Deleted

Should I get MoP now or wait more?

Hi guys and girls,
    Here is my dilemma:
    I ordered a new computer and was expecting it last week, but as in turns out it might be here by the end of this week(who knows maybe even 15-16.10). However, by that time people are gearing up and and I am falling behind. My current PC is quite old though - one core, 1 gb ram, GF 8400 (512mb). New PC is 6 core, 8 gb ram, Sapphire HD7850 (2gb) GDDR5. I like to level up throught quests. Should I get MoP now and don't lose 3-4 days (I am completely free right now) or wait till new PC so that I can experience things with better graphics.
    I really don't want to fall behind, but I really want to enjoy looking at MoP also.
    What would you advice me to do?

Personally I'd play anyway but that's because I'm not that bothered about graphics and whatnot. I'd suggest waiting and getting a full experience.

Take a break, it will make the game feel that much more fun when you finally get into it again, like a cocaine fix. Trust me, you'll see.

Deleted
    Just wait, you're already 'behind' to be honest. When you get it you'll get to experience it in al its glory on your new machine. Do take your time to enjoy the scenery and questing.

Get it. Play when ya want. Its not a race

Due to real life issues, I had to wait until the second Friday before getting MoP and playing it (Roughly 4 days ago). All the anticipation made it better (And having friends able to make me full BS gear and whatnot upon hitting 90 is great as well). I've been taking my time, but I'm already nearly 90, and will be ready for heroics and raids soon after.

It's worth the wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornish Forrestfield View Post
    Just wait, you're already 'behind' to be honest. When you get it you'll get to experience it in al its glory on your new machine. Do take your time to enjoy the scenery and questing.
    On the other hand, playing it on the old computer one day and on the new one the next will make you actually notice the difference.

To anyone who gets themselves a new computer, I usually recommend heading into Vortex Pinnacle at night on their old PCs and then again on their new one... The difference is startling.

I remember playing the beta on my old computer with fairly low graphics settings... even with my new computer, I still ran beta on low settings. And then, when it went live, everything was just amazing.

It simply depends on how you look at things. Do you want to see it first in all its glory - or do you want a means to compare how much your hardware improved WoW for you? (If you ask me, anybody who complains about WoW's graphics being outdated etcblabla has never set everything on ultra.)

wait until its been out a month and a few days then buy so that there first month sales decrease.

But srsly tho why wait? Unless your playing on a PvP server and want to wait for all the gankers to leave lower level areas i dont see why not buy now. Raids are opening up, PvP season has started, what you waiting for?

Deleted
    Thanks guys!
    I am buying it today, to wait any longer is just torture I really want to start already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    Hi guys and girls,
    New PC is 6 core, 8 gb ram, Sapphire HD7850 (2gb) GDDR5.

[...]

What would you advice me to do?
    Spend your money on useful things and don't waste it in a game that requires an ancient computer in order to play it.

If you like to lvl up doing quests, you might as well do it now. The storylines pretty cool and there are tons of quests to do.

Of if you want you could lvl battle pets while you wait, then once you get them high lvl sell the sellable ones for a crapton of money.