Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    LFR was quite difficult on the beta, some bosses and trash as exactly said, harder than others. like the last phase of that encounter where the tornados spawn and you have to run from one side to the other (similar to the heroic dungeon fight) the boss is about to enrage and if you have people screwing up, you're dead. (it was overtuned when we did it, impossible to do so it might be much easier, maybe less tornadoes) this was with players doing AMAZING healing and great dps. of course, like I said...overtuned and bugged on beta.

point is, it can be quite a challenge and I have a feeling that if they haven't nerfed and changed the fights since beta, people will whine and complain and since it is LFR it will get made easier.

but as it was on beta, I'm sure people will tell you...pretty fun. *much* different than DS. if it remains unchanged, you guys will enjoy it.

People where still wiping on DS LFR at the end of the expansion... faceroll was not faceroll enough many times.

Sorry but if it is anything but faceroll it will be nerfed because it will not get used if it isn't. Any harder than DS and the only use for it would be server pug groups and even that wouldn't be very good. At that point you are better off running a 10 man pug. Finding 10 people on a server that are not stupid isn't to hard to do... 25 not so much.

It is very rare that I run a 5 man with 4 other people that are even half decent. Generally there is at least one person that totally fails at their role and I expect the same level of failure out of 25 mans. Meaning at any given time there is no less than 5 people that don't have a clue. If any of those 5 people have important roles in the raid there is a good chance a wipe is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    LFR was quite difficult on the beta, some bosses and trash as exactly said, harder than others. like the last phase of that encounter where the tornados spawn and you have to run from one side to the other (similar to the heroic dungeon fight) the boss is about to enrage and if you have people screwing up, you're dead. (it was overtuned when we did it, impossible to do so it might be much easier, maybe less tornadoes) this was with players doing AMAZING healing and great dps. of course, like I said...overtuned and bugged on beta.

point is, it can be quite a challenge and I have a feeling that if they haven't nerfed and changed the fights since beta, people will whine and complain and since it is LFR it will get made easier.

but as it was on beta, I'm sure people will tell you...pretty fun. *much* different than DS. if it remains unchanged, you guys will enjoy it.
    I get what you are saying, but many peoples idea of fun, especially after the novelty wears off and you just want a quick gear-run isn't wiping for hours because random people you have no control over REFUSE to do the tactics xD

10+ Year Old Account
    It WAS certainly harder on the Beta. I don't know what it will be like on live.

If the beta version of LFR went live, there would be an EXTREMELY small success rate. The amount of co-ordination and brain power required by the entire group is too much for people who think they're cool for being all angsty and refusing to do anything properly.

Basically, as much as I want LFR to be a 'learn to raid' tool, it will just be a steamroll through and collect your weekly loot tool. It doesn't effect me as I'll be queing with ~12 guildies and just lolmode the place, carrying the randoms we get.

I still personally think LFR should be a bit more difficult, but then again it's people choices how they play the game, if they decide to be completely stupid, that's their own choice.

LFR will not be as hard as it was on beta, you have my word. There is no way that blizzard will release a LFR that the target audience of the LFR cannot complete. It's completely flawed logic. They know what sort of players they have queing, that they have half the raid being completely dead weight, and the other half divided between people carrying the rest of the group, and people attempting to put in some effort.

tl;dr: LFR will not go live with the same difficulty as beta. If it does, blizzard messed up, BIG TIME.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I get what you are saying, but many peoples idea of fun, especially after the novelty wears off and you just want a quick gear-run isn't wiping for hours because random people you have no control over REFUSE to do the tactics xD
    One of my last DS runs we had major issues on spine because we couldn't get a few (like 3) to stop DPS. Chat was filled with say/raid/yell telling to stop. Something as simple as stop blasting the target is actually hard for people. And it isn't like they had to watch out for anything on that fight but they still couldn't handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    - Teamwork and communication is needed. On some encounters more so than others.
    This part is going to make or break groups - especially since most US servers are put into queues with Brazilian and Latin realms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    Tbh when i read the entire post Blizzard is besically saying thatt hey don't give a crap about people wiping which makes me /smile.
    It's like you never read a blue post before...they spread bullshit all the time.

LFR SHOULD be hard, not that shit DS LFR was...

Guess ill go try LFR to see if i can upgrade my gear, not so lucky atm with it *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    LFR will not be as hard as it was on beta, you have my word
    I haven't played beta, but i hope it won't be too easy either on live.

I know LFR is made so everybody could see the content, but if you can afk thru it, then something is wrong.

Baddies will be baddies, and in my opinion, people should have to do something if they wanna see all content.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    LFR SHOULD be hard, not that shit DS LFR was...

Guess ill go try LFR to see if i can upgrade my gear, not so lucky atm with it *sigh*

I haven't played beta, but i hope it won't be too easy either on live.

I know LFR is made so everybody could see the content, but if you can afk thru it, then something is wrong.

