Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

World of Warcraft - The Emerald Dream

Hi guys

Im here asking for The Emerald Dream.... Anybody knows something about it??

What's up with the 4 portals arround Azeroth??

Will this expansion come soon??

Thanks for your opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been asking for Emerald Dream for quite sometime now... I'm sure Blizzard is saving it for something big though.

Deleted
    ''Will this expansion come soon??''

Well, I guess no.

Deleted
    Apparantly it was concluded in the pre Cataclysm novel in a very weak ass way! That said the mushroom circle in Tirisfal makes me think differently

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a couple of problems for a emerald dream expansion.

1. The problems there were largely solved in a book (though not completely)
    2. The vastness of the dream. It's supposed to be all of Azeroth without that Well of Eternity events thingies happening. This means that they would have to create another whole Azeroth for 1 expansion, which seems a bit much.

Both these problems can be solved, though I don't think that will be in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Adam86shadow says, the emerald dream was concluded in the novel Stormrage. This is why Ysera the 'dreamer' became 'the awakened'.
    #boycottchina

The four portals were the locations of the 4 corrupted green dragons back in Classic. They were outside world bosses.

Will the expansion come soon? No, it may never come at all.

The first step towards concluding the Emerald Nightmare was the redemption of Eranikus during the opening of Anh'Qiraj. Blizzard then wrapped up the majority of the Emerald Nightmare storyline with Malfurion's "grand return" to the world in the novel Stormrage.

For a leader that had such a big deal made out of his absence, it was a lackluster way to bring him back.

Now, the book did leave a dangling plot thread that there is still a place in the Emerald Dream where the nightmare remains and it seems the Nightmare was caused by the same Old God that controlled Deathwing, N'Zoth. So it could be revisited at some point in the future.

However, add in the end of Ysera's powers as an Aspect and that could throw a further twist in. It could let the Nightmare go wild or it could be a reason to separate further from the plot and leave it be.

Personally, I don't expect we'll see it put to use as an expansion.

Deleted
    The Emerald Nightmare was defeated in a book before Cataclysm yes.
    However the map is still in the game, you can watch my old video (the place is still the same from when I made the video) showing the place

But yeah, I doubt very much that we will have an expansion about ED. Maybe a patch introducing the zone and some dailies

Deleted
    Yes apparently is solved .... but no concluded!! A lots of friends who play with me are saying the same .. but nobody knows if the portals will get any utility in a future.

1 expansion to do all Azeroth again? Is really easy with the tradicional's Blizz Copy and Paste.

It may seem like a lot but it is just what Blizzard needs to create a good expansion and keep the game alive as to remain the best game

Deleted
    Hey there is already a nice thread to talk about and speculate about the next expansion here :
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...FO-amp-RUMOURS

The mushroom circle is where the Fairy Dragons come out every 6 hours or so and do their dance.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...irisfal-Glades

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys Emerald Dream will not be an expansion. GET OVER IT. At most it will be seen as a raid. AT MOST A RAID.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Emerald Dream Expansion. Storyline was wrapped up in Stormrage, and the whole idea is goofy. The whole point of the Emerald Dream is that is untouched by mortal presence, so what sense would it make to send every schmo on Azeroth in there to "save" it? We'd destroy it in the process.

Stormrage and it's conclusion is pretty good evidence that Blizz want's to just drop the Emerald Dream idea and go with other ones.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how we have people here who just KNOW what Blizzard will and will not do with future raids, expansions, etc. Can I have your job of all inside knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    The whole point of the Emerald Dream is that is untouched by mortal presence, so what sense would it make to send every schmo on Azeroth in there to "save" it? We'd destroy it in the process.
    ...kinda like Pandaria.

But anyway, Emerald Dream would suck as an expansion. All misty purple and green zones with dreamy atmospheric music... it'd be like The Burning Crusade all over again. Leveling would be a snoozefest.

Deleted
    To all the people saying the Emerald Dream problem was concluded in Stormrage, did you read the book? Like actually read it? Because I surely read something else.

The Nightmare has been pushed into the Rift of Aln and sits there being guarded by the green dragons, Ysera, druids, dryads and so on... but hold on, with Cataclysm haven't many of these gotten out to... save the world? Yes. And Ysera can't even see in the Dream all the time since she's awakened now. Cenarius and the Ancients left the Dream. Malfurion left the Dream. Many dryads and keepers left the dream. Most druids left the Dream. Who is stopping the Nightmare from starting a new offense now? Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    No Emerald Dream Expansion. Storyline was wrapped up in Stormrage, and the whole idea is goofy. The whole point of the Emerald Dream is that is untouched by mortal presence, so what sense would it make to send every schmo on Azeroth in there to "save" it? We'd destroy it in the process.

Stormrage and it's conclusion is pretty good evidence that Blizz want's to just drop the Emerald Dream idea and go with other ones.
    And that would be the irony, we'd be going there to save it but destroying it in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Accaris View Post
    ...kinda like Pandaria.

But anyway, Emerald Dream would suck as an expansion. All misty purple and green zones with dreamy atmospheric music... it'd be like The Burning Crusade all over again. Leveling would be a snoozefest.
    Yea, kind of like Northrend was, I cold frozen glacier all over since that's what we knew about it. Well... except that in-game most zones weren't that.

And Burning Crusade had all the zones the same? What? Hellfire red and filled with orcs, Zangarmarsh and mushroom nagas, Blade's Edge and the spikes and ogres, these look the same? Get some glasses man!

Deleted
    The Emerald Dream has sooooo much potential... It's basically an alternate reality that's void of sentient beigns. A huge ecosystem left to evolve and change, it would look completely different

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're interested in the Emerald Dream, I suggest you pick up Stormrage.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The Emerald Dream has sooooo much potential... It's basically an alternate reality that's void of sentient beigns. A huge ecosystem left to evolve and change, it would look completely different
    And that's why we will never go there.

It's Azeroth without mortal races. Us building forts and cities there would ruin that.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

And that's why we will never go there.

It's Azeroth without mortal races. Us building forts and cities there would ruin that.
    Like we're ruining Pandara...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Like we're ruining Pandara...
    Exactly. Now let's go ask Ysera to let us set up shop in a pristine planet.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)