Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    There. Fixed it for you. Otherwise, you'd be hard pressed to convince many people that's the truth.
    Well of course it's his opinion and I agree with it. Rather play a game with decent story, fun PvP, good ops (TFB is awesome) than World of Dailycraft or Zerg Wars 2 (don't take this too hard, just joking around).

Hopefully the fix the minor bugs they introduced in 1.4, it really was pretty bug free recently, maybe some fixes tonight.
    Last edited by Jalek; 2012-10-08 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dropped SWTOR when my raiding group fell apart and friends left the game (endgame without raiding/friends is boring if you do not PvP) I had 5 50's and 3 30+ characters ... its worth finishing your story line, but if you do not plan to raid/PvP - you will be bored @ 50 unless all you do is raise alts ... I personally would wait for F2P

TBH, a few months ago SWToR might have worth it. Let me give you your current choices:

If You wanna pay sub:

MoP - Same old WoW but some people seem to like this expac
    Rift - Probably the best bunch of devs any MMo has right now. Amazing content quality and quantity.

Free to Play:

GW2 - Great graphics, great game over all although kinda light on PvE but it's "completely' free to pay

SWToR is not worth paying a sub for, or at least a huge majority of people who bought the box thought so. Is it good if it was free? Yes but it's not Free like GW2. It's a system where you get 5 bg/week free or soemthing and have to pay for any more bg and so on.

If you are asking for opinions, go play any of the above unless you are really into the star wars IP. SWToR does not compare to any of the other MMOs at all. Do not look in this forum though, look somewhere impartial.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Well of course it's his opinion and I agree with it. Rather play a game with decent story, fun PvP, good ops (TFB is awesome) than World of Dailycraft or Zerg Wars 2 (don't take this too hard, just joking around).

Hopefully the fix the minor bugs they introduced in 1.4, it really was pretty bug free recently, maybe some fixes tonight.
    I won't take it hard at all. I don't play either game. I play Rift which blows both of those games out of the water when it comes to content. Suffice to say, it has more current level content than WoW does and had far more content at the same point in its life cycle as TOR. Just wait until the expansion. Storm Legion is going to be insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming you haven't stepped into HM TFB.

Just want to point out, it's not going free to play. It's more like an extended trial that goes to level 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Just want to point out, it's not going free to play. It's more like an extended trial that goes to level 50.
    That's basically what a F2P hybrid model is.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    TBH, a few months ago SWToR might have worth it.
    if you found SWTOR worth it few months ago it would be more than worth about now so all your conclusion are kinda flawed by your very own first words in that post.

I will probably get back to SWTOR once it goes F2P. Enjoyed the game and I love Star Wars, but I can't really afford paying 2 monthly fees at the moment.

I'm also a total lore-nerd and RPer, so this game is right up my alley.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

TBH, a few months ago SWToR might have worth it. Let me give you your current choices:

If You wanna pay sub:

Rift - Probably the best bunch of devs any MMo has right now. Amazing content quality and quantity.

Free to Play:

GW2 - Great graphics, great game over all although kinda light on PvE but it's "completely' free to pay

SWToR is not worth paying a sub for, or at least a huge majority of people who bought the box thought so. Is it good if it was free? Yes but it's not Free like GW2. It's a system where you get 5 bg/week free or soemthing and have to pay for any more bg and so on.

If you are asking for opinions, go play any of the above unless you are really into the star wars IP. SWToR does not compare to any of the other MMOs at all. Do not look in this forum though, look somewhere impartial.
    Saying SWTOR doesn't compete is a bit silly. What does MOP offer that SWTOR doesn't? MOP has turned into a daily grind. Dailies are the worst part of MMOs, they feel like a chore and are just busy work and not challenging and they are making it a key focus...bad idea IMHO. Fastest way to cause burn out by artificially prolonging play.

GW2 isn't F2P, it's B2P. I also found it incredibly boring (and a lot of others have too from the sounds of things).

I haven't tried Rift, when it came out it was probably a bit too similar to WoW which I was still playing at the time and I'm currently having fun in SWTOR raids and pvp and in my spare time I'm knocking over some single player games (XCOM comes out soon!!!). I can understand why people like it though and might give it a go some time, but currently more than satisfied with SWTOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    So im wondering if TOR is worth going back into at all?

