23. This poll is closed
  • Yes

11 47.83%
  • No

12 52.17%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did Resident Evil 6 disappoint you?

I personally thought it destroyed Resident Evil in many ways, particularly in terms of story development. For one, the whole story of Resident Evil 6 is 100% filler.

It just became evident to me Capcom lost sight of storytelling after Resident Evil 5.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I personally thought it destroyed Resident Evil in many ways, particularly in terms of story development. For one, the whole story of Resident Evil 6 is 100% filler.

It just became evident to me Capcom lost sight of storytelling after Resident Evil 5.
    Capcom hasnt had sight of the games true story since they introduced the bullshit los plagas shit in RE4. Hasnt honestly been a real RE game since before 4. Why you expected this to be different i dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    How exactly is story in this game filler? Story seemed to be the main focus in this game.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Hey look, it's another sequel to a popular gaming franchise getting slapped with the "disappointment" label.

Are all of these game developers losing their touch or are the fans just too hard to please nowadays?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah OneSent, it's definitely the "hard to please fans". It's about as stupid as WoW lore fan boys that would get pissed at Blizzard for creating more lore......are you serious?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted
    The movie was great

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played RE:6 yet, so I can't really say much but Capcom did kill it's own genre of Survival-Horror with Resident Evil 4. I loved RE:4 personally, it was a step in a different direction but then I heard 5 was nearly unplayable in single player due to horrible AI and been seeing a lot of bad reviews on 6 as well. Should've stuck to what made the RE series great in the first place and not turn it into Action Horror Call of Duty...

People bitch to bitch i reckon. Never fails there's always someone who has something bad to say about something. I've been playing RE since RE1, and i enjoyed it. I enjoyed it because i didnt set my sights TOO high, or TOO low. I enjoyed the story, Just as much as i enjoyed RE 0,1,2,3, Veronica, 4, Outbreak 1/2, Raccoon City, and the newest game. The game i hated most was Number 5, but thats for too many reasons to count.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    People bitch to bitch i reckon. Never fails there's always someone who has something bad to say about something. I've been playing RE since RE1, and i enjoyed it. I enjoyed it because i didnt set my sights TOO high, or TOO low. I enjoyed the story, Just as much as i enjoyed RE 0,1,2,3, Veronica, 4, Outbreak 1/2, Raccoon City, and the newest game. The game i hated most was Number 5, but thats for too many reasons to count.
    Resident Evil 5 was amazing. The only thing RE6 did right was introducing Jake.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

I didn't expect much out of it, and am enjoying it quite a bit. I cancelled my pre-order after seeing the Gamestop review and just rented the game instead. Now I see that the Gamestop review was way off.

The controls are tight, the story and graphics are top notch, the enemies are varied enough to be interesting, it isn't short by any stretch of the imagination. I see nothing fundamentally wrong with the game. It has some really annoying parts, like having an ambulance run over you before you can even react to it coming at you, and having an underwater area that is just a bad design choice, but beyond that I have no real complaints.

Resident Evil used to be about survival horror. Now, it's an action-adventure thriller...thing...

Revelations is pretty damn good though.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Er, they still had sight of storytelling after RE3?

To me it stopped being Resident Evil when RE4 came out. Fun action shooter but it's not Survival Horror and the plot is totally unrelated so... why even call it Resident Evil? It's a totally different game.

Deleted
    While Code:Veronica will always be my favorate, I did really like 4, the change in direction ended up making something that was starting to feel stale turn into an amzing game. The set pieces were great, the pacing was flawless, and it rewarded exploration and there were secrets to find all over the place. Yeah the story was dumb but it also didn't take itself seriously so it didn't really matter. And tbh, RE story always seemed dumb to me since silent hill.

5 flopped for me, for a game that was almost indentical to 4 on the surface, it lost all its tightness, and I lost enthusiasm before I could finish it, while I must have played through 4 about 5 times as well as hammering all the extra ps2 modes and pro mode. It doesn't suprise me that 6 isn't much beter, capcom seriously have no clue anymore.

Ive yet to get this game (prob grab a second hand copy seems as most kids nowadays liek to play it and complete it in a day to trade it back in) prob try it on ps3 ...but still i remember getting the first one and watching this intro to the game for the first time once i got back from the shops;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBPorxYQcwc
    That was proper wanktastic back then.

Now all i have to say is what the fuck happened to this game throughout the years to end up as the abomination it is now.....

I can only repeat it once more: series went seriously down the hill with RE4 and they only get worse and worse and worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    As most people here said, since RE4 and that is a new game, only share same name
    RE was unique and they changed it completely to make it first person shooter
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    RE was unique and they changed it completely to make it first person shooter
    Lol at "unique" and "first person shooter", obviously you dont know what are you talking about.

Deleted
    So what's really wrong about resident evil 6? I'm going to pay full price for it once it comes out on pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    So what's really wrong about resident evil 6? I'm going to pay full price for it once it comes out on pc.
    If you are going to get it on PC you will see what is wrong with it. No matter how good it is, it will be shit on PC because Capcom doesnt care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resident Evil 6 is the best Resident Evil so far, easily.