Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

LFR is going to be harder?

Well according to this post:

4 - LFR Encounters in MoP - The changes:

LFR has changed with the coming of MoP. During it's inception LFR was regarded as a "bland experience which trivializes the raiding experience". Blizzard has taken note of this and has made the new LFR a more appropriate experience which will require more co-ordination from it's origins in Dragon Soul. Players should be prepared entering the raids with the use of the Dungeon Journal and the information found on our very own MMO-champion, with videos included. I can thankfully say that LFR in MoP is no longer a loot piñata as that of Dragon Soul, encounters will get easier as time goes on with gear upgrades, community knowledge and possibly tuning. The quality of raids are improving and I out-lined many of the changes below.

Some differences (the following remains true from a beta perspective):
    - Encounters are a lot longer than Dragon Soul LFR encounters.
    - Teamwork and communication is needed. On some encounters more so than others.
    - Some abilities will wreck you.
    - There can be a lot of individual awareness involved in certain encounters that can make or break your raid.
    - Many mechanics cannot be ignored (some still can however).
    - The use of CC is required for some encounters.
    - Some encounters can be tough on healers and healer's mana. Beware of not screwing up so they won't waste even more mana.
    - Tanks will have their work cut out for them on a few key encounters. They must manage their defensive cds more efficiently.
    - There are enrage timers on many bosses so the DPS must be good (no more extreme slacking).

I encourage people to stop leaving a raid just because you wiped. If you don't have time to join LFR, you should not join in the first place. The first days of a new queue in LFR will be extremely demanding as only a few people may have experience from beta.

Lastly, I recommend boss mods such as Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs, to make things a bit easier, downloading from the Curse Client is quick and simple.

What you guys think?

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...AQ-amp-Tactics

"- Teamwork and communication is needed. On some encounters more so than others."

I'll get right on that when the tank doesn't speak english, brb getting google translator.

It'll be nerfed within the week I'm sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    "- Teamwork and communication is needed. On some encounters more so than others."

I'll get right on that when the tank doesn't speak english, brb getting google translator.

It'll be nerfed within the week I'm sure.
    Tbh when i read the entire post Blizzard is besically saying thatt hey don't give a crap about people wiping which makes me /smile.

I'm going to stick to normal and wait a month or so to tr LFR. At the end of 4.3 there were still LFR pugs failing badly.

Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    Tbh when i read the entire post Blizzard is besically saying thatt hey don't give a crap about people wiping which makes me /smile.
    Ummm...ok then... but that's not how it works. What they say and what they do are two entirely different things. Also, you realize that this post isn't from blizzard, right?
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-10-07 at 11:08 PM.

Deleted
    Somehow from all that text all I got is "there will be more Ultraxion buttons".

Call me a skeptic but I doubt it will be harder... maybe a couple more gimmicks that can kill "some" role (call me fading light).
    It was possible to die in the previous LFR just highly unlikely and you had to work at it, I'm expecting the same to be true for this incarnation :P

I don't want to encourage people to stop leaving. People who leave after a wipe generally are impatient and poor players. I'd rather they make room for someone who is likely to be competent.
    RETH

Deleted
    I expect nerfs coming really soon.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going to be disaster, Like really people afking still / Watching youtube. People doing subpar DPS yada yada

It will be nerfed until groups don't fail. Morhaime commented that one of their mistakes in Cataclysm was not nerfing things fast enough. They won't make that mistake again.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Simple solution: Let us make our own 25 person groups, set the instance to Easy Mode and win. Language barriers and simple idiocy do not mix with challenging content.

I think DS was just a testing ground for LFR. Now that Blizzard knows it's successful, they are going to make it more challenging. Not surprised at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like ill be avoiding lfr for a good while !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post
    Simple solution: Let us make our own 25 person groups, set the instance to Easy Mode and win. Language barriers and simple idiocy do not mix with challenging content.
    But you can get 25 people together and queue as a group for LFR...?

15+ Year Old Account
    I did LFR on beta and it was definitely a step up from Dragon Soul LFR. I haven't done Moshugon LFR yet, but I did Heart of Fear and there is definitely a lot more required of those who join. Expect people to be far less tolerant of individuals who autoattack now.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I did LFR on beta and it was definitely a step up from Dragon Soul LFR. I haven't done Moshugon LFR yet, but I did Heart of Fear and there is definitely a lot more required of those who join. Expect people to be far less tolerant of individuals who autoattack now.
    Lol what? Kick the person that's doing sub par DPS or the afk person and the next person that joins does the same thing! It's no different

10+ Year Old Account
    From a guild who cleared Normal DS the second week, and Heroic DS at about 20%, comparing that to LFR DS... If what they say is true, then LFR may be having trouble. Granted, some of our people were still a bit undergeared, and we didn't clear the Stone Guard. If LFR is any more difficult than previous LFR, then I expect a wipefest of epic proportions.

OR. Blizzard is just hyping us up, and it will be a loot pinata for people who are actually not afk.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    Well according to this post:

4 - LFR Encounters in MoP - The changes:

LFR has changed with the coming of MoP. During it's inception LFR was regarded as a "bland experience which trivializes the raiding experience". Blizzard has taken note of this and has made the new LFR a more appropriate experience which will require more co-ordination from it's origins in Dragon Soul. Players should be prepared entering the raids with the use of the Dungeon Journal and the information found on our very own MMO-champion, with videos included. I can thankfully say that LFR in MoP is no longer a loot piñata as that of Dragon Soul, encounters will get easier as time goes on with gear upgrades, community knowledge and possibly tuning. The quality of raids are improving and I out-lined many of the changes below.

Some differences (the following remains true from a beta perspective):
    - Encounters are a lot longer than Dragon Soul LFR encounters.
    - Teamwork and communication is needed. On some encounters more so than others.
    - Some abilities will wreck you.
    - There can be a lot of individual awareness involved in certain encounters that can make or break your raid.
    - Many mechanics cannot be ignored (some still can however).
    - The use of CC is required for some encounters.
    - Some encounters can be tough on healers and healer's mana. Beware of not screwing up so they won't waste even more mana.
    - Tanks will have their work cut out for them on a few key encounters. They must manage their defensive cds more efficiently.
    - There are enrage timers on many bosses so the DPS must be good (no more extreme slacking).

I encourage people to stop leaving a raid just because you wiped. If you don't have time to join LFR, you should not join in the first place. The first days of a new queue in LFR will be extremely demanding as only a few people may have experience from beta.

Lastly, I recommend boss mods such as Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs, to make things a bit easier, downloading from the Curse Client is quick and simple.

What you guys think?

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...AQ-amp-Tactics
    - Fine with that
    - Lol okay. I'll get right on typing out that "stop dps" command while standing in the fire. Or are you actually going to fix Blizzard Voice finally?
    - So prepare to wipe 20 times before people realize you push the "heroic will" button.
    - See above
    - Fine
    - Based on how tanks and healers are speed-running right now, this will end in many wipes.
    - Fine by me as a healer.
    - Hopefully they figure that out in their time leveling.
    - You mean shorter than 5 mins?

So yeah, willing to bet within 1 month it's nerfed back to a faceroll. Some of the changes they made are going to wreck PuGs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    DS LFR was actually good the first 1-2 weeks. It wasn't until after that when the good players were quickly replaced by incompetent kids. I expect MV to be like this too, smooth runs the first few weeks and a wipefest after that.

eh ill just queue with the guild :P