Few Questions on 10 man Mogu'shan Vaults Healing

Hey Everyone!

I am about to go into 10 man Mogu'shan Vaults tonight, and have a few questions I am unclear on. I have looked through the top ranked healing logs on WoL, and I suppose I just need your thoughts on these:

-Eternal Flame blanketing seems to be the way to go. Do I wait for 3 stacks of HP to throw EF out, or should I do it at 1 or 2?
    -I know that mastery is our new go to stat, but should I be reforging to a certain haste cap? As in to get extra ticks of EF or SS?
    -Light's Hammer seems to be very good for 25 mans, but I'm worried about diminished use in 10 mans. Should I go with one of the other two talents?

Thanks for your courteous replies!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been running EF in a ten man setting this week. It seems that blanketing with one or two HP (Depending on when damage is going out) seems to work best. One HP on multiple people may seem wasteful, but its slowly stacking your mastery bubbles and every single tick is going through to your beacon. On certain fights, such as Garajal, Id advise going for a full 3 HP EF on voodoo doll targets because of the damage that the will be taking, but other than that I think sticking to the 1 or 2 HP EFs works very well.

As far as I know, any Haste break points are very high and not worth the lost mastery at this point. I could be wrong as I haven't seen an updated Haste chart in a while though.

Light's Hammer is probably going to be changed out based on the fight. It probably wont do much good on Stone Guardians, Garajal, or Spirit Kings as the raid is spread out oftenly, but on other fights it can be very powerful.

I can't actually help you on your issue (finally dinged 90 last night ^^) but I wanted to raise my hat to you for posting one of the most well written and clear post i've seen in a while. Seeing new raiders actually taking the time to learn their characters before heading into raids melts my heart =P. Kudos to you and I wish you the best of luck !

Sincerely yours
    A hardcore Vanilla Raider =)

Deleted
    Alright, I've got a question regarding EF blanketing.

Looking at logs, it definitely seems the way to go right now. However, where's the place of LoD in this? Is it only worth using now on burst healing situations, and when the raid damage is at least somewhat ticking EF takes over? I've always liked EF though, and it saves me from keeping the headache buff SS up.

I also don't understand this concept of eternal flame blanketing. HP generation at this stage is reasonably low so it's not possible to keep high stacks up on multiple members. Keeping low stacks up barely seems worth it for the size of the heal. Then of course there is the issue that it competes with WoG (ie would it be better used dropping some burst heal rather than a gentle blanket) and LoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    I also don't understand this concept of eternal flame blanketing. HP generation at this stage is reasonably low so it's not possible to keep high stacks up on multiple members. Keeping low stacks up barely seems worth it for the size of the heal. Then of course there is the issue that it competes with WoG (ie would it be better used dropping some burst heal rather than a gentle blanket) and LoD.
    How does it compete with WoG? It does the same healing plus the blanket. Also, If you're having problems with HP generation try Holy Avenger. This week I pulled Stone Guard with 5 HP, EF'd the first tank, HS'd, EF'd second tank, waited for first jade shards, blew Holy Avenger and just alternated radiance and HS and EF'd people even if they were near full. This means that for at least 15 secs afterwards the beaconed tank was able to sustain himself quite nicely and I was able to have at least 7 blankets active, which helped the spot damage of jade shards and pools a lot.

I think the difference between LOD and HS comes from fight to fight. On Feng, my EF doesn't give me the numbers it does on Stone Guard, because it has frequent bursts of damage instead of steady aoe damage, so I usually don't get EF blankets up to an optimal level.

Still fairly new to EF, but loving it so far.