Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Nostalgia is a massive part of why people complain, they think the game was better in vanilla then it really was.
    I think MoP is a great expansion sofar, we'll have to see how it evolves over times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    Nostalgia is a massive part of why people complain, they think the game was better in vanilla then it really was.
    I think MoP is a great expansion sofar, we'll have to see how it evolves over times.
    What really killed wow? Blizzard fanboys like you.
    Stop buying pets and mounts for money and maybe the'll start working again...

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-08 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    Your post makes a lot of sense. Time killed wow and that happened a long time ago. Sadly we cannot go back to the "good times" and whats more interesting is that this happens with every mmo from now on.

I think that nothing has dealt a killing blow to WoW. You can make something bleed, but that can be mended. No huge impact has truly happened.

Deleted
    WoW isn't dead, get off our forum.

So true, so true.

It's obviously not dead, but I'm starting to wonder what it is that causes people to be SO dumb that they keep repeating themselves until they BELIEVE the crok they are spewing? o.O

People have been saying that WoW is dead/dying since TBC. It's funny because they're too stupid to learn. Doesn't stop me enjoying it at all. ^^

The game CAN however "die" to the individual, but you people aren't able to think along the lines of "this is how I feel, but that doesn't mean it's a fact for everyone".

Me? Well, of course WoW has lost a lot of the old charm that it used to have when it was NEW to me. But, especially with Mists of Pandaria I have been reliving that old feeling of exploration, awe (spelling?) and the feeling that it's FRESH...but now I'm "old enough" to the game that I notice issues more than I notice the fun stuff. When I was new to the game, fps drops and such wouldn't have chased me away (didn't have any issues pre-patch 5.0.4 though) but now these damned issues are making me look to other games because I just cannot stand the shoddy programming. 150 euro later and the issues are still there just the same!! *RANT*-

...where was I? o.O...Oh yes, nostalgia is bad when stupid people are affected by it. Smart people will look back with fondness instead of bitterness.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-10-08 at 12:58 PM.

Even Vanilla WoW will never compare to original Everquest, Kunark, and Velious...

ohhhh nostalgia

other mmo's would kill to even be at one fourth of wow's sub numbers

Is wow killed?

But what you're saying is true nonetheless. A first experience is something we can never return to.

if 10 million subscribers is "killed/dead" i'd sure like to make a "killed" game.

people like to bitch, you're never going to make everyone happy.

Who is to say if it is nostalgia or the game really was better back then?

There are people who rather want to travel by horse than use a car.......
    Traveling by horse or car; which one is better in present time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    What really killed wow? Blizzard fanboys like you.
    Stop buying pets and mounts for money and maybe the'll start working again...
    You can't really argue with the logic and reason behind this post....because there isn't any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    Even Vanilla WoW will never compare to original Everquest, Kunark, and Velious...

ohhhh nostalgia
    WoW will always be better than EQ1 and all the real 'grinders' that followed it.

For me it's not nostalgia at all, the game really just is bad, and that's my opinion, not some nostalgia bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Banky.Edwards View Post
    I actually feel the same about MoP. i just see a lot of nostalgia affecting how players even view new content. they don't take it for what is is, and view everything with bitterness because it isn't vanilla.
    I love the new content, the new zones, it is the ultra-nerfing of zones 1-60 that is painful, the interesting quest lines vanishing so people can get to end content asap. Insta-raid buttons on their way no doubt.

Over the weekend I saw, in here I think, someone whine because he had died on a quest. Maybe that is the attitude that has taken over too many of the newer players that they are invincible because they have Cata raid gear and could storm through tbc raids in minutes

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'am a special snowflake, i r Brutal Gladiator, rawr.

Jokes aside, i think i loved vanilia wow so much because it was my first MMO, and as a 14 year old nubcake, i just frickin loved every moment of it. But now as a 22 year old, i think, i just miss those times of "nothing else to do than school and wow 24/7" rather than the game being that good

Also no armory, EJ, MMO-champion, every running in a totally weird random gear, hell i even used a blue mail feet from ZG till Naxx becouse there wasn't any better healing mail item for shaman on the feet slot. It had such a wodnerful feelings of being new, different, nowdays everyone is copy of everyone ( stat and item wise, not how you look, that is definitely a plus from Blizz ), back then everyone was different ( atleast till MC / BWL farm times on my server ). I played 0/20/31 trough the whole vanilia after i joined my first raiding guild, till TBC patch, i just loved to have 5/5 flurry, good old Arcanite Reaper and go PvP in my freetime. Even talents totally made up by everyone ( atleast at the very start )
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2012-10-08 at 01:13 PM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    The only thing that "kills wow" is topics like this.

People bringing up the ''WoW still has 10 million subs'' argument, you do know who we have to thank for that? Thats right, the amazingly TBC and WotLK, the best expansions ever.

What did Cata do? Oh right...

Now we just have to see how MoP will do