Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As a resto drood whenever we flip to Cat it now converts our int to agility and enables us to do decent numbers with cat form. If we use Heart of the Wild shit gets crazy and we can do some unexpected burst. its no different than a hpal shooting you with holy shock and whatever the new exorcism is called. Resto has just finally gotten a much needed boost to utility that other heals have always had.

Also IDK why all of you guys are using 2's to compare balance... 2's is a crappy bracket to play anything in.
    Last edited by Rawke; 2012-10-10 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    It's only hiting for about 70k now

10+ Year Old Account
    my druid from my 3s hit me for 150k last night in a duel, its completely possible but its also a 6 min cd. sacrificing natures vigil for a 6 min hotw offensive cd kind of gimps rdruids in a bind though. honestly it all depends on how good the team hes playing with is, their burst coordination and at what rating cause if hes unable to connect while everyone else is bursting, that lvl 90 talent choice is a waste. probably good in 2s but who cares about that anyway.

Deleted
    It feels like when we are talking about this skill the duration is only 8 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    my druid from my 3s hit me for 150k last night in a duel, its completely possible but its also a 6 min cd. sacrificing natures vigil for a 6 min hotw offensive cd kind of gimps rdruids in a bind though. honestly it all depends on how good the team hes playing with is, their burst coordination and at what rating cause if hes unable to connect while everyone else is bursting, that lvl 90 talent choice is a waste. probably good in 2s but who cares about that anyway.
    Finally someone who understands what it is about. More people like you on these forums would be welcomed.

I think it's been nerfed. Not hitting as high as it was yesterday. Not sure though, will test more tomorrow.

My combat log last time I fought a feral was:

"___ hit you with Ravage for 84,000."
    "___ hit you with Ravage for 81,000."
    "___ hit you with Ravage for 87,000."
    "___ hit you with Ferocious Bite for 148,000."
    "You have died."

Bad enough when a feral can do this, but when a healing spec can mimic it, it just makes the game that much more laughable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post

"You have died."

Bad enough when a feral can do this, but when a healing spec can mimic it, it just makes the game that much more laughable.
    This is either a troll or a very misinformed poster. Ravage requires stealth and is not available to resto/balance druids. Stop spreading bullshit please.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    It feels like when we are talking about this skill the duration is only 8 seconds.
    Alltough this skill has alot of uses in many aspects of the game, aslong as were discussing resto druids using this in pvp to increase their cat form damage, the active duration really isnt longer then 8seconds, cause theres no way a Resto Druid can stay in cat form for more then that without setting himself up for a easy kill.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 10:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    This is either a troll or a very misinformed poster. Ravage requires stealth and is not available to resto/balance druids. Stop spreading bullshit please.
    its not misinformed because if a feral uses his "Incarnation: King of the Jungle" he can use stealth abilities without being stealthed, much like Rogues "shadowdance".
    A resto druid can however not mimic this cause they dont have acess to this ability.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 10:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post

"You have died."

My main is a Feral and even tho these numbers do seem somewhat exaggerated I will admit that the amount of damage a Feral can do with all cooldowns popped is too high.
    This is however true for almost every single class, where most of them are alot harder to avoid then ferals.
    Ferals only way to break free from crowd control is PvP trinket and their shapeshift to get out of roots/slows.
    So its quite easy for most setups to CC a feral for almost the full duration of his Berserk duration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyon View Post
    its not misinformed because if a feral uses his "Incarnation: King of the Jungle" he can use stealth abilities without being stealthed, much like Rogues "shadowdance".
    A resto druid can however not mimic this cause they dont have acess to this ability.
    Exactly why it is misinformed seeing as this thread is about RESTO DRUIDS. The poster also gave his example and finished with;

100% Misinformed. You cant argue with that!

The issue for me isn't that resto gets 45 seconds of feral dps, it's that they get 45 seconds of better-than-feral dps. A resto druid who pops HoTW will BURY a feral druid in damage for the 45 seconds. Just like how a feral who pops it will bury a balance druid in dps spamming wrath or whatever for those 45 seconds. I have played almost 150 games of arena in MoP and 3 of the 5 hardest hitting attacks that I have taken so far have been ferocious bites from resto druids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomptttt View Post
    The issue for me isn't that resto gets 45 seconds of feral dps, it's that they get 45 seconds of better-than-feral dps. A resto druid who pops HoTW will BURY a feral druid in damage for the 45 seconds. Just like how a feral who pops it will bury a balance druid in dps spamming wrath or whatever for those 45 seconds. I have played almost 150 games of arena in MoP and 3 of the 5 hardest hitting attacks that I have taken so far have been ferocious bites from resto druids.
    Hardly. My feraldruid outdpses my restodruid+hotw by far. Far from true!

