Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

HoTW hidden nerf

People are complaining on the WoW forums that it was nerfed and I did not believe it until I tried it and it seems Blizzard has released a Hotfix for it and nerfed it quite a bit now. I would not have minded it if the CD was not 6 minutes but now its just a useless talent. GJ Blizzard. They really want us staying away from druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're posting in general, at least spell out what the acronym stands for.

In this case he's referring to Heart of the Wild. There was a gimmick spec that used it to generate an enormous amount of spike damage with cooldowns.

it was an "I win button" that no-one but baddies care about seeing how it was the only way a bad player could win in PvP.

Yes it was Heart of the Wild. My mistake for not spelling it out. But damnnnn Blizzard, they nerfed the s**t out of it. Its completely useless now. The numbers don't lie.. Its a shame that these nerds at Blizzard have to hide it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 06:04 PM ----------

But I don't understand why they don't just acknowledge it in the hotfixes. Why lie about it. 30% less damage then it used to do is a HUGE nerf for a 6 min CD..

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    it was an "I win button" that no-one but baddies care about seeing how it was the only way a bad player could win in PvP.
    So, like playing Paladin or Rogue at all?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

How did they nerf it?

Well its supposed to increase your other capabilities when you pop it, so if you are a kitty for an example and pop it then say you start spamming WRATH and do sh*t load of damage for 45 secs but now the damage output is 30% then it was just from 2 days ago. Others are complaining too its not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I can assure you that my failure rate with a Paladin is absolute proof of that not being true! Totally is for rogues, though.
    God damned rogues, always roguin' off.

Quote Originally Posted by marnold2012 View Post
    Yes it was Heart of the Wild. My mistake for not spelling it out. But damnnnn Blizzard, they nerfed the s**t out of it. Its completely useless now. The numbers don't lie.. Its a shame that these nerds at Blizzard have to hide it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 06:04 PM ----------

But I don't understand why they don't just acknowledge it in the hotfixes. Why lie about it. 30% less damage then it used to do is a HUGE nerf for a 6 min CD..
    I guess that 6% passive doesn't really mean anything, huh?

PS: Totally comparing this to Incanter's Ward.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Rogues have an I win button? It used to take me a couple of buttons - with some lock downs, damage, slows - whatever - but I never knew we had an I win button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    So you're saying that only these "baddies" took the talent? Cause if not, then a massive nerf would effect far more then your limited opinion would cover.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Yeah sorry that you can't 2 shot someone as a resto druid in cat form any more.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Rogues have an I win button? It used to take me a couple of buttons - with some lock downs, damage, slows - whatever - but I never knew we had an I win button.
    keyword is HAD. It is now a useless talent at 90 for a 6m CD. 30% reduction in damage is A LOT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Severusss View Post
    Again, was this the only thing any player ever used this ability for? Or are you applauding an over reaching nerf to PvE for the sake of PvP that will never be truly balanced?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Going to move this to the Druid forum.

i just logged my alchemist, to see if my stock of http://thottbot.com/item=10286 was affected....i didn't notice anything

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    i just logged my alchemist, to see if my stock of http://thottbot.com/item=10286 was affected....i didn't notice anything
    LOL WTF? I am talking about the talent not item. HAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by Severusss View Post
    Yeah maybe if your still wearing your lvl 85 pvp gear

OP can you link to where they said this was a hotfix?
    Thats some huge BS. It has a huge CD, and this is the only reason it was any good. Toning down the damage is one thing but 30 % ? Wht a fucking joke

All the while that locks still can soulstone in arena, gg blizz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Example on what actually got nerfed and why you shouldn't be complaining.
    EX:
    Moonkin hurricane tick - 12k
    Feral with HoTW hurricane tick - 72k

I was broken for feral and resto doing dps for arena and in raids. Wrath for feral was doing close to 200k. The only dps benefit it is supposed to have is the 6% stats for all classes, which stacks multiplicative with +5% from wearing leather. Don't complain about nerfs for bugs.