Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Boomkin Symbiosis[Mage] Mirror Images:Broken or Just Bad?

I've used mirror images quite a few times during bossfights. I use them right after I use my CA and other dmg buffs. The total dmg, according to skada, for the ability is 1.2k. The images are alive for the duration.

Is this an error in Skada, a bug or does mirror images just suck that much for symbiosis?

Deleted
    The mirror images suck that much, they are for pvp. You're best off giving it to a warlock/rogue/DK for a defensive ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    They suck, they are a aggro/pvp cooldown, nothing more

Mage here

Deleted
    Easy way to test it yourself, without relying on addons:

Get a mage friend to join you, so you get mirror images. Start hitting a dummy. Note all the numbers your images does. Add them up. Is that 1.2k?

How much do treants hit for?

Deleted
    My Mirrors were hitting for like 40 damage per cast, so 1.2k total sounds about right.

They really, really suck - and I don't understand when people refer to them as a minor DPS increase when discussing Symbiosis options - they're a complete waste of a global in DPS terms.

Maybe if we get another Chimeron they'll be useful.

I did my first MoP raid last night, and I was well impressed with the defensive cooldown options - particularly AMS from our DK, so the spell has grown on me a little bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Symbiosis is not supposed to pigeon hole us into "zomg you must symbiosis this class for a throughput increase" -- and their way of avoiding pigeonholing is just not letting it have any offensive ability whatsoever for us as well as removing any defensive ability whatsoever for tanks.

So while every other class pretty much got one (if not multiple) new throughput abilities in Mists, druids got nothing.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    "zomg you must symbiosis this class for a throughput increase" -- and their way
    The point is, that its not even an option. It is straight out useless - and I'm not even a mage. I get Sunbeam as Elemental...... this is also useless in PvE.

Dunno who had the idea to introduce such an ability.

Deleted
    If you think Solar Beam is completely useless in PvE, you should rethink your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Slic View Post
    If you think Solar Beam is completely useless in PvE, you should rethink your life.
    Yes because a class with a 15 second interrupt needs another one in PvE. Care to share which boss needs to be interrupted this often in Mists?

Symbiosis is a majorly over-hyped spell. It's an ok utility spell, not a DPS cooldown.

Symbiosis is garbage in PvE and with most classes isn't even worth the 6sec cast time. Cast it on a class it is actually worth it on and they still refuse to use it, Traq, Rebirth etc.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Yes because a class with a 15 second interrupt needs another one in PvE. Care to share which boss needs to be interrupted this often in Mists?

Symbiosis is a majorly over-hyped spell. It's an ok utility spell, not a DPS cooldown.

Definitely a utility spell... and not even for the Druid!

Deleted
    I imagine CloS from a rogue will be excellent at somepoint for avoiding a DPS damaging boss ability, for example an Ultraxion explosion. I don't raid with a rogue though atm

AMS from a DK has already gained me a bit of DPS by dropping the hit debuff during Feng's epicentre.

Think outside the box peeps!

Deleted

You mean Skull Bash? That's melee specs only fyi.

15+ Year Old Account

PVE is not all about raiding, solar beam can also help specs of mobs in dungeons from casting. It is an adaptable spell, like druids themselves. Is the spell for druids themselves better then what other classes got?No. But if you use it in the right way, on the right person, it is 3X as better then what the other classes got.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

so far I have only found use for the following spells:

AMS from dks (good for magic damage throughout heroics or challenges)

Cloak of shadows from rogues (I actually used this on a Feng kill in vaults last night to drop the arcane pulse debuff in the final phase and it also negates arcane vortex damage, quite handy)

50% shield wall from warlocks (50% reduced damage for 12 seconds is a very substantial 'oshit' button)

So basically I see my symbiosis always being on a warlock or rogue (when I can cloak something).

put it on a warlock

or a paladin for pvp.

oh lordy, there is nothing more hilarious than hoj'ing a ret who thinks hes about to global another moonkin

none of the symb targets give DPS to boomkins. go with a specific utility for each fight, or give another class something that might come in handy.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mirror Images is a good utility spell. It was never about dps increase. It saved me many times because it resets aggro when you use it.
    If you want to use it as a dps increase I suggest to use it on bloodlust/time warp. But still don't expect miracles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberTod View Post
    Mirror Images is a good utility spell. It was never about dps increase. It saved me many times because it resets aggro when you use it.
    If you want to use it as a dps increase I suggest to use it on bloodlust/time warp. But still don't expect miracles.
    You can also use it then 'vanish' in pvp. It will confuse the hell out of people.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose