Gold making force to play AH

So is the only real way to make gratuitous amounts of gold, to use the AH?

not just like selling things you farm but sitting there buying things up low and selling them high/combined with professions, the only real way to make insane amounts of gold?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

just knowing how to use your professions, can make you a lot of gold. i have been making between 3-6k on average a day since mop launched, did really well and made 16k yesterday. and i just use inscription, and enchanting. try to spend less than 15 min on it a day as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Knowing Blizz, the graphic settings will be able to be tuned down to play on a microwave oven.

Ok I understand how inscription can make a lot of gold, but what about enchanting? people are saying break down sha crystals which doesn't make sense to me since on my server sha crystals are going for 300g while their components are going for 30 or less.

Btw I'm eng/enchant, and I know eng doesn't really have much to give for money making.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda seems that way. How much would you consider as "gratuitous amounts"? It really just depends on how you want to play the game. If you want to get lots of gold and are ready to put the effort into it, the AH is probably the best way to manage that (between keeping lots of auctions up and being mindful of undercutters). If you like questing, completing large amounts of quests and vendoring useless goodies can yield decent results as well.

I don't feel particularly forced to use the AH to earn my money, but it's the easiest for me because of the "set it and forget it" style of play it provides.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Kinda seems that way. How much would you consider as "gratuitous amounts"? It really just depends on how you want to play the game. If you want to get lots of gold and are ready to put the effort into it, the AH is probably the best way to manage that (between keeping lots of auctions up and being mindful of undercutters). If you like questing, completing large amounts of quests and vendoring useless goodies can yield decent results as well.

I don't feel particularly forced to use the AH to earn my money, but it's the easiest for me because of the "set it and forget it" style of play it provides.
    Bit of a mount collector, and I've not gotten most of the ones that you can get without having to buy them either off the AH or the new ones like the 100k Yak mount. In Wrath I was able to make my motor bike in 2 weeks farming every day making my own titansteel, and selling all the other stuff I farmed to get the gold for the parts that were just bought.

Problem is, I don't think this will work this time around for the new eng mount. It will for the living steel, because I have a guildy who is making them for me, but currently I only have enough for one of the orb of mysteries, so I'm wondering if there is a better way to make gold than just farming ore.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Make 500k gold, buy/craft all the MoP mounts. No use in doing it in steps, you'll go crazy.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Make 500k gold, buy/craft all the MoP mounts. No use in doing it in steps, you'll go crazy.
    oh so you are giving me 500k gold, since I don't have that right now.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    You can make a ton of money by farming and selling the items. If you, for some reason, want to be the most lucrative businessman on your realm then yes, you would have to work the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

With mining/herb I've made 30k just from doing basic farming, I rarely go out of my way to gather unless it's Trillium/Golden Lotus. But yes, if you want to make a lot more than that play the AH. ❤

The Auction House will always give you the highest Gold Per Hour, providing you know what you're doing. Undoubtably you'll make mistakes from time to time (Hello 4g Eight of Serpents, thank you very much!) but as long as you learn from them, you'll soon start pulling in more gold than you can spend.

Unfortuately, you're gonna need more than just the 2 professions if you want to make serious amounts of gold though.

If you're farming ore, check the price of the bars too it's not uncommon to see bars selling for more than the ore. I wouldn't normally recommend farming, but ore will never be more lucrative than it is right now, once the prices of it come down, just stop farming it and move on.

Vendor EVERYTHING you don't want, remember, look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

For your professions you might try sell the scope and what I think is the 463 gun. If all you're doing is trying to make gold then just DE stuff as you quest and sell the mats. I would always make a sha crystal, while they may not be that expensive now as people start unlocking the recipes that take them and people are gearing up more in regular and LFR raids I would imagine that the price would go up. So having a few stashed away might be a good idea. Anyway that is what I'm doing on my 4 enchanters.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Randoomer said, some people make mistakes on the AH while posting and you can cash in on it. This morning I found a 14-stack of the warrior glyph: Glyph of Incite, which is practically godly for any Warrior tank, for 10g on the AH . Yep, 10g (and another single stack for 50s). I sold one of those within 30mins for 95g.