Baddies will be baddies, and in my opinion, people should have to do something if they wanna see all content.
    On beta you needed at least 20 people in your raid to not be braindead and to follow instructions.
    If you had 4 people pulling sub par dps - enrage timer.
    If you had 2 healers pulling sub par hps - dead group.

That wouldn't go live - there would be too much outcry.

While I wish it was 'difficult' and taught people how to play - it will never happen. LFR is focused on casual people who pay their subscription fee wanting to kill bosses whenever they want, however they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    On beta you needed at least 20 people in your raid to not be braindead and to follow instructions.
    If you had 4 people pulling sub par dps - enrage timer.
    If you had 2 healers pulling sub par hps - dead group.

That wouldn't go live - there would be too much outcry.

While I wish it was 'difficult' and taught people how to play - it will never happen. LFR is focused on casual people who pay their subscription fee wanting to kill bosses whenever they want, however they want.
    Exactly, LFR was built for people wanting to see the content. Adding something that requires communication isn't going to be reality because you have the Brazil and Latin realms in the mix too. Maybe if it were Oceanic realms, sure because they don't get paired up with Brazil/Latin. That single language barrier is what will prevent difficult encounters from being completed.

Deleted
    A Multitude of languages meaning poor / no communication
    People Rage Quitting.
    People Complaining over other peoples DPS.
    People crying over loot even though nothing can be done about it.
    People AFking.

The anarchist in me has a massive smile knowing how bad this is going to be,
    and I am going to love watching every second of it.

You can't teach people who don't want to learn how to play by making the easiest content hard. All you do is punish those in the group who know, and just want a drama free run. Personally I don't want to spend a lot of time preaching at less skilled people about how to improve or do tactics... thats what guilds are for.

Deleted
    I don't believe blizzard will stand long against the storm of players who will complain if they don't kill the bosses in one go every week.
    LFR just as LFD is for all players - that means ALL players even the worst of the worst. No one will be excluded by difficulty. They will nerf it, if the typical ds LFR group we all know doesn't clear it as smooth as DS back then. Because those players will not learn, they will not care to skill up and they will not accept a tool designed for everyone requiring knowledge above their class or the bosses. They don't accept to be forced in putting certain buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't even get me started on the heaps of Brazilians on US servers that seem to flock to LFR jajajaja

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I don't believe blizzard will stand long against the storm of players who will complain if they don't kill the bosses in one go every week.
    It depends. There are two possibilities.

(1) Blizzard will have learned that the have to nerf faster rather than procrastinating hoping things will turn out. Or...

(2) Blizzard thinks the non-raid content of MoP will be a substitute for inaccessible raids.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I PTR tested Dragon Soul's LFR and I can tell you it was NOT fun when it was hard. We spent like 4 hours on the first boss because people kept rage quitting, and then we'd spend 15 minutes explaining the fight to newcomers. Half the raid ignored mechanics and caused wipes when the stacking mechanics happened. It was a mess. I went right to the feedback thread and stressed that all the mechanics need to require only a handful of people to do them because its impossible to rely on every stranger to do what they're asked to do. Especially since LFR is a place where people who have never raided test their meddle.

Bottom-line, it needs to be easy or no one will be having fun. The casuals will be 100% confused why the boss aint dying, and the hardcores will be enraged that none of the casuals are following simple directions. Sure it doesnt have to be "afk-easy" but it can't be the heroic raid-level stuff people desire. If people are tired of spending 4 hours on each LFR boss because no one is able to follow directions, expect there to be swift nerfs.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2012-10-08 at 03:03 AM.

For the first time, LFR will have a mechanic where the DPS's inability to move correctly will wipe the group (Feng the Accursed's Wildfire and Arcane Resonance). If DS LFR is anything to go by, with DPS who lack the awareness to push an extra action button (Ultraxion) or tunnel vision and can't see the bold "STOP DPS" raid warning on Spine, I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of frustration and wipes on Feng the Accursed, unless Blizzard applies major nerfs to that boss in LFR.

I think the first week or so won't be too bad. Most of the people who hit the ilvl requirement will have some sort of raid awareness. Keep in mind that for the most part the runs will be on people's mains and not on their 5th alt on their 5th LFR run that week. The attitude of most of the people in LFR does have the potential to be quite atrocious, as evidenced by the response in this thread so far. If you queue up looking for a bad experience with a chip on your shoulder...well you're going to get a bad experience and lash out at everyone. Of course LFR is going to be harder. The fights are more complex, people are unfamiliar with the encounters for the most part, and we're not on the last tier of gear from the expansion with a monster set of stats.

Absolutely no chance this will last. Like rep and many other things, it will get nerfed as soon as the whiners start.
    Thanks for posting though, its good in theory to get people ready for the normal raids, but will never survive the community.

It would be nice if they quizzed you about boss mechanics before you can queue, needing an 80% so people read the dungeon journal.