Challenge Mode Comps?

I know there's the whole "Bring the person, not the class", but I want to not bring classes/specs that won't do as well in challenge modes when getting my group together.

For DPS, how would evenly skilled Boomkins vs Kitties go? Ele vs Enhance? Unholy vs Frost? Survival vs BM? Which tanks and healers are more preferred?

Should I prefer classes/specs that can do better AOE DPS than single target? Better single target than AOE DPS? Burst or sustained?

I went into Jade Serpent for fun with some guildies two days ago, our group consisted of a Survival Hunter(me), Fury Warrior, Combat Rogue, Guardian Druid, and a.. Mistweaver Monk (the healing spec). We went right, our AOE for trash was decent, but I alone was pulling 45% of the damage on trash. When we hit the boss, we got the Strife and Peril combination, everyone's DPS was hovering around 60-70k, but it seemed like our tank was being hit like a truck and the healer couldn't keep up with all the damage going out, going oom by the time the bosses are around 40%. Healer has like 467 ilvl (scaled down to 463 I know) so gear shouldn't be the problem.

My current idea for a comp is a Blood DK, Holy Pally, Ele Shaman, Survival Hunter(me), and either a Frost DK, Lock (not sure on specs, our Lock is pretty awesome), or a Combat Rogue. Frost DK or Rogue, I'll bring Wolf for 5% crit and if Lock I'm bringing a Hyena for 10% haste.

Edit: For when doing the Challenge modes, should we reforge out of Hit/Exp to meet just the heroic boss caps or are we fine with staying at raid boss caps?
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-10-08 at 09:58 AM.