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Hardly. My feraldruid outdpses my restodruid+hotw by far. Far from true!
    Your contributions to this thread so far have been both insightful and valuable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyon View Post
    My main is a Feral and even tho these numbers do seem somewhat exaggerated I will admit that the amount of damage a Feral can do with all cooldowns popped is too high.
    Don't forget about that 30% berserker buff and people using potions "just for the lols" in random bgs. Luckily we can't base discussions on randomly thrown out numbers.

On the other hand that parse gives a great idea of what is possible with heart of the wild in pve: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bu...s=9764&e=10090 (a feral's greatest damage source being wrath, making up for more than 1/4 of his damage during a 5.5 minutes fight), hitting for almost 400k (crits 700k).
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2012-10-11 at 07:12 PM.

Deleted
    Your contributions to this thread so far have been both insightful and valuable
    Just calling bullshit as i see it. Take that how you want mr "i have contributed so much myself".

Deleted
    Did every resto druid reroll BM hunter for more ezmode now:S?

Last week, all teams used to have resto druids, now its just BM hunters. Actually, im quite happy with that cause i know how to counter them .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Did every resto druid reroll BM hunter for more ezmode now:S?

Last week, all teams used to have resto druids, now its just BM hunters. Actually, im quite happy with that cause i know how to counter them .
    Im loving my resto druid atm. That is because it feels like the best healer atm with a 6 minute cooldown that can let me have som fun against bad players.
    Im counting on nerfs with the next patch because everyone knows that restodruids cant be this good for a whole season without everyone screaming nerf

Deleted
    Anything is possible with the amount of cc.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    For anyone who wants video proof, I decided to take Heart of the Wild into a BG just to get some footage for a friend and I might aswell post it here. This was my ONLY try with it as Balance (I've used it as Resto loads but don't have a Resto spec atm - there shouldn't be any difference in the damage anyway).

It's really OP, although nerfing the duration by 50% and the CD by 50% wouldn't solve anything.. as nearly -all- of the damage from HotW comes from the first 5-10s when you burn through your energy bar.

Good Druids' will also slowly get the 5 CP's through an arena match without using HotW, so there is on demand burst whenever it is needed. That on-demand 100-200k ferocious bite burst is ridiculous when coupled with a resto druids ability to get around the map. A couple of well placed shrooms to Wild Charge too and no pillars would be safe to hide behind. Feral Charge > HotW > 100-200k Fero bite and 3-4 20-40k mangles.

Link to video, I have no idea about the person I hits gear, although I only have 8% PvP power in this video.

You are very misinformed on how Druids and on how this game in itself works.
    You go into a WSG pickup berserker buff and crit 200k on a random player.
    Then assume you could do the same in arena....

Secondly you cant do a Ferocious bite and then 3-4 Mangles as resto.
    Ferocious bite will cost u 70 energy which only leaves enough energy for 1 mangle.
    If you stay in cat form longer then that to regen energy then the enemies will just turn around and global you in a stun because of no hots.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 03:21 PM ----------

Not only do Feral attacks hit harder then Restos Hotw attacks does.
    But ferals also have more energy and tigers fury to further increase their damage, ontop of on-use agi trinket, berserke and king of the jungle.

So clearly you are either mistaken or just posting random whining for the sake of whining.

If the CD doesn't allow resto druids hit for more than feral's mangle/fb, then what is the point of even having it? You do realize that resto druids get same agility as feral already right? Right now, without HotW popped, resto's mangle is not much far behind ferals (assuming the resto also uses an agility staff). A resto druid popping HoTW does not do more damage than a feral popping Incarn/ or berserk. Resto are only limited to rake, mangle and FB while you know ferals get rip, etc. You cannot simply compare the damage alone from mangle/FB. I do agree that the damage berserk from this talent is a bit high, and blizzard has stated that they will be nerfing it. But acknowledge the fact that it's a 6 minute CD. If the CD is cut in half, then it might be worth it to use after the patch. From what I'm seeing right now, there is no point in taking this as a resto druid inc nerf. The 6% stat buff is just lackluster compared to the other two talents. (I'm only talking about restos btw)