Thread: Warlock dmg

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Warlock dmg

Is this for real?
    How is even possible that locks can hit me like a truck.
    I am currently at 51.90% Pvp Res, which is not impressive but shouldn't mean I can take more than 300k dmg hits.

Your thoughts?

Screenshot attached.

http://postimage.org/image/qq41ftksh/

Deleted
    dat 58k non crit conflag too, gg

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=116858/chaos-bolt
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=113858/...ul-instability

Chaos Bolt always crits, Dark Soul basically increases it's damage. Add some trinkets/procs and 200-300k is possible.

My thoughts - Bm Hunter's, Mage's and Warlock's damage is a bit over the top at the moment. Same as Warriors.
    Either Blizzard screwed the scaling yet again or it's balanced with full PvP gear in mind.

Deleted
    My thoughts - Bm Hunter's, Mage's and Warlock's damage
    Add warriors dmg to that.
    But yea.. I don't know what to say.. 345k crit is just.. pff

Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    Chaos Bolt always crits, Dark Soul basically increases it's damage. Add some trinkets/procs and 200-300k is possible.

My thoughts - Bm Hunter's, Mage's and Warlock's damage is a bit over the top at the moment. Same as Warriors.
    Either Blizzard screwed the scaling yet again or it's balanced with full PvP gear in mind.
    hunters burst damage might be insane but our damage is not. Go to the hunter forums no hunter can even hope to compete dps wise in any environment. Once we blow our initial burst we easy pickins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoxicated View Post
    Is this for real?
    I am currently at 51.90% Pvp Res, which is not impressive but shouldn't mean I can take more than 300k dmg hits.

Your thoughts?

Screenshot attached.

Lol, that's absurd. I guess I did the right thing holding off buying MoP for a few months at least until things get fixed.

Is this for real?

Your thoughts?

Screenshot attached.

edit apparently I cannot read, 51% is decent reduction, but maybe they were stacked on pvp power.

It will be fixed in the next expansion don't worry

10+ Year Old Account
    So a warlock pops cooldowns and has bezerker and oneshots you because he hits you with a spell that has a stupidly long casttime?
    What exactly is the problem?

Deleted
    .... people have to stop crying chaos bolt hurts too much..... 3SECONDS cast (like 1.5-2 with backdraft)..... l2interupt
    interupt is win. /sigh

Deleted
    So a warlock pops cooldowns and has bezerker and oneshots you because he hits you with a spell that has a stupidly long casttime?
    3sec cast is not long. So should blizzard just give every class a 3sec cast ability so people can go around one shotting eachother?

.... people have to stop crying chaos bolt hurts too much..... 3SECONDS cast (like 1.5-2 with backdraft)..... l2interupt
    interupt is win. /sigh
    And no, I cannot focus interrupt on every single person in the bg.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    This. 10 Chars.

Warlock damage was quite broken even during patch 5.0.4 and at level 85 as you can see here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mage-reduction

I ate a 76.6k k Chaos Bolt and I had total damage reduction 71.73% additive.

Blizzard fanbois then screamed "OMG IT'S TUNED FOR LEVEL 90 PVP", but it was quite apparent that Warlock PvP damage was quite broken.

I am a veteran player, and after 7 years experience with Blizzard I am quite sure that they will do nothing except buff Retardins and DK's to compensate, perhaps even nerf Hunters.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    interupt is win. /sigh
    Getting a 3 sec cast off is common in BGs since far from every fight is 1v1 and even then it's more than possible, just silence a caster before chaos bolt or cc them first.

Deleted
    Getting a 3 sec cast off is common in BGs since far from every fight is 1v1 and even then it's more than possible, just silence a caster before chaos bolt or cc them first.
    Exactly.. But so many people think bgs are 1v1..

Exactly.. But so many people think bgs are 1v1..
    Well... so many people seem to think they balance PvP around bg's.

Deleted
    Well... so many people seem to think they balance PvP around bg's.
    So getting a 250k-350k crit on you in arenas is balanced.. yaay

So getting a 250k-350k crit on you in arenas is balanced.. yaay
    You were talking about bg's. Why did you change the subject? And nontheless, in arenas a locks ability to fire of that nuke is greatly diminished. Melee will train them so hard it's not even fair.

Deleted
    Why did you change the subject?
    Because you changed it.
    And melee will train them? what about if the opposing team is wizardcleave, fire mls etc?

Because you changed it.
    Nope, it was you.

And melee will train them? what about if the opposing team is wizardcleave, fire mls etc?
    Well then they met their counter? Not that I'd think that anyway since mages aren't really balanced themselves either atm, along with a couple of others.