View Poll Results: Which is doing better pvp wise?

Voters
81. This poll is closed
  • Feral

23 28.40%
  • Boomkin

20 24.69%
  • Neither, better go resto!

27 33.33%
  • none.. REROLL!

11 13.58%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Feral or boomkin pvp?

Which seems to be doing better at the moment?

moonkin is crazy mobile and has 3, yes, 3 big burst cooldowns... two of which are off the gcd so if you really want to you can macro them all together and crit 170k starsurges through 57% resil.

Deleted
    Feral. Fighting a tough opponent ? Just spam 5p whirlwinds, heal yourself, restealth and reopen. Repeat till he's dead.

Boomkins are bad. Once a melee is in your face, just do /afk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Feral. Fighting a tough opponent ? Just spam 5p whirlwinds, heal yourself, restealth and reopen. Repeat till he's dead.

Whirlwind?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    Whirlwind?
    Cyclone, w/e. :P

Deleted

if only it was that simple.

Should be resto imo. I play boomkin/resto and I end up being more useful in just about every setting as resto. Not only can I CC players all day long, I am an effective CC on up to 3 players trying to chase me down. Boomkin, it is harder to get away as those 50k healing touches that were nearly topping me off at level 85 with my 130k health pool are miraculously still hitting for around 50k with my 350k health pool.

Deleted
    playing 3s as moonkin with LSDv2.

we are not squishy. We have very good burst with cooldowns popped (we are caster-rets now) and good peels and good off-healing especially with NS heals).

I've not seen a single feral druid in 3s up to 2.1k mmr so far, and my experience of fighting ferals in BGs and 2s is that they are really weak.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Should be resto imo. I play boomkin/resto and I end up being more useful in just about every setting as resto. Not only can I CC players all day long, I am an effective CC on up to 3 players trying to chase me down. Boomkin, it is harder to get away as those 50k healing touches that were nearly topping me off at level 85 with my 130k health pool are miraculously still hitting for around 50k with my 350k health pool.
    That's pretty much the way it always works. Towards the end of an xpac when the new skills come out, we are pretty awesome for about 2 weeks. Then things start to 'balance' out and we aren't that exciting again.

In before some gladiator shows up and says everything is working fine for .005% of the population.

Have you played as a boomkin before? j/w.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

all i hear is "mama never taught me how to kite"

10+ Year Old Account
    moonkins are really fun in pvp!
    Hi

Do you like being the absolute best healing class/spec in pvp or do you like being one of two pretty sub par pvp specs?

Not that you can't get high ranking with feral or boomkin specs, just resto is comparatively SO much better.

I hate when people answer like they know everything about the class when they haven't even played it at max level. If you actually had played feral at max level you would know that you have to choose your instants to either CC or heal, it's not like you "just can 5CP cylone and go heal". After 3 HTs and a reju you are OOM, not even at full HP unless you crit heal and it takes ages for mana to regen unless you are fighting for LotP procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

15+ Year Old Account
    Feral seems to do way better then most people expected or would think right now to be honest.

With some actual PvP gear, and without popping our CD's, our damage is great, our survivability is great, and our utility is insane. While popping CD's, we're potentially one of the highest burst classes in game for 15-30 seconds and able to kill anyone in a few seconds, I'm seeing 60-100k Ravage crits (spammable) flying everywhere when popping Berserk, Incarnation, and Nature's Vigil at the same time.

I honestly haven't seen a lot of good Boomkins to judge on what spec is best, but I doubt Boom's are going to beat those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Feral seems to do way better then most people expected or would think right now to be honest.

With some actual PvP gear, and without popping our CD's, our damage is great, our survivability is great, and our utility is insane. While popping CD's, we're potentially one of the highest burst classes in game for 15-30 seconds and able to kill anyone in a few seconds, I'm seeing 60-100k Ravage crits (spammable) flying everywhere when popping Berserk, Incarnation, and Nature's Vigil at the same time.

I honestly haven't seen a lot of good Boomkins to judge on what spec is best, but I doubt Boom's are going to beat those numbers.
    Pretty much this. I had people tell me feral was bad but I kept going. Now I confused as to why they said ferals were bad. 1v1 I feel very powerful and don't feel as if I am countered by anything. Plus mobility is straight up amazing and if a fight is going bad then nothing short of another feral druid can catch me. Feral sustained dps is great and their burst is one of the highest in game with Inc, Berserk, NV. Spammable Ravages and being able to pounce out of stealth is OP.

Moonkins have gotten an awesome upgrade in terms of pvp, it's so awesome to play right now. 3 burst cooldowns, instant healing touches/roots/cyclones with NS, healing(glyphed)/mounting in moonkin form, a stun, dash & stamp.roar(glyph) from moonkin form, it's great fun.
    With LW pvp gear being so easy to craft I'm gonna give feral a first go soon too but haven't yet, I'm expecting to enjoy it a lot too.

Currently 86 and I can destroy almost ANYTHING from 85-89, even killed a few 90s. With our new shadowdance I would say feral is one of the most bursty classes atm, besides BM ofc....

Deleted
    Feral, hands down - Been in love with it since Wotlk tbh; Don't think i'm ever changing back :P

Geez, no Guardian love? No one expects the cuddly Bear Hug! Outside of this, Feral/Boomkin both have their upsides and downsides, and your results will likely vary depending upon who you face and how well they know how to counter you.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville