Seems like Druids do very well in MoP

Deleted
    double post
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2012-10-12 at 08:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    First of all. RIP was never an issue since that isnt available for restodruids. Good try tho. Secondly, wrath is a 2 second cast time which does shit damage outside of Hotw. WITH hotw it did some good burst but yes... 2 sec cast and can easily be avoided and when you are casting this you arent healing or kiting faceroll dpsers.

As i said... the bads had their way again
    We're talking about HotW. You're right, rip was never the issue, I was exaggerating, you got me. Still though, why should a resto druid be able to go cat and destroy DPS classes on DPS for 40 seconds? And before you say I'm just a druid hater, I play a druid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Either I missed something or wrath didn't get removed. You can still DPS with wrath if you're going for the kill, you just won't get 900k rip crits any more. Sorry bro, sometimes things are OP and get nerfed.
    First of all. RIP was never an issue since that isnt available for restodruids. Good try tho. Secondly, wrath is a 2 second cast time which does shit damage outside of Hotw. WITH hotw it did some good burst but yes... 2 sec cast and can easily be avoided and when you are casting this you arent healing or kiting faceroll dpsers.

Im not saying that this cooldown wasnt a bit over the top. It was for sure. The fact that makes me mad (bro) is that warriors and hunters are CONSTANTLY overpowered throughout the whole game. Not just for 45seconds every 6 minutes.

But hey... what to do...

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    We're talking about HotW. You're right, rip was never the issue, I was exaggerating, you got me. Still though, why should a resto druid be able to go cat and destroy DPS classes on DPS for 40 seconds? And before you say I'm just a druid hater, I play a druid.
    Yes.. im also talking about hotw. Isnt that obvious? Thats what the whole thread is about?!

If you read my detailed post and not the double post you would see how this is easily avoided if you have any skills whatsoever.

But it has been nerfed now. I hope the kids will run back to their warriors and hunters and continue faceroll to free 2,2k and leave me alone

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    With respect to the spell power change, there's a few things going on with that actually. First of all, if you didn't look at the PTR notes, Wrath is getting buffed for every spec of druid for the time being, as in increased SP coefficient. Second of all, at least from a Guardian (and likely Feral) standpoint, the SP damage reduction to HotW was strikingly close to how much SP I got switching to a caster weapon... while I wish Blizz would've kept the +SP% and make Feral/Guardian not able to benefit from SP weapons (kind of like the change to Enhancement shamans in Cataclysm, when their BiS weapon at one point was a caster weapon), I guess non-caster druids will still be searching for caster weapons to swap.
    i dont think the spellpower benefit was the whole issue, even without spellpower i managed to get a 230K crit on my wrath
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Btw, the posted spellpower coefficient changes on the front page are old. Starfire, wrath and Starsurge were already buffed if that's what some people were talking about. I also think the nerf is fine, but they should lower the cooldown of it. Most of the complaints come from the burst of it. But I think it would be more in line with a 5 minute cooldown or even 3, but then it might be too strong compared to nature's vigil. Still it could be adjusted so the benefits of being able to be versatile rather than just dps could be up every 3 minutes for a less amount of time.. Then again, it's probably fine the way it is, 45 seconds with 6 min cooldown. I have no idea :P... Just dropped it in pve to get nature's vigil for healing. Sure it can be nice on some down time, but if there's that much time to dps on a boss I'll just go boomy.

Yeah, let's nerf Druids but still dont nerf BM Hunters, Warriors or Destro Warlocks. XD
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    i still think the idea of the talents is to give no burst potetial, but just ot let the druid perform an other role.
    the passive stats are there to make it worth taking.
    the activated abiltiy should not make you gain or loose dps, it should just let you perfor man other role and thne still do about the same dps.
    it should have 6 minutes cooldown as completely swapping your combat role is TO OP!
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Yeah, let's nerf Druids but still dont nerf BM Hunters, Warriors or Destro Warlocks. XD
    My point exactly. Retard devs are retarded... Another season 5 all over again where certain specs faceroll to free gladiator. Great work bliz

Quote Originally Posted by marnold2012 View Post
    Well its supposed to increase your other capabilities when you pop it, so if you are a kitty for an example and pop it then say you start spamming WRATH and do sh*t load of damage for 45 secs but now the damage output is 30% then it was just from 2 days ago. Others are complaining too its not just me.
    Ofcourse people are complaining. Doesn't make it a bad nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    First of all, if you didn't look at the PTR notes, Wrath is getting buffed for every spec of druid for the time being, as in increased SP coefficient.
    That was not in the official patch notes. It was datamined. And it just looks like the tooltip correction of Sep 20th hotfix.

Deleted
    I for one am glad it was nerfed. HotW to me, was a talent which let me help on a spec, of that of my own. Take for instance Elegon, when the lightning conductor things raise and you can opt to DPS them down or continue to damage elegon, this would be a perfect moment to use HotW, since then I can actually damage Elegon and the conductors. I DO NOT think this talent should be used as it was, a "look at my dps by spamming 1 skill". It should be used as a situational ability. The healing is getting a little hard for 2 healers? pop HotW and give them a hand. Instead it was just used as overpowered wrath spam.

It took all meaning away from my spec (feral for this post). I could put some major work into doing my actual cats rotation, at the last 1 minute of an encounter, pop HotW and out damage all my other abilities over the course of the fight, in 1 minute. It felt wrong, felt like my actual feral amour was somewhat useless because all I needed to do was get a better caster staff and top DPS charts with 1 talent.

But what should i complain for? I was happily using DoC before i learned that HotW was mega overpowered, and after they nerf it next week, will happily go back to DoC, with some feeling of achievement in my gear and a lot less weapon swapping macros.