What does HPCT mean in regards to wow math/calculations?

Please, don't tell me to google it because I already have. People love to use this term, but they don't provide the definition for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never even heard that term before. Maybe hits per combat table? Dunno

Deleted
    Hits per cast time. I googled it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    Hits per cast time. I googled it.
    I was close!!

Well, since I can't tell you to google it, I just googled it myself (I'm too curious sometimes :P). It's Healing Per Cast Time, or the amount of hit points you can heal divided by the time of the cast.

Edit: I guess it would work for hits too, if you're not a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing Healing Per Cast Time, since I've already seen DPCT used for Damage Per Cast Time.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingMantis View Post
    Please, don't tell me to google it because I already have. People love to use this term, but they don't provide the definition for it.
    When we theorycraft hots and dots we refer to the damage that a HoT (Heal over time) or a DoT (Damage over time) does in two significant factors. Firstly we will generally look at HPM (DPM very rarely). This is Healing Per Mana (HPM) the ratio of healing to mana cost of the spell. The second thing a caster spends besides mana is time. So the HPCT is Healing Per Cast(Channel) Time. It's a ratio of how much healing (or damage) you're doing in comparison to how much time it takes you to cast the spell (remember the GCD).

Deleted
    HPCT is Healing Per Cast Time; similarly, DPCT is Damage Per Cast Time.