Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Nobody is taking Soul-Link

Or is it just my experience? tons of bgs i've done and fellow guild members who are pve focus & i could not find 1 warlock taking this talent. Searching some of the top locks from previous arena seasons and zero have them. locks mentioned it in beta that this talent wasnt very good, blizz ignored it & here we are.

The talent is too dangerous in PVE to be taken with all the damage going around. In pvp as well, too many classes have various dots & cleave damage ontop of that. This is clearly a case of "if it aint broke, dont fix it".

What have you guys been seeing?

it's optional it's really good in arena vs burst teams I saw few tops locks streaming getting it vs comps like RMP and shits (rmp never tried to train the pet tho)
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

I Dont like it people being able to dps my pet to kill me =/ or double dip me and my pet compared to a one minute 200k shield even dark bargain is better imo for pvp

This is what happens when I meet a soul link lock in arena as a destro lock:

Havoc his pet. Pop all my CDs. Tell my partner to do some damage to lock with me. Watch the two chaos bolts hit the lock and his pet. Lock dies.

well faetal who is a 2.9k lock uses it in afflic spec sooooooooooo... yeah, pros only

easy, cancel soul link when they are hitting your pet..
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbond2013 View Post
    Or is it just my experience? tons of bgs i've done and fellow guild members who are pve focus & i could not find 1 warlock taking this talent. Searching some of the top locks from previous arena seasons and zero have them. locks mentioned it in beta that this talent wasnt very good, blizz ignored it & here we are.

The talent is too dangerous in PVE to be taken with all the damage going around. In pvp as well, too many classes have various dots & cleave damage ontop of that. This is clearly a case of "if it aint broke, dont fix it".

What have you guys been seeing?
    Many locks are using it for PVE. EJ even has it as a "mandatory" talent for afflic and destro. Afflic and destro use GoSac, and with soul link you get an additional 20% more HP. And sac'ing void gives you shadow bulwark, which is another 30% for 20 seconds. Soul Link is dominating for pve for affliction and destro. There really is no choice. Look at high end pve'ers. You'll see alot of them with it.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2012-10-07 at 08:15 PM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    Soul Link is the worst of the options in that tier. Same as dks not tanking the stun because the movement imparing effects remover+speed boost is OH SO MUCH BETTER!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Soul Link is the worst of the options in that tier. Same as dks not tanking the stun because the movement imparing effects remover+speed boost is OH SO MUCH BETTER!
    Depends on what you're doing. Soul Link is much better for some things.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

The same number of players are taking Soul Link as Sacrificial Pact, with more players taking Dark Bargain.

Except in PvP where twice as many players are taking Soul Link as compared to the other two.

How often that Soul Link is paired up with Grim of Sac? Since 20% health boost is decent, it's the pet version which some people find meh. Using it now as petless Destro, but I wouldn't touch it ever over other 2 options if I were going with pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    The same number of players are taking Soul Link as Sacrificial Pact, with more players taking Dark Bargain.

Except in PvP where twice as many players are taking Soul Link as compared to the other two.
    Can you break it down a bit more. Can you tell us how many of the players taking soul-link also have GoSac & how many taking soul-link have GoSup as well?

theres no doubt PVE'rs are taking soul-link with GoSac because of the 20% HP buff. I believe the same is happening in PVP. what i dont believe is that theres a large volume of people taking soul-link+ GoSup or Soul-link+ GoService.

Was this really your designed intent for Soul-link, to be nothing more than a 20% hp buff to gosac?
    Last edited by jamesbond2013; 2012-10-07 at 09:06 PM.

Even w/out GoSac, Soul Link is great for pve when soloing... I use it with GoSup with the VL and the healing from Soul Leech keeps us both full HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tffkap View Post
    Even w/out GoSac, Soul Link is great for pve when soloing... I use it with GoSup with the VL and the healing from Soul Leech keeps us both full HP.
    Soul leech heals your pet and yourself anyway... Soul Leech talent tooltip

EDIT: Unless you meant it double dips? healing you twice when used with Soul Link? That would make it rather better for soloing than I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of PvE, it really depends on how good you are at managing defensive cooldowns and avoiding shit. I find the additional cooldown from DB or Sacrificial Pact to be completely superfluous, either because I'm awesome at avoiding damage or shit at pre-empting it to get any real use out of them, especially given I have UR for when I can pre-empt it, and Healthstones are generally better for when I fail to. SL I find just gives me more space for screwing up and/or finishing casts while stood in fire in more general encounters.

Of course, there will be situations when it's desirable to stand in shit, and for that I can always spec into an additional cooldown. Situational talents are situational, and I feel there's a pretty good balance on this row, because I personally like SL, others don't, and that's basically how it should be, right?

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Soul leech heals your pet and yourself anyway... Soul Leech talent tooltip

EDIT: Unless you meant it double dips? healing you twice when used with Soul Link? That would make it rather better for soloing than I thought.
    I don't know if it's double dipping, but it's incredibly powerful with Void Lord/Voidwalker, but sucks ass with Felguard.

My mate is afflication

He said, he went into soul link, but found people were just able to target his pet, and it would kill him, pet self heals, healers healing it etc, and it was him taking the damage
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    if you really want to know what warlocks are taking what talents, perhaps you could just make a poll to see what people picked and in what situations.

Deleted
    Exreamly bad for pvp. Excellent for pve (unless soaking).

When in beta I said Soullink was bad I was called a baddie by some ppl on this same forum, all praising the wonders of soullink

I rarely see a soullinked warlock in BGs but when I see its just a easy kill by targeting the pet and killing it instead, thats why I would never spec it outside of PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post

Without context this is good as nothing, I found 2 old warlock mates comming into mop that speced Soullink based only of the legacy prestige that the talent caried with it and when explained how it really worked they went right away into Dark Bargain.

Soullink tooltip text is a bit of a trap.
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2012-10-08 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm taking Soul Link actually. A: I'm lazy now and then.
    B: It provides a steady source of extra health, without cooldown, giving the healers more breathing room during big AE's.
    C: It's awesome for questing, as most passive pethealing is gone now. Dailys plenty.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/