Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

PETA attacks Pokemon

As the title says. I cant stop laughing they really went and attacked a game that has fictional animals. Heres a link to some info about it, they even have a game called Pokemon Black and Blue somewhere in this link. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...to-free-em-all

I suppose it was only a matter of time...but I wonder what would happen if they spent all that time and money on things that actually mattered. Like, I don't know, helping the ASPCA (the people who actually deal with abused animals).

Deleted
    That's pathetic. This makes me think of Saudi Arabia and their nonsense about how Pokemon is akin to witchcraft.

That made me laugh! Some seriously weird people in PETA. I wonder when they'll address pet battles, hunter pets and that fact that you can kill critters?
    Yes, I like animals, but that doesn't stop me from having a nice, raw weekend steak or enjoying pokemon. I would rather support ASPCA or another organisation that actually helps animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just sad, actually it's more sad when PETA tried to say a Dolphin was trying to commit suicide when it accidentally jump out of its aquarium

10+ Year Old Account
    Took them long enough, it's been what? 16 years since Red/Blue?
    Wiping is Fun! ™

This game literally made me dumber. I cant say I'm shocked but there is a level of incredulity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm beginning to think PETA's aware of the fact that no one takes them seriously and they're just churning this out for the free press.

At least that's what I'm telling myself to counter the fact that people actually believe PETA's succeeding.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I really hate those guys, after I tore down some posters and stickers they used to vandalize a bus stop I frequent, they wrote their website all over the place with permanent marker...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Possibly the worst organization ever - and I don't meant just activist groups, I mean ALL groups.

PETA is a bunch of useless fucking asshats.

This is ridiculous. It's a game in a fantasy setting, first and foremost. The Pokémon universe teaches much more (friendship/companionship/bad guys don't win/etc.). There are bonds between the Pokémon and their trainers, and those that do abuse them do face their just dessert. And to top it off, Pokémon aren't helpless animals.

PETA is a backward, hypocritical organisation. They expose petty things and merely hunger for publicity.. and they hardly find answers/ways to help suffering animals, and their extremist actions are atrocious. They're a flawed, falsely advertised, and ultimately a terrorist organisation. They claim to help animals, but methods of hate and violence will not get your point across. That's about it (but is obviously my opinion on the matter).

And I do care for animal rights/protection, but PETA are well.. see above.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think i got some kind of brain damage from playing that , reading the post and playing 3 min of that game and instant brain cancer
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

LMAO fucking ridiculous, I made it to the "bonus video", these people are absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darsh333 View Post
    This game literally made me dumber. I cant say I'm shocked but there is a level of incredulity.
    pokemon made you dumb?
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    pokemon made you dumb?
    No, he stated he was allready dumb, but playing pokemon made him dumber - unless ofc. he had a case of the typoes.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    No, he stated he was allready dumb, but playing pokemon made him dumber - unless ofc. he had a case of the typoes.
    Or he might be talking about peta's parody game.

This makes me feel like marmot stomping.
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    As the title says. I cant stop laughing they really went and attacked a game that has fictional animals. Heres a link to some info about it, they even have a game called Pokemon Black and Blue somewhere in this link. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...to-free-em-all
    I've always wondered about how they actually pit their pets against each other in deathmatches and get away with it

Deleted
    I get why pETA does it. They make a big deal out of any popular media product which possibly that implies animal cruelty takes place in its story, because it draws attention to the organisation, either just to attract attention for selfish reasons or a genuine desire for people to look at the broader message of the organisation, contemplate their position on animal welfare and perhaps make them pause before tucking into that bucket of KFC or putting on that mink fur coat.

It still seems rather pathetic, but it certainly works to draw attention to the group.

Deleted
    PETA are morons with no foundation in reality, this has been proven many times.