Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    They were easy, they just weren't easy with braindead players.
    So in other words, they were easy in theory, but not in practice, especially when used as intended (in LFD).

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The guide to this one mentions quite a few raid-wiping mechanics per boss. They're probably going to have to nerf it down a bit to reach LFR-DS levels of ease.

Also, berserk timers are in effect.
    With all the obviously stupid design issues that have already arisen in MoP's end game, and now this, I'm getting the impression they really need some adult supervision on the dev team.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    I only skimmed the thread but what I didn't notice was people pointing out that to actually get into LFR at least at the start you will need 463ilvl and at least on my server/faction not many people have that gear yet,it isn't hard to get it but at the same time it isn't easy so this might at least be a deterrence for some new players, might influence skill,might not.

Deleted
    Im all for it being more challenging but I dread the use of ''individual awareness'' abilities i.e someone getting a bomb debuff that could blow up the raid, I can see alot of people joining after they have got their run cleared just to troll others. Either that or incredibly bad players will ruin runs.

Deleted
    It wont work out, we all know how bad some groups did on madness due to people not killing adds or blistering's paired with horrible healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssangel View Post
    I only skimmed the thread but what I didn't notice was people pointing out that to actually get into LFR at least at the start you will need 463ilvl and at least on my server/faction not many people have that gear yet,it isn't hard to get it but at the same time it isn't easy so this might at least be a deterrence for some new players, might influence skill,might not.
    No joke. They actually lowered it down to ilvl460. This means you still need heroic gear in every slot but one and that one might have to be a ring or trinket.

In DS, you could just run dungeons all day and pick up JP gear to match it. For now you'll need VP gear to push you over and there's a weekly cap of 1000 and the cheapest VP gear is 1250. (That's three weeks for two minor pieces of gear)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    10th soon :>

10+ Year Old Account
    If you bought a crafted item, got your Coren trinket, that would put you at 464ish w/full 463s in other slots. I got lucky with Sha of Anger 1st kill so that bumped me up by 2 (tier gloves) AND don't forget the Conquest gear (20 ilvl per slot aka ~1+ ilvl per slot) since it is so strong for some classes. S12 legs are 2nd BIS for Fury Warrs.

I'm going to try and run it with my guild, and if not I will run it with a partial trade group or Openraid if you can. No way am I trying a totally random group over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    "- Teamwork and communication is needed. On some encounters more so than others."

I'll get right on that when the tank doesn't speak english, brb getting google translator.

It'll be nerfed within the week I'm sure.
    I hope it gets nerfed if it will be as hard as they make it sound like. I don't do LFR to wipe because of retarded mistakes, which are bound to happen in LFR.

Deleted
    Sounds good, but will be nerfed. : /

Doubt it. People 90% of the people in LFR will either. Rage at each other or are just to dumb to know what's going on. It'll be a snooze fest at release or it'll be nerfed quite quickly with the massive amount of complaints there's going to be if ti shows at least somewhat of what a Raid is supposed to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    I'm fine with harder, provided they raise the number of kicks so groups can get rid of all the under-performers. Otherwise a run will never be completed.
    That accomplishes very little if they're replaced by the same type of player.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I don't want to encourage people to stop leaving. People who leave after a wipe generally are impatient and poor players. I'd rather they make room for someone who is likely to be competent.
    Or hardcore raiders that dont want to waste anymore time to people that dont know/dont listen.
    Coin has always two sides.

I remember before DS LFR launched that people were saying what a failure it would be because of how hard it was on the PTR.

I see some difficulties the first few weeks as people learn the fights and come in with pretty bad gear. I expect a lot of ilvl cheating with equipment in bags and such. But it'll get better as people get more used to the fights.