Deleted

whats the best spec for Elegon 10 man normal?

One of my guild members cant seem to get his energy charges down fast as the rest he does fine up until the 3rd one but seems to struggle. He plays BM and i dunno if there is a better spec to play for burst dps on those energy charges. i know hes hit capped etc but maybe BM is just rubbish for those adds.

There is another post regarding the problem with /petattack triggers on this fight. You might want to adress him to it ?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Command-Issues

I did this as survival last night, and didn't seem to have any problems on the sparks. I did not solo them tho, had a prot pala on them with me but that just gave me more time on the boss.

If he can / wants to change Surv for this fight I highly recommend Thrill of the Hunt talent as I had it up almost every spark and I could just spam alot of AS on the sparks without getting focus starved.

They both work fine. BM allows for more burst dps during the last phase. Survival allows for more AOE for the adds. They do around the same for the sparks.

Quote Originally Posted by Malonnus View Post
    One of my guild members cant seem to get his energy charges down fast as the rest he does fine up until the 3rd one but seems to struggle. He plays BM and i dunno if there is a better spec to play for burst dps on those energy charges. i know hes hit capped etc but maybe BM is just rubbish for those adds.
    I soloed 5 waves very easy using BW and LynxRush on the last 2.. The others just have full focus when they spawn and spam arcane shot, then one combra shot and it will have 20 % and jus tfinish it of with killshot, ow and btw, try proccing thrill of the hunt or use dire beast as it spawns, dont remeber which i used for this fight.

I currenly am on Elegon progression as a BM hunter (10man). What I found is that the biggest problem is focus and maybe a bit of pet micro.

What I found was the easiest thing to help get through it was to be back at max focus (or close too) at the end of each energy charge. This means not using Arcane shot, Kill command and any other focus costing ability on the boss inbetween enerygy charges. A handy tip for easy pet micro is to macro the pet attack into kill command. As this would alow for an instant transition from Elegon to spark.

/petattack
    /cast Kill Command

So imediately when the energy spawns, KC your designated energy target furthest energy and glaive, retarget your own, AS spam and KS when you can. I will admit it gets a bit dicey on the later ones, But if you timed everything right, you should have Direbeast and Lynx rush still. My lynx rush with rabid/BW and trinkets solos near 3 of the sparks if pressed at the right time. (If pressed too early it bounces off other peoples)

I hope this helps.

I definitely go SV on this fight. With focus BA's on Elegon, I can get LnLs on every charge, plus free ASs from TotH. Plus the AoE on the cosmic sparks, plus entrapment (to keep them outside the circle where they get buffed) is helpful.

As SV the aoe for the adds in phase 3 would be nice also.

as BM you can easily handle up to 5 waves of sparks, just using kill command>arcane shots for the first 3, pop beastial wrath for the 4th, and lynx rush for the 5th (although you gotta wait until its about halfway or your pet will just hit the boss with them and it'll screw you.) I also did 5 as marksmanship, typically just chimera shot>arcane shotting them to death, on the 4th and 5th I had to spam steady shot the boss so I could get the aimed shot proc to open with though.