Being proactive on the AH is a great way to make money, and is certainly the most lucrative. The new mounts are probably a great way to make some good bank as well. My friend has sold a couple of the new JC mounts for ~35-40k with a cost of about 25k to buy mats. Since you have enchanting, I'd suggest just banking your mats until you can start selling the good recipes that require Sha Crystals. I usually see the "top" recipes sell for a ton at the start of new tiers (and even more since it's now at the start of a new expansion).

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess the AH is the way to go, yes. Questing or dailies won't make that amount of money that the AH can. That said...I have 350 000. By no means a crazy amount. If you can get by with 20k or so, that indeed works with questing....
    Well i have about 20k right now, but I'm going for yak and eng mount. Eng mount will be about 60k, yak is more than 100k, and then all the other mounts from rep vendors.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

You missed your opportunity to make vast amounts of gold, farming up w/e to sell to people in the first few days of release... people would pay through their nose to get realm firsts - easily make 30-50k in a day.

Buying 'old' [Cata] mats, cloth, dirt cheap when people were clearing their bags and banks... prices went up dramatically due to countless monks being made, for their professions. e.g. - Embersilk cloth were going for like 3-4g a stack - now they're going for 80g. Massive profit from just that.

etc.

You need to think of things in advance

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    in cata i used to skin and sell, that was the only way i figured out to make some gold.

now in mop i honstly dont have a clue what is high value but i guess skinning is giving good profit.

spent 485k yesterday on a swift spectral tiger so i guess i will have to figure out someway to earn gold once i hit lvl 90 as i spent all my gold :P

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    You missed your opportunity to make vast amounts of gold, farming up w/e to sell to people in the first few days of release... people would pay through their nose to get realm firsts - easily make 30-50k in a day.

Buying 'old' [Cata] mats, cloth, dirt cheap when people were clearing their bags and banks... prices went up dramatically due to countless monks being made, for their professions. e.g. - Embersilk cloth were going for like 3-4g a stack - now they're going for 80g. Massive profit from just that.

etc.

You need to think of things in advance
    Yeah we had 1 guildmate to that, but I really wanted to get to 90 so I could start raiding and getting rep with the various factions. got cloud serpent today, no eggs.

And I'll be one of the first people on my server to shadow pan enchants so that will be helpful.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    You need to form a plan. You will get slaughtered if you do not know what you are doing. The AH is always the most effective way of making money if you know what you are doing.

I say this many times but all servers are different so get to understanding yours. At the moment the ah is in a very strange state of flux and for many reasons certain things arent selling at all. People are busy with leveling, doing dailies and heroics. When LFR opens up then there will be more demand. When raiding starts proper, then if there are radiing guilds the demands will be much higher.

After initially thinking the panthers might make masses, then I am now of the view there will be minimsal scope for profit becayse the orb is 75% of the mats price. Do your dailies or gather like crazy. I seem to be building up stock more than selling, but the market will change into a steadier and more understandable state in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Randoomer View Post
    The Auction House will always give you the highest Gold Per Hour, providing you know what you're doing. Undoubtably you'll make mistakes from time to time (Hello 4g Eight of Serpents, thank you very much!) but as long as you learn from them, you'll soon start pulling in more gold than you can spend.

Unfortuately, you're gonna need more than just the 2 professions if you want to make serious amounts of gold though.

If you're farming ore, check the price of the bars too it's not uncommon to see bars selling for more than the ore. I wouldn't normally recommend farming, but ore will never be more lucrative than it is right now, once the prices of it come down, just stop farming it and move on.

Vendor EVERYTHING you don't want, remember, look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.
    the first week of MoP release was the hayday of gathering professions. I pulled in 55kg from farming and selling mats the first week. I played a massive amount and gathered every single node I came across while leveling. at times fools cap were selling for 1kg a stack. That being said gathering is still profitable but extremely boring. Im JC/Alch and making about 5kg a day. Ill probably level up my tailor/enchanter next followed by inscription and maybe something else?

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 03:55 PM ----------

If you want to make some money cut or buy a lot of gems now and then sell them wed-friday this week as everyone wants to gem their new gear. a similar spike was seen when the pvp season started. many people were in need of gems for their new found gear.