[Anime] Code Geass: Akito the Exiled (spoilers)

Just watched the first installment of Code Geass: Akito the Exiled and it really brought me back to the good old days of weekly waits for the R2 episodes.
    I was just wondering a few things and thought this might be a good place to ask some questions.

SPOILERS BELOW:

What is Akito Hyuuga's geass? (He apparantly used it quite a lot in his fight in the knightmare...but waht did it do?)
    That other geass that the other guy used (forgot his name) is that the same thing Lelouch had or did I miss something? (Would be cool to have lelouch's geas in the hands of evil, but recycling a geass does not seem too fun for me...still out on whether it is a blessing or not)
    When exactly does this take place? Supposedly it is during the events of Code Geass Lelouch of the rebellion, but can anyone be more specific? Because the OVA 2 teaser showed C.C./Suzaku and I was wondering when she and he actually had time to come to the E.U. (assuming those events are yet to happen and aren't flashbacks)

SPOILERS ABOVE

Can't wait for the next OVA.....also: Where I live, I only know of 1 other person who watched Code geass.....is it really that rare, or do I just not meet the right anime people?
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually live in Narva Anyway it was good and am looking forward to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    I actually live in Narva Anyway it was good and am looking forward to the next one.
    Cool! I don't live so close to the action (NEtherlands here, hope it gets featured in it somehow :P)
    But did you get what his geass did?
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Akitos Geass is like Suzakus, he just can't die. Or thats how it seemed to me. And the Chinies guy had the Power of the King.

So far I really like it. From what I understand, it takes place between season 1 and R2, during the year that Lelouch didn't have his memories.

Anyone else think that Akito's line about having already died before might not be metaphorical? It wouldn't surprise me with all of Code Geass's talk about some kind of cycle of resurrection, particularly Shirley's death scene in R2 and C.C.'s explanation of the contract in the first chapter of Renya of Darkness.

And yeah, I want to know exactly what Akito's geass does. Oh, and sinilaid, geass is called the power of the king, it's not a name given specifically to Lelouch's geass. And I would say it seems similar, but I doubt it's exactly the same. Xin didn't issue a verbal command for what's his face to kill himself.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-10-08 at 08:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So far I really like it. From what I understand, it takes place between season 1 and R2, during the year that Lelouch didn't have his memories.

Anyone else think that Akito's line about having already died before might not be metaphorical? It wouldn't surprise me with all of Code Geass's talk about some kind of cycle of resurrection, particularly Shirley's death scene in R2 and C.C.'s explanation of the contract in the first chapter of Renya of Darkness.

And yeah, I want to know exactly what Akito's geass does. Oh, and sinilaid, geass is called the power of the king, it's not a name given specifically to Lelouch's geass. And I would say it seems similar, but I doubt it's exactly the same. Xin didn't issue a verbal command for what's his face to kill himself.
    Oh didn't know all geass was called Power of the king. But you know what I mean anyway tho

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post

I was thinking the same.
    But soon after I thought that maybe it had to do with the way he got his geass.
    The way most people got their geass; when there was no hope. (C.C. got it when she was poor, starving etc, lelouch got it as he was about to get shot, Renya got his arm-thingy when he was in dire need)
    So maybe he got it when he was supposed to die. So the geass saved him, but himself considers that he died then and there and that through Geass he got a second life.

But what sinilaid said also struck a chord with me: "I think Akitos Geass is like Suzakus, he just can't die."
    Would make sense if that evil dude has Lelouch's geass and Akito is under the effects of a geass to not die, like Suzaku was. Akito also said that unlike the other japanese people in the unit he didn't join for his family, he joined to die (which would make sense, if he knew he has a geass on him that prevents him from dying.....in an effort to take control over his life, he seeks to overcome his geass and die anyway)
    But that brings up whole new questions, when and where did he get this geass put on him, what is his relation to whoever put the geass on him, why did he get this geass on him, etc....

However it would still fit with his previous death line in the sense that through (the effects of a) geass he evaded near-certain death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Oh the new Code Geass finally aired? Neat! Tyvm Chocolate-based OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Oh the new Code Geass finally aired? Neat! Tyvm Chocolate-based OP.
    Yeah it was part of the anti-brony movement, by means of starting the brownie movement. That didn't work, but I like brownies, so there. :P

But the new code geass is an OVA, with 4 episodes of around 50min which will be released seasonally I think (so months inbetween episodes)
    Not to mention that it will likely release in theatres first, meaning we will have to wait quite long for dvd's/blurays to be released before most translators start on english subs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    But what sinilaid said also struck a chord with me: "I think Akitos Geass is like Suzakus, he just can't die."
    Would make sense if that evil dude has Lelouch's geass and Akito is under the effects of a geass to not die, like Suzaku was. Akito also said that unlike the other japanese people in the unit he didn't join for his family, he joined to die (which would make sense, if he knew he has a geass on him that prevents him from dying.....in an effort to take control over his life, he seeks to overcome his geass and die anyway)
    But that brings up whole new questions, when and where did he get this geass put on him, what is his relation to whoever put the geass on him, why did he get this geass on him, etc....

However it would still fit with his previous death line in the sense that through (the effects of a) geass he evaded near-certain death.
    I think that because when he was fighting many enemys at once in a lower spec mech, hes eyes glowed red and he was yelling "die, die". He won. That reminded me of Suzaku and Kallen fight.

Deleted
    There's a new Code Geass anime? You're joking!!!!

EDIT: YYYYYYESSSS!!!!!!!

how do you pronounce "geass"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    how do you pronounce "geass"?
    Not "Gay Ass" if thats what your thinking, go look the english dub of the show on youtube