I let my time expire i was a Level 25 Jedi sittin preety somewhere and just wondering if its worth going back into to play again
    Well, it's going f2p soon so wont cost you to try it out and finish your story.
    To me it will most likely not be worth it, with f2p Im getting robbed on characters and also limitations to warzones (that they seem not to be willing to tell even though time for free is soon) wont even make it to the cuts of a casual game. Sure, I might not end up doing 100 warzones a week if that's the limit but simply having a limit is wierd

Deleted
    I'd say no. If you're already playing WoW it's basically the same game but with lasers. If that's you're thing than maybe.

With most of BioWare Austin getting taken out and shot I wouldn't expect much in the way of new content by the end of the year if F2P doesn't turn things around dramatically. I'd wait until November/December when it does go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    I'd say no. If you're already playing WoW it's basically the same game but with lasers. If that's you're thing than maybe.
    The way I would put it is more like this.

I'd say yes. If you're already playing wow it's basically the same game but without kungfu pandas. Unless you are a big jack black fan. Then maybe stick with what you've got.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    The way I would put it is more like this.

I'd say yes. If you're already playing wow it's basically the same game but without kungfu pandas. Unless you are a big jack black fan. Then maybe stick with what you've got.
    Ugh kung fu panda crap, try the xpac its actually really good if you haven't noticed but probably not judging by your uninformed comment

anyway, the f2p swtor will be bad, i dunno if you've done their free trial yet but it's going to be the same just with different limitations (a certain number of warzones and flashpoints per week) Also in their current free trial you can't even use the warzone chat so i'm not expecting that to drop anytime soon. good thing though is you're allowed to solo up to 50.

bottom line, its the same game right now just with added quality of life stuff (which does make a difference) if you do want to keep playing and do endgame you must still sub, otherwise you can finish your current jedi when f2p comes out (which is what i'm going to do)

and before anyone says anything, hell yes i'm a wow fanboy and despise swtor but moreso for the lazy copy pasted race models and wow style... and the hate for EA ruining every company i've ever loved :'(

in the end just play what you love

Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    Ugh kung fu panda crap, try the xpac its actually really good if you haven't noticed but probably not judging by your uninformed comment
    So mist of panderia does not have a race of pandas that know martial arts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Yes it is worth it. SWTOR is the best MMO on the market.
    Don't give people false information, pretty much every stat you can look at would say otherwise even the main key staff are being fired and the game is going free to play...meh if your happy with the game then good for you but that's a silly comment when it's blatantly false.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-10-09 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg388 View Post
    Getting incredibly annoyed with this.
    Soon? Stop fucking stalling, you're not even profitable anymore. FFS.

It was supposed to happen at the end of August. Or so it was thought.
    It is now October and they're still being fucking stupid.

And whatever patch broke simple things like the ability to hide your helm needs to be fixed. It's just ridiculous at this point. I quit because it was boring as fuck after you hit 50, and then I come back to bugs that are simple to fix? Way to continue to destroy companies, EA.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    It was supposed to happen at the end of August. Or so it was thought.
    It is now October and they're still being fucking stupid.
    It was never suppose to be the end of August.

It has always been November.

If You wanna pay sub:

Free to Play:

MoPe: World of Daily Craft is incredibly boring and the story is terrible. They could not balance their way out of a paper bag, so PvP is ridiculous. And the devs are so arrogant that they think they know what you like better than you do. They would probably tell you what you will eat for dinner if they thought they could get away with it. SWTOR is easily a far better game.
    Rift: Rift is WoW2 with a less immersive story, more grind, and less fun, oh and rifts. I did not enjoy the graphics on this game either. I will give Trion a lot of credit for the amount of content they put out, but unfortunately it just isn't anything I have any interest in. SWTOR is easily a far better game.

GW2: Is not actually free to play, you do have to buy it. Graphics are bad, story is terrible, VOs are atrocious, no end game. SWTOR is easily a far better game.

So yes, SWTOR is well worth the sub.
    Last edited by iceberg265; 2012-10-09 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    For the hundred, billionth time; Pandaren brewmasters/monks have been around way longer than Kung Fu panda has.
    Yes, in wc3 it was an easter egg that if you found Chen hidden on the map it unlocked a turret defense bonus level.

To base an entire expansion off an easter egg deserves some criticism.

It would be like if their next expansion was about sheep that explode if you click them too much.