Thread: Affliction AoE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Destruction has Shadowburn which not only deals more damage than chaos bolt but is also instant allowing more time to cast incinerates and get faster ember generation.
    Excuse me, I haven't been following destro changes for quite some time, but I think I read that you can't spam soulburn since it eats up too much embers.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Each spec has an execute mechanic but each mechanic favors different execute scenarios

Affliction: Drain Soul is superior for very long drawn out executes, inferior at executing adds and cleaves
    Demonology: Soul Fire/Molten Core is functional for both short and long executes but excels at neither
    Destruction: Shadowburn is superior at very fast executes, executes of ads, and cleaveing shadowburn on to a second target, but is inferior for long executes.

same is true is for AoE, all specs have different multi target strategies

Affliction: Best Multi-dot, inferior AoE
    Demonology: Best burst AoE, decent sustained AoE, decent on multi-dot, no cleaves.
    Destruction: good sustained AoE, Weak burst AoE, Best Cleaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Excuse me, I haven't been following destro changes for quite some time, but I think I read that you can't spam soulburn since it eats up too much embers.
    Well. Yes. That's how the execute works as destruction.

Rather than having to spend 2.6~ish seconds per ember for a chaos bolt you spend 1 GCD on a shadowburn and get 5% mana back. Not only does shadowburn itself hit harder than chaosbolt but it also allows you to build embers faster by not having to cast chaos bolt. That's the execute as it works for destro.