Deleted

Elegon 10N help.

Hello! So we got to Elegon normal and after 2 evening of tries we have one single issue ----> the enrage timer :/
    The main problem seems to be we're unable to push the second ph1 with only 3 adds spawning, we always get a 4th add in that phase (we push the 1st ph1 in 2 adds), also we do 4+4 in ph2 letting the 5th wave to reach the edge while dpsing the boss as much as we can.
    We have logs of our last 6 tries but i can't link them due to me being new to mmochamps forum but you should be able to copy paste the link anyway: /reports/dqgowynznctppet1/
    Our best try was the 4th one (6% enrage wipe).
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Your problem : You have 3 healers. Drop to 2.

Deleted
    your ment to 2 heal it. if for some reason you cant 2 heal it then you really need to do 5 + 5 Sparks. Find a way to line CDs for the 4th/5th Spark.

But it is easily doable with 2 healers

Keep in mind the real dps race on this boss is not the boss itself the adds are the challange if you can do 5 adds or more the boss will just melt away try to do 6 5 and enrange will no longer be a problem also try to heal it with 2 people the dps can help out by reseting the stacks more frequently so that they wont take as much dmg

10+ Year Old Account
    2heal it.

Push 5-5 sparks, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Our DPS is average & we did it with 3 & 3. Use 2 healers, there is no reason to use 3, it's very easy once they get used to it.

EDIT: Your group has similar DPS than us, switch to 2 healers & you'll kill it within a few tries. Your healers are on 30, 36, & 37% overheal, which is a sure sign you have too many
    Last edited by mmoc053e24f82b; 2012-10-08 at 04:36 AM.

Deleted
    Since you're running a heavy melee comp, keep the add near the middle during the second protector phase if you're struggling to push him to 50% in 3 protectors. This was helpful to my group which runs 3 melee. Generally it would stay in until about 60% hp on the add, then we'd take it out and nuke it, was a massive gain in damage done to the boss, and made it very easy to push in 3, to the point of holding off on Elegon.

For reference, we killed 4 charges in each charge phase (i.e. 5 stacks on boss each time). 2 healers with a kill at about 8m 30s. The advice to 2 heal is good, and it's definitely an execution kind of fight - dps will get better naturally. Ele shaman specs into AG to help with the healing, it does a lot of healing and will be very helpful to your healers. With a good number of mitigation/healing CDs up for the burn it will be very easy

2 Tanks , 2 Heals , 6 DPS, Tanks have to focus on doing damage too not only tanking add, boss and survive ,when ads in p1 got 25%hp get them out of inner circle, you have to killl minimum 5 ballls in p2 and dont stop to dps boss where balls are death , in p3 spleat dps on every pylon to kill them all in the same time

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    you have to killl minimum 5 ballls in p2
    Plenty of guilds have killed it by doing 4 or even 3.

5 is great but he's easily doable with 4.

Deleted
    I wouldn't say the problem is 3 healing it. We 3 healed it (1 disc priest), killing 4-4 sparks and still had 11 seconds left on the enrage.
    Log link.

The problem you're having is your raid's dps is quite low for a 6% wipe, are you maximizing uptime on the boss? Does everybody have the best possible gear from the heroic dungeons (apart from the low drop % epics)?

Does everyone know how to do dps?

Alternatively, you can of course drop a healer (especially if you don't have a disc priest) but still the boss should be 3 healable without too much trouble.
    Look at the problems you have in your raid right now (dps) and fix it, so it won't be a massive issue in the heroic modes.
    Last edited by mmoc68a4e4b5e2; 2012-10-08 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Elegon down! we took 3 tries this evening, 3 healers tho, we pushed 5+4 and we had our palatank pulling 107k lol.
    Thanks for help evry1!

This fight is not hard. It is all about getting stacks. We 3 healed it and our lowest DPS was 105k and highest was like 128k. Killed it with a minute left on enrage timer.

Stacking range makes p1 and 3 alot easier but killing balls is much harder. We only had 2 mele and we easily went 6-5. Mele heavy grps should be able to get crazy high stacks.

How do you guys handle melee for the last phase? Have them stay in and just have the healers heal through it?

Deleted
    Kill 3 balls > let the 4th go and dps the boss in the meanwhile granting 40% more damage taken (80% in the last phase) Worked for us, 2healing that is.

This is a fight that will be much easier when you get more gear. (Able to kill more sparks more quickly = faster win)

We whiped for a few hours one raid. then geared up our healer and 1 dps that was stil lacking abit. After that we killed it (Just barely ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by docdoom View Post
    How do you guys handle melee for the last phase? Have them stay in and just have the healers heal through it?
    3 healing we just had everyone stay in except the tanks. Range and healers stacked with melee for healing.

Deleted
    What's the minimum DPS required from DPSers to beat the enrage? I'm kiiiind of curious...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissadora View Post
    What's the minimum DPS required from DPSers to beat the enrage? I'm kiiiind of curious...
    If you go 2 healers I guess you can get away with everyone at the end having something like 80k